Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Your talking about what is out in the media.

I certainly am not, as I am well informed.

Irrespective I was happy to let dogs lie, but you wanted to have a joke at my expense today about the 20 x players so there you have it.

At least I got a hit out of it....and might get a start at the next bleaters video too if I am lucky
I love it. Endless argument but now 'well informed'.
Suggestion: since you seem so qualified, how about giving the club a call and offering your wisdom to the recruitment committee? With your strike rate here they might even hire you!
Actually - I want you in a starring role in my next video - but if the club hires you I guess I'll have 'failed to land' you... :-)

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering when you would surface...
I don't know ray mate
Thanks Ray but we weren’t in a salary cap position to sign most of those players thanks to Raelene, Des & yourself. Many of them didn’t want to leave their existing clubs either

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was wondering when you would surface...
I don't know ray mate
I bet he wishes he knew you before the last election.
I know you’re pissed off mate but realise the situation we are in, why we are in it and know that the club are doing all they can to dig us out of this hole. Bring on the season!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they need to get closer with the player managers on a personal level...
I do know they get treated very well by other clubs.
Whilst it was important to have a luncheon with the media recently, and hats off to them, they need to go above and beyond with the player managers,of course everything above board.
Get them to buy into what we are trying to build at belmore.
I love it. Endless argument but now 'well informed'.
Suggestion: since you seem so qualified, how about giving the club a call and offering your wisdom to the recruitment committee? With your strike rate here they might even hire you!
Actually - I want you in a starring role in my next video - but if the club hires you I guess I'll have 'failed to land' you... :-)

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whilst it was important to have a luncheon with the media recently, and hats off to them, they need to go above and beyond with the player managers,of course everything above board.
Is a player manager some sort of pimp for his sluts?

Im not sure but do these pimps tell clubs how to run their clubs?

Most of all, which is really confusing, who the fuck is Sam Walker?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would that include Gavin and Chris Orr, recently stripped of NRL accreditation for 'aiding a salary cap breach'? (Which by the way represent one of your 'failed' Bulldog recruits, Payne Haas)
Would it include Issac Moses who currently has a 'show cause' notice against him for 'counselling a person not to co-operate with the NRL Integrity Unit'?
Would it include Antoun Zibara who was fined and place on probation for 'knowingly submitting several player contracts which had not been witnessed in accordance with NRL rules'?

Player managers care about one thing - getting clients the most money they can, so they in turn get the most money they can.
They're not interested in 'what we're building at Belmore'.
Hence why we've battened down the hatches - aren't speaking publicly and focussed on internal steps forward.
Soon enough players will want to come to Belmore themselves - think 2009 when we landed Ennis, Hannant, J-Moz, Stagg etc. 2021 will be about retaining and upgrading some players and recruiting maybe 4-5 quality players as we did in 2009.
Then it's about careful roster management going forward and never allowing a Ray, Raelene or Despot near the place again.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See here's the thing.

If this is our clubs position on this, their belief system like you have described is it any wonder why we haven't landed anyone...

Sam walker ...look him up...he will be at the roosters.
Is a player manager some sort of pimp for his sluts?

Im not sure but do these pimps tell clubs how to run their clubs?

Most of all, which is really confusing, who the fuck is Sam Walker?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, I don’t want to buy into your debate but... are you fucking kidding about the player managers comment?

The fucking chips the size of boulders on most players shoulders these days have been put there by these pricks.

Not “all” but many of them are self interested leaches.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's quite sad how you generalise the player managers.

I wonder how others would generalise the bulldogs as a club?

For the record, it was only one Orr brother , not both and that will be rectified soon.

Do you know any player managers? I guess not.

We have seen with some Broncos players stay for less, Cody walker too stayed for less, same with latrell he went there for less too..

Michael Jennings stayed for less after a better offer from the dogs.

So your theory about money hungry managers is untrue.

This is could be the problem people,with arrogant dinosaurs running our club with set belief systems .

No flexibility, no open mind.
Would that include Gavin and Chris Orr, recently stripped of NRL accreditation for 'aiding a salary cap breach'? (Which by the way represent one of your 'failed' Bulldog recruits, Payne Haas)
Would it include Issac Moses who currently has a 'show cause' notice against him for 'counselling a person not to co-operate with the NRL Integrity Unit'?
Would it include Antoun Zibara who was fined and place on probation for 'knowingly submitting several player contracts which had not been witnessed in accordance with NRL rules'?

Player managers care about one thing - getting clients the most money they can, so they in turn get the most money they can.
They're not interested in 'what we're building at Belmore'.
Hence why we've battened down the hatches - aren't speaking publicly and focussed on internal steps forward.
Soon enough players will want to come to Belmore themselves - think 2009 when we landed Ennis, Hannant, J-Moz, Stagg etc. 2021 will be about retaining and upgrading some players and recruiting maybe 4-5 quality players as we did in 2009.
Then it's about careful roster management going forward and never allowing a Ray, Raelene or Despot near the place again.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

For the record, it was only one Orr brother , not both and that will be rectified soon.

We have seen with some Broncos players stay for less, Cody walker too stayed for less, same with latrell he went there for less too..

This is could be the problem people,with arrogant dinosaurs running our club with set belief systems .

I know plenty of player managers and most are slimy scum, very very dodgy. Are you saying we should crawl up their arses to sign players?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Right - so now you not only know affected players, but managers too?
Player managers are a necessary evil of recruitment. And yes, many of them are scumbags, perhaps not all.
Yes, as far as the Orrs - it was only Gavin, but they both run the company.
And your example of the Broncos hardly washes - moving interstate is so much more than moving clubs across Sydney. Sometimes people simply don't want to up stumps when they have family and friends close-by. Addo-Carr perfect example - went to Melbourne and wants to come back.
Latrell so what. He and his advisors thought they could dictate terms and get whatever they wanted 'The skies the limit' - remember?
The Tigers were the only ones stupid enough to come close and even they pulled out. He signed at Soufs because he was out of options. And even they got him not only cheaply but one year and one year option in the clubs favour. Hardly an endorsement nor quality representation got him that deal.
Michael Jennings was only ever rumour - I'd really like to see the evidence of that one.
As I said Teddybear - if arrogant dinosaurs are in charge, you and your infinite wisdom should at the very least consult with the club and show them where they are so badly failing. I bet you'd have us on an amazing track in no time. (said tongue firmly in cheek).
For all your bleating and criticism - I can't actually recall a constructive suggestion from you...

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll tell you what they will produce at the start of next season " excuses"
its been 15 years since we held the trophy up with a grand final win 2004 is a long time ago, in those years from 2005 till now we have gone from one of the strongest clubs with strong recruitment and a strong foundation to a club struggling to make the top 8 with a couple of ok seasons in between.

salary cap took players from us in 2005 for a few years, des came on board building what turned out to be a cross between of the titanic and great train robbery, where we had no choice but to let players go, this is where the new board and leadership comes in, while they cannot say what they have been doing in regards to recruitment,it does look like what ever they been doing hasnt been enough to get the signature any one of significance, the time the board have is fast running out as the end of this season they have openly said we have a war chest to work with, lets see what they can produce by the start of next season

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'll tell you what they will produce at the start of next season " excuses"
Are you a member Teddybear?
Will you be attending games this year?
For all your bleats and claims you really don’t sound like much of a supporter...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing the man

Well done

Yes of course I'm a voting football club member and have been for over 16 years You?

Are you a member Teddybear?
Will you be attending games this year?
For all your bleats and claims you really don’t sound like much of a supporter...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Playing the man

Well done

Yes of course I'm a voting football club member and have been for over 16 years You?
No, not playing the man - trying to get something constructive from you.

Great, good to see you’re a member.
Yes I am too.
Perhaps you’re disgruntled with no alternative ticket running at the election?
What does that tell you?
Unlike last time to me it says the majority are happy with the direction.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Player managers may be viewed as scum but unfortunately certain players managers have become so big they are controlling the league and that’s just the way it is like it or not.. Isaac Moses is a perfect example. If getting closer to them is not the answer I don’t know what is...​

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Playing the man

Well done

Serious question, how were you reacting when this damage was being done to the club?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Player managers may be viewed as scum but unfortunately certain players managers have become so big they are controlling the league and that’s just the way it is like it or not.. Isaac Moses is a perfect example. If getting closer to them is not the answer I don’t know what is...​
Valid point mate. Probably the first thing would be to rewrite the rules of engagement to make them suitably able to earn a living but not dictate to clubs and/or the league.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting closer Seems like a more logical and sensible approach.

Digging our heels in and showing them contempt....well how is that going for us?