10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Stimpson
13. Jacko
14. Toomaga
15. RFM
16. Elliot
17. Katoa

Ogden isn't in the class off these guys yet.
I agree and mainly for defence at the moment. That’s the closest to what I think the actual team will be

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree and mainly for defence at the moment. That’s the closest to what I think the actual team will be
You would hope Pay would move Jackson to lock but he hasn't in two seasons when it's obvious that at this stage of his career, Jackson no longer belongs on an edge... But I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully Pay sees what the rest of us see..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You would hope Pay would move Jackson to lock but he hasn't in two seasons when it's obvious that at this stage of his career, Jackson no longer belongs on an edge... But I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully Pay sees what the rest of us see..
I think last year he played on an edge because of his pre season surgery and recovery. Once his shoulder was good he couldn't get off an edge because he was helping Coggar or Foran in D plus he was an absolute weapon there.

I'm not sure how good Stimpson's defence is but if he can do the defensive work on an edge then surely there is no reason for Jacko to not move into the middle. A rotation of Jacko and Elliot is logical though if Jacko doesn't re-sign then it would be Elliot and Smith at lock with Doorey in the mix. Doorey is the future lock for this club.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think last year he played on an edge because of his pre season surgery and recovery. Once his shoulder was good he couldn't get off an edge because he was helping Coggar or Foran in D plus he was an absolute weapon there.

I'm not sure how good Stimpson's defence is but if he can do the defensive work on an edge then surely there is no reason for Jacko to not move into the middle. A rotation of Jacko and Elliot is logical though if Jacko doesn't re-sign then it would be Elliot and Smith at lock with Doorey in the mix. Doorey is the future lock for this club.
This has been eating away at me for months...Stimson not Stimpson lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can we get rid of the hyphen so the title reads "resigns"?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can we get rid of the hyphen so the title reads "resigns"?
A title is spelt right on the kennel and you want to change it? What about llllatrelllll haha

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta be..

8.Tolman
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Stimpson
13. Jacko
14. Toomaga
15. RFM
16. Elliot
17. Katoa

Ogden isn't in the class off these guys yet.
ogden not in Elliot’s class?
Am I missing something
What class is Elliot in that I’m not aware of

if anything I’d agree with @doggieaaron and promote Stimson to start and rfm back to bench to come on and play middle.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ogden got fucked about?

He served up one of the limpest displays from a starting prop I’ve ever seen against the Broncos last year and rightfully hasn’t been sighted in the top grade since.

That said - hopefully he can show some character and bounce back and earn himself a bench spot at some point. He does have potential
So ofden fcuks up once and is thrown away and demoted
Yet dumb ***** Elliot, lichaa, Chris Smith etc Fcuk up every second game and still get picked???
Yes that makes sense

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet dumb ***** Elliot, lichaa, Chris Smith etc Fcuk up every second game and still get picked???
Yes that makes sense
If they fucked up then at least they fucked up whilst having a proper dig.

If you watch that Broncos game (the last game Ogden played) you’ll understand what I mean. He shirked the physical contest. Jersey grab tackle attempts on opposing forwards that directly lead to points. It was embarrassing and I’d go as far as saying it was one of the softest performances from a bulldogs prop forward I’ve ever seen.

Dean saw it that way too. Big Ofa copped both barrels post-match, and hasn’t seen first grade since.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes that makes sense
And this is what annoys me most about pay ogden in my opinion offers more but gets no chances where those 3 get heaps

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes that makes sense
Exactly.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
But is the issue purely ability?
Might be an attitude problem as well.
Putting in at training - the whole bit. I don’t think coaches can be seen to reward those who don’t pull their weight just because they’ve got skills.

I’m not saying this applies to Ogden, I don’t know - but there has to be more to the story - I don’t buy the ‘Pay’s Pets’ theory.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
But is the issue purely ability?
Might be an attitude problem as well.
Putting in at training - the whole bit. I don’t think coaches can be seen to reward those who don’t pull their weight just because they’ve got skills.

I’m not saying this applies to Ogden, I don’t know - but there has to be more to the story - I don’t buy the ‘Pay’s Pets’ theory.
I think what the coaches and staff see at training every day is so important but is always overlooked on here

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is so bloody confusing

Cowboys have a player of tamalolo caliber on a huge contract yet sign Val on a huge contract

Manly have dce on a huge contract yet sign turbo and his bro on a huge contract

Roosters I don’t need to say

Knights have ponga, Pearce,klemmer

Jeez I could go on

Who do we have?

Foran and only this year his price tag went up to $900

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Cowboys have a player of tamalolo caliber on a huge contract yet sign Val on a huge contract

Jeez I could go on

Who do we have?

We have c Smith!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think what the coaches and staff see at training every day is so important but is always overlooked on here
Pay is not going to come out and snitch on a player deficiency to explain decisions to pick or not to pick that player...No coach does that !

Jeez I could go on

Who do we have?

In my opinion it's only fair the people in charge of recruitment get judged at the next election...Not now !

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Jeez I could go on

Who do we have?

Foz is on over a mill. Jackson, Napa and Tolman could also be on massive contracts. Someone like Elliott is reportedly on about 400k...who knows what some others are on and what this current board is paying with these contract extensions. It's also been hinted that we're not using TPA's or creative accounting...I doubt that but who knows.