Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What?
Ah yes the hamstring is an isolated muscle group

Answer me this oh wise man

26 games in 2 years
Can anyone help us answer the following?

gotta be 6 or so at least returning from injury
X amount where he left the field early or was useless for the remainder of the game
x amount without match fitness and returning from injury. Im sure ive seen quotes where he's said that he wasnt fit enough to play and had to be a bit of a passenger

then throw in the inconsistency of having different halves all the time because of the above..

So how many games did we actually get? 10 ?
2018 Foran didn't leave the field early once (averaged 80 minutes a game - played the full length of every game he played).
2019 Foran averaged 76.1 minutes a game. There was only one game where Foran left the field early where he only played 26 minutes (round 15 vs Sharks).

I remember at least a couple of times Foran picking up some sort of an injury or knock and playing on not at "100%". Foran's tough and refuses to come off unless it's severe.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stats don’t always show the whole picture. I remember being at this game https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/31...-game-of-season-with-upset-over-wests-tigers/
Yeah there were a couple like that but Foran only left the field once which is a testament to his character. Most people paint Foran as someone who's just stealing a pay check. Foran's done everything he possibly can to give his all for us. Some people will say he shouldn't of represented his country but that's real BS to me and there is a good reason to why the club can't and wouldn't prevent him from doing so.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah there were a couple like that but Foran only left the field once which is a testament to his character. Most people paint Foran as someone who's just stealing a pay check. Foran's done everything he possibly can to give his all for us. Some people will say he shouldn't of represented his country but that's real BS to me and there is a good reason to why the club can't and wouldn't prevent him from doing so.
it's not bs, it's the absolute truth. Club was weak to allow him to play, brain dead decision.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree and wish his body had half of his tenacity. I also agree you can’t stop a bloke representing his country or good luck ever signing anyone again. You also open yourself up to a restraint of trade claim. I would, however, have had a quiet word in his ear and try to talk him out of it

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In other breaking news, man just landed on the moon...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You can see him signing with another club post-2020 for 3 years and not having an injury for 3 years.

Bloke is busted, obviously wants to keep going but his use by date with us is up...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was 1 injury from retirement, 3 injuries ago.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has played 26 games for us in 2 seasons, so he's not "injured the whole fucking time" in fact he's not injured even half of the time.

Go Dogs
By the time he makes it back on the field this year it will be way more than half the time injured, and there's no guarantee that he will be injury free for the remainder of the season..

Your defense of foran is ridiculous and laughable..

His signing will be remembered as a massive shit stain on our clubs proud history

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then don't cheer him on when he comes back and leads us into the finals.
Remember your post
By the time he makes it back on the field this year it will be way more than half the time injured, and there's no guarantee that he will be injury free for the remainder of the season..

Your defense of foran is ridiculous and laughable..

His signing will be remembered as a massive shit stain on our proud clubs history

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one wants to give up at 29, what if he comes back and saves our arse?
I reckon he has been trying too hard when all he has to do is be there and sus things out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He has played 26 games for us in 2 seasons, so he's not "injured the whole fucking time" in fact he's not injured even half of the time.

Go Dogs
Wouldn't 26 games in 2 seasons roughly be half the time?

Go wogs.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's already three injuries past retirement
Where he is quoted as saying "I'm hopeful this is it for me..." he is echoing what many on the Kennel having been saying too - although not in the same context.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then don't cheer him on when he comes back and leads us into the finals.
Remember your post
Still going into bat for Dib and his fkd up decision, lol .....

And I'll cheer whoever wears the blue and white... I support the club, not the player... not you nor anyone else can put terms and conditions on me supporting my club..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Foran comes back mid year and gets to the end of the season with out a major injury I wouldn’t be against offering him a small deal ($200k-$300k) for next year. The biggest issue with him currently is his huge deal that soaks up more then 10% of the cap and we haven’t gotten anywhere close to value for money.

When he’s fit he’s the best half we have and getting him on a cheap deal won’t hurt us. The only major problem I see with keeping him is having such a disjointed halves combo if he can’t string regular games together.
True. If he's fit, we can rely on him to set us up for more wins than losses. I suspect he may have financial worries, which is why he is pushing to keep playing - and that means he is not focused on staying with the club for the reasons we want.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. If he's fit, we can rely on him to set us up for more wins than losses. I suspect he may have financial worries, which is why he is pushing to keep playing - and that means he is not focused on staying with the club for the reasons we want.
Let’s face it, if he comes back injury free then leaves for more than we offer, he would have to be the biggest shit **** going around. He has pretty much been paid to fix his failing body. If he is half a decent **** he’d be willing to re-sign for half his wage.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he is fit he is one the best 5/8 in the comp. let’s hope he comes back early and repays the favor.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In his time with us he's had a toe ligament injury, a syndesmosis (ankle injury) and a shoulder dislocation, all as the result of heavy contact. There's no consistency, it's not the same part of his body giving up and they are impact injuries, not tearing the ACL's, MCL's or anything remotely similar showing some inherent weakness. It could just simply be bad luck and how stupid would we look if his luck turned around and played the rest of his career injury free. I think he puts it very well when he says "Look, I'm not naive to think that it's a possibility that if I get another bad injury ... I think if that was the case maybe it's my body telling me it's time." He is such a great player and fits well into our team both as a player and as a person that we should give him every opportunity. My view is that if he comes back around June and plays the rest of the season injury free then we should look at some arrangement for next year. If he does get injured next year then he will medically retire and we get the Cap space back.

Go Dogs
It's official, TwinTurbo is actually the delusional Des Hasler lol

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In his time with us he's had a toe ligament injury, a syndesmosis (ankle injury) and a shoulder dislocation, all as the result of heavy contact. There's no consistency, it's not the same part of his body giving up and they are impact injuries, not tearing the ACL's, MCL's or anything remotely similar showing some inherent weakness. It could just simply be bad luck and how stupid would we look if his luck turned around and played the rest of his career injury free. I think he puts it very well when he says "Look, I'm not naive to think that it's a possibility that if I get another bad injury ... I think if that was the case maybe it's my body telling me it's time." He is such a great player and fits well into our team both as a player and as a person that we should give him every opportunity. My view is that if he comes back around June and plays the rest of the season injury free then we should look at some arrangement for next year. If he does get injured next year then he will medically retire and we get the Cap space back.

Go Dogs
The syndesmosis injury would have happened to any player that fell under that tackle. But the last shoulder injury was pretty soft, he obviously went into that match with the shoulder already busted. Maybe the club and Foran knew this and that’s why they have been so supportive of him getting the treatment and return to the field and not retire.