Official Foran concedes he's one more serious injury from retirement

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think he knows he will be taking a large pay cut if he stays and rightly so. I think this is about much more than money though. If he comes back and stays injury free and plays consistently like he has when he's on the field than what a player he would be. sadly that is just a very big IF. cant fault the bloke for his determination though, i would love to have a team full of blokes of his character. all the best to him i really hope that he kicks his injury curse because that only means good things for our club as well

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Foran's still our best player. Elliott as a player also said the same thing regarding Foran on and off the field. I think Foran's a much better player than Milford (I don't even think it's a contest whatsoever) who's the best half off contract we could sign (probably having to match his 1m at the Broncos - that's a massive risk in itself). Obviously the problem with Foran is his injury record but if we're able to keep Lewis, Wakeham and/or Cogger we'd have decent back up. When considering everything I think if we were able to re-sign Foran on a reduced contract, something like 400-500k, for another one to two years it would be beneficial to our team. I would hate to see Foran go elsewhere for cheap and have somewhat of a good run not getting injured and playing like a 1m half like we know he can.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the way he directed the team towards the backend of last year, despite his injuries he still has a very good football brain and would like to see him partner with Wakeham when he gets back. Hopefully with some luck, we grind out some wins and he returns whilst we're still a chance of making the finals.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pose the question this way;

Which clubs would be willing to pay how much at the end of his current contract?
Would we offer a little less to see if he would stay on to pay back the support we have shown him?

He obviously has the talent and knowlege but how do you rate the risk/reward?

Imagine he went back to Manly for 400k and had 4 years injury free!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pose the question this way;

Which clubs would be willing to pay how much at the end of his current contract?
Would we offer a little less to see if he would stay on to pay back the support we have shown him?

He obviously has the talent and knowlege but how do you rate the risk/reward?

Imagine he went back to Manly for 400k and had 4 years injury free!
Prepare yourself, Des is the only one that will sign him on half decent coin.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
If he goes alright when he gets back on the fied and survives till the end of the year then would love to have him on a reduced contract ... Really think our young halves could still learn a thing or 2 from him.. Would love to see Foran string a few games together next to Wakeham.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People actually want to re-sign Foran :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is selfish, this last injury should of been it. I admire him for his hard work, but he is selfish as hell. He would make more money retiring and coaching for the halves.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Foran comes back mid year and gets to the end of the season with out a major injury I wouldn’t be against offering him a small deal ($200k-$300k) for next year. The biggest issue with him currently is his huge deal that soaks up more then 10% of the cap and we haven’t gotten anywhere close to value for money.

When he’s fit he’s the best half we have and getting him on a cheap deal won’t hurt us. The only major problem I see with keeping him is having such a disjointed halves combo if he can’t string regular games together.
A fully fit and firing jnjury free Foran is one of the best halves in the comp. If you play Lewis and Wakeham around Foran for a yr it isn't a bad idea but you would have to drop Cogger.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A fully fit and firing jnjury free Foran is one of the best halves in the comp. If you play Lewis and Wakeham around Foran for a yr it isn't a bad idea but you would have to drop Cogger.
It is a bad idea because it's exactly what we're doing now and it doesn't work :tearsofjoy:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As Sancho said we are basically doing that now. The more I think about it's better to just cut bait with Foran its just too destabilising chopping and changing the halves around due to Forans fitness.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I actually don't care whether or not we re-sign him, as long as he's on either minimum wage or match payments. Handy back-up player for a different preferential five-eighth. For his own quality of life though, he should retire.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who's got a crowbar?

No disrespect - when he was on the field, he was easily one of our best last year. Composed. Steered the ship beautifully. Tough bugger.

But honestly - unless he wants a $150k contract to play 3rd fiddle to whomever Pay uses this season - then cya cuzzzzzzzzzzz

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yous have to admit though, when he’s fit and playing we are a far better side. All the best to the bloke hopefully he proves himself when he comes back
Well everyone knows this, it’s very obvious!! He was a top player in his manly days, I always used to want him at our club, we got in too late, but yes when Fozzy is out there for, us injured or not the whole team dynamic changes and goes up a gear or two. We all know he’s a tough bastard...!!! But his body is just giving in, although his mind is not.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But his body is just giving in.
In his time with us he's had a toe ligament injury, a syndesmosis (ankle injury) and a shoulder dislocation, all as the result of heavy contact. There's no consistency, it's not the same part of his body giving up and they are impact injuries, not tearing the ACL's, MCL's or anything remotely similar showing some inherent weakness. It could just simply be bad luck and how stupid would we look if his luck turned around and played the rest of his career injury free. I think he puts it very well when he says "Look, I'm not naive to think that it's a possibility that if I get another bad injury ... I think if that was the case maybe it's my body telling me it's time." He is such a great player and fits well into our team both as a player and as a person that we should give him every opportunity. My view is that if he comes back around June and plays the rest of the season injury free then we should look at some arrangement for next year. If he does get injured next year then he will medically retire and we get the Cap space back.

Go Dogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In his time with us he's had a toe ligament injury, a syndesmosis (ankle injury) and a shoulder dislocation, all as the result of heavy contact. There's no consistency, it's not the same part of his body giving up and they are impact injuries, not tearing the ACL's, MCL's or anything remotely similar showing some inherent weakness. It could just simply be bad luck and how stupid would we look if his luck turned around and played the rest of his career injury free. I think he puts it very well when he says "Look, I'm not naive to think that it's a possibility that if I get another bad injury ... I think if that was the case maybe it's my body telling me it's time." He is such a great player and fits well into our team both as a player and as a person that we should give him every opportunity. My view is that if he comes back around June and plays the rest of the season injury free then we should look at some arrangement for next year. If he does get injured next year then he will medically retire and we get the Cap space back.

Go Dogs
There is consistency, he's been injured the whole fucking time. Who cares if its different parts. Do you keep repairing a shitbox car or cut your losses and move on?

If you can't see that may god have mercy on your soul. Maybe you like arguing for arguments sake i dont know

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is consistency, he's been injured the whole fucking time. Who cares if its different parts. Do you keep repairing a shitbox car or cut your losses and move on?
If you can't see that may god have mercy on your soul. Maybe you like arguing for arguments sake i dont know
He has played 26 games for us in 2 seasons, so he's not "injured the whole fucking time" in fact he's not injured even half of the time.

Go Dogs

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think Foran and the rest of the sane community have conceded this.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
You completely ignore his back and hamstring injury that are linked and he has had consistent problems with since leaving Manly. That defiantly shows a inherent weakness.

Read all about here and it's obviously still a major issue because he missed 8 weeks last season with a hammy.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/02...foran-will-manage-for-the-rest-of-his-career/