Official Foran concedes he's one more serious injury from retirement

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not up to us whether he's around next season. It's a decision for the board to make. If he returns this year and plays well and stays free of injuries it's a bit more likely he'll be around next year. Even if he's able to scrape up a strong end of season run the club may look at letting him go as a value for money choice. If he's injured after returning I think they'll cut their losses and let him move on. All the argument in the world from us probably has very little impact on the decision making process of the board. The board seems to have made some decent decisions and tough calls and hopefully we start seeing the benefits this year.

Another part of the factors to weigh up will be who else is available and interested in joining the club. If the quality of players available isn't there it might be sensible to keep him for a further year regardless. Anything over 5%of the cap leftover goes to waste. So it may just come down to the fact that it's handy to have a half with his experience around to guide the youngsters.

There's no point going round in circles about all this anyway. We can't rush the decisions of others.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has played 26 games for us in 2 seasons, so he's not "injured the whole fucking time" in fact he's not injured even half of the time.

Go Dogs
ah yes the big differences

Okay break it down

Out of the 26 how many was he returning from injury from ... early sometimes, with no match fitness.

His hamstrings have been fucked since before he left Manly, you didn't even mention them lol.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
ah yes the big differences
Okay break it down
Out of the 26 how many was he returning from injury from ... early sometimes, with no match fitness.
His hamstrings have been fucked since before he left Manly, you didn't even mention them lol.
Which games has he missed playing for us with hamstring issues?

Go Dogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
What?
Ah yes the hamstring is an isolated muscle group

Answer me this oh wise man

26 games in 2 years
Can anyone help us answer the following?

gotta be 6 or so at least returning from injury
X amount where he left the field early or was useless for the remainder of the game
x amount without match fitness and returning from injury. Im sure ive seen quotes where he's said that he wasnt fit enough to play and had to be a bit of a passenger

then throw in the inconsistency of having different halves all the time because of the above..

So how many games did we actually get? 10 ?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Aug 11, 2019 - Scott Bailey. Kieran Foran is expected to make his long-awaited return from a hamstring injury in next Saturday's clash with South Sydney. However, after battling ongoing hamstring injuries, Foran is now confident he will be fit to return for the Bulldogs' final month of the season.

LOL okay 'Twin Turbo'

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieran who? I don't care if he is fit and ready, he can play in the Canterbury cup as far as I'm concerned until his contract finishes, not one full season and even though injuries aren't anyone's choosing he would have known his body was fucked when he put pen to paper, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What?
Ah yes the hamstring is an isolated muscle group
Answer me this oh wise man
26 games in 2 years
Can anyone help us answer the following?
gotta be 6 or so at least returning from injury
X amount where he left the field early or was useless for the remainder of the game
x amount without match fitness and returning from injury. Im sure ive seen quotes where he's said that he wasnt fit enough to play and had to be a bit of a passenger
then throw in the inconsistency of having different halves all the time because of the above..
So how many games did we actually get? 10 ?
Aren't you contradicting yourself?
he's been injured the whole fucking time.
So which is it, he's been injured the whole time or he's not been injured for 10 games (your numbers not mine).

Go Dogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aren't you contradicting yourself?

So which is it, he's been injured the whole time or he's not been injured for 10 games (your numbers not mine).

Go Dogs
Im asking the question lol

He played 26 games, no one denies that. How many were quality? Okay lets say they all were
He's still missed a significant amount of games.

NOW speaking of contradictions, what were you saying about hamstrings?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In his time with us he's had a toe ligament injury, a syndesmosis (ankle injury) and a shoulder dislocation, all as the result of heavy contact. There's no consistency, it's not the same part of his body giving up and they are impact injuries, not tearing the ACL's, MCL's or anything remotely similar showing some inherent weakness. It could just simply be bad luck and how stupid would we look if his luck turned around and played the rest of his career injury free. I think he puts it very well when he says "Look, I'm not naive to think that it's a possibility that if I get another bad injury ... I think if that was the case maybe it's my body telling me it's time." He is such a great player and fits well into our team both as a player and as a person that we should give him every opportunity. My view is that if he comes back around June and plays the rest of the season injury free then we should look at some arrangement for next year. If he does get injured next year then he will medically retire and we get the Cap space back.

Go Dogs
Lol, I did I not mention he was a great player and that yes we play better when he was in the team? Of corse I did, did I not mention in his manly days he was also good? Yes I did..

I said his body is not up to it an it’s not, he is injury prone and that’s a true fact, never once have I doubted his ability, but as far as he footy career Is concerned, it’s very much coming to an end.!!! You picked out one thing I said and blew it up haha.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Aug 11, 2019 - Scott Bailey. Kieran Foran is expected to make his long-awaited return from a hamstring injury in next Saturday's clash with South Sydney. However, after battling ongoing hamstring injuries, Foran is now confident he will be fit to return for the Bulldogs' final month of the season.
LOL okay 'Twin Turbo'
My apologies I was under the impression it was a calf injury, but on checking it seems it was both a hamstring and a calf.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is a bad idea because it's exactly what we're doing now and it doesn't work :tearsofjoy:
As Sancho said we are basically doing that now. The more I think about it's better to just cut bait with Foran its just too destabilising chopping and changing the halves around due to Forans fitness.
It is a average idea, Im actually all for just throwing 2 halves in, sticking with them and letting them form their combos this season readying for the future.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Im asking the question lol
I like questions, questions are good, it makes me think and also do some research from which I find out all sorts of things that I didn't know that I didn't know..

Go Dogs