Where to from here?

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s what fucking shits me, they didn’t learn from the des hasler mistake and they go and do it again why
Because they knew we were in for a shit year anyway and no decent coaches available so they went for certainty will settle the team approach only to find that pay doesn't have a clue

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Two words - Gus Gould! Call him on an SOS.... and pay him what he wants, let him blow the place up, and anyone who has issues with him at the club, tell them to shut up and enjoy the ride back to the top within 5 years.
Pay him as a coach coacher so pay can learn how to coach lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM has to come into the squad.. we desperately need second phase play .....

Im concerned it wont happen..

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Jackson leaves I am done. I wouldn't vote for the Andersons and would like Pay to leave.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Jackson leaves I am done. I wouldn't vote for the Andersons and would like Pay to leave.
Jackson has been amongst our worst performers this year .. he is is 3rd worst in our team for missed tackles.. CHN 1st (at least hes provding in attack) Elliot 2nd (no real surpises there) and then Jackson..

Also Rhyse Martin and Holland are also in the top 50 for missed tackles, but have made less missed tackles then the other 3.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's Jackson leaving isn't It ? I have heard this rumour 4 weeks ago
Yeah said it after the game the other day, The guy just doesn't look himself anymore. Looks like his sick of putting in 100% for nothing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm assuming his deal is back ended. As a pure guess I'm going to say 600-700k.
I think his on 600-650k atm... Wouldn't be surprised if it bumps up to 750-800k next yr. With a busted shoulder and considering his a lock at this club it may be the best move for all parties.

Locks are everywhere in the game these days and you can pick up some rippers for less than 500k... Think this is the direction the club is looking in if the murmurs are true.

Personally I'd throw some coin at Liam Martin out panthers way... looks a younger Jacko or see how Kalache goes before we make any moves.

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm assuming his deal is back ended. As a pure guess I'm going to say 600-700k.
The money hes on doesnt matter.. a Very good coach & very good players help attract other good players.. thats why we will struggle to attract any great players at the moment regardless of the cap space we have..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think his on 650k atm... Wouldn't be surprised if it bumps up to 750-800k next yr. With a couple of busted shoulders and no choice but to go to lock it may be the best move for all parties.

Locks are everywhere in the game these days and you can pick up some rippers for less than 500k... Think this is the direction the club is looking in.

I'd throw some coin at Liam Martin at the panthers way... looks a younger Jacko or see how Kalache goes before we make any moves.
Weve been bleeding experienced players for too long.. we need to hold onto our captain and actually build a team around him..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Weve been bleeding experienced players for too long.. we need to hold onto our captain and actually build a team around him..
I agree in principle but Jackson has been past his best for a few years now and doesn't stand out enough to warrant that sort of salary. Hopefully if he does stay then he lifts when we get better players around him but right now he's missing tackles and making errors more than a captain and semi recent Origin player should.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Jackson hits anywhere near $800k I am happy to see him go. But in saying that you need to start to bring in some experience. We need a marquee player at some stage. Then you will be able to attract players. At the moment we are talking rebuild but actually doing nothing. There doesn't seem to be a plan.

Previous administrations have always been very active in the market when we have had a bad season. We have now had 3 bad seasons (4 if you include that 2016 limp exit as well) and we are still buying journeymen and unwanted youngsters. If the guys running the club and the coach can't attract the top players then get someone else in that can.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson needs to be moved to lock.

On another note, Jackson is out of form but that will not last long.

A country kid, with a country mentality and heart and he will be back up in no time.

To all the flogs speculating on Jackson's salary and comparing his output to his salary, use need to be sat down on a kids IKEA chair, and slapped the fuck out of for 5 days straight.

The bloke has been putting in 100% since the first day he stepped into first grade. He is a calibre of player who does not turn to shit, yes he can be out of form, but form picks itself back up.

These same flogs who are shitting on Jackson, are the same flogs who are sucking Forans dick. Forans body has been done to death, so i do not wish to go there again , and argue forward and back.

We are in a really fucked up position until we start recruiting some top class players.

I am a firm believer of producing our own juniors, but that takes a hell lot of a time, and considering the club has just started putting back into it, we will not see the fruition for another 5 years.

We have youth and experience to start a rebuild, though as mentioned we really need to be aggressive and persistent with recruiting.

The board will be judged at the next election, and that will definitely come down to who and what they recruit for 2020 and not 2021. The salary cap pressure excuse has expired, because they lost and released alot of experience and good players, so much that we almost lost a whole starting 17 in a couple of years. Spin whatever shit you want, but that excuse has expired.

Dean Pay? I know people want to see us play like the Storm and Roosters, but obviously with the cattle we have, you are dreaming. Where we are on the table, is where our club is at the moment. imo Pay is not the coach we need at the moment and moving forward. He does not have the cattle, BUT, he does not have the man management skills and the mentality required for a modern day coach. Today's premadonas have to be dealt with differently, as old school just does not work.

Pay is not getting the best out of his players individually, due to his philosophy and lack of management. This can also come down to what is around him in terms of trainers and support staff, but in general it is all a big heap of shit

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is our Gallen he hung at the sharks through bad to good I hope Jackson rumours are just rumours

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson runs the same inside line every single time, its worth 200k and it sends me insane

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree in principle but Jackson has been past his best for a few years now and doesn't stand out enough to warrant that sort of salary. Hopefully if he does stay then he lifts when we get better players around him but right now he's missing tackles and making errors more than a captain and semi recent Origin player should.
The general principal should be .. dont let players go until you have better replacements..

Im not warm to letting Jackson go.. but at least only let Jackson go when we secure a better replacement..

At the moment Im not confident is us recruiting anyone of note..

Last edited: