Official Foran concedes he's one more serious injury from retirement

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You completely ignore his back and hamstring injury that are linked and he has had consistent problems with since leaving Manly. That defiantly shows a inherent weakness.

Read all about here and it's obviously still a major issue because he missed 8 weeks last season with a hammy.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/02...foran-will-manage-for-the-rest-of-his-career/
Which is interesting since he had most of 2017/2018 off after the back/hammy injuries, then the toe injury not long after.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foz needs to be realistic. Hes slowly coming around by saying hes 1 more serious injury away from retirement. After securing the Turbo Bros to long term deals on the back of DCE there's NO WAY Manly could afford more than $400K for Foran. As a halves mentor I believe, in the absence of anyone better on the horizon that an INCENTIVE deal for Foran could be worked out. Say $300k plus $20k a game so if he played 25 games hed earn $800k. Also we should stipulate in any contract going forward NO REPRESENTATIVE FOOTBALL...because from experience we were not adequately compensated the last time he played Rep football. This kind of arrangement is fair to both sides. Its about time Foran took on some of the financial risk of him getting sidelined for extended periods. I cant think of a more injury prone player in my time of 40 years following the game.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foz needs to be realistic. Hes slowly coming around by saying hes 1 more serious injury away from retirement. After securing the Turbo Bros to long term deals on the back of DCE there's NO WAY Manly could afford more than $400K for Foran. As a halves mentor I believe, in the absence of anyone better on the horizon that an INCENTIVE deal for Foran could be worked out. Say $300k plus $20k a game so if he played 25 games hed earn $800k. Also we should stipulate in any contract going forward NO REPRESENTATIVE FOOTBALL...because from experience we were not adequately compensated the last time he played Rep football. This kind of arrangement is fair to both sides. Its about time Foran took on some of the financial risk of him getting sidelined for extended periods. I cant think of a more injury prone player in my time of 40 years following the game.
The Salary Cap assumes full payment of contract, so it would use up $800k of our Cap even if Foran played one game and was actually only paid $320k. The fact is we have plenty of cash, that’s not the problem. The limiting factor is what is included in the Cap.

As for Bulldogs injured players and most missed games my guess would be Chase Stanley, which was a real shame as he was a great player of considerable naturally ability.

Go Dogs