Where to from here?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
People people people please we are in the middle of a rebuild………………………..the club has been totally honest and upfront about that and provided full disclosure on how our crap squad is eating up 95% of the salary cap.

The club is perusing a “youth policy” where it will bring up very high quality young players and sign them to longish term contracts but at a discount to market and their unrealized ability, so that we can lock in these starry eyed youngsters for a few good years and benefit big time.

We don’t want broken down fuckers like Josh Morris & Brett Morris stinking up the place, it’s youth, youth nothing but youth!

You ask how long “how long will be at the bottom” or “where to from here”, youth I say, youth will lead us to glory, that and an inexperienced coach and whole bunch of new staff (more sackings is always good for moral) will have the place humming like a well-oiled Ferrari soon, very soon maybe give it a bit of time as we have to youngest squad in the NRL…these things can take some time to gel.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
People people people please we are in the middle of a rebuild………………………..the club has been totally honest and upfront about that and provided full disclosure on how our crap squad is eating up 95% of the salary cap.

The club is perusing a “youth policy” where it will bring up very high quality young players and sign them to longish term contracts but at a discount to market and their unrealized ability, so that we can lock in these starry eyed youngsters for a few good years and benefit big time.
So then we develop a bunch of kids over a few years, then they cry they are underpaid and sign with the roosters.

Youth policies are stupid. You need the right mixture. Our squad currently are pretty much kids, youngest in the NRL, are you likinge our results? Nasheed.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So then we develop a bunch of kids over a few years, then they cry they are underpaid and sign with the roosters.

Youth policies are stupid. You need the right mixture. Our squad currently are pretty much kids, youngest in the NRL, are you likinge our results? Nasheed.
Maybe sarcasm isn't a thing with you?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
95% of the salary cap needs to be spent, we could have the worst team in the comp :astonished:, does not matter the club has to spend 95%.... meaning some of players are been paid overs, I mean way, way, way overs! Another NRL rule to make sure it’s an even competition (what a load of crap)..

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's get fair dinkum here. Anyone who thinks Jackson is worth $800k per season has got rocks in their head. Granted he has been our most consistent player the last few years but you are balancing your salary cap on future endeavours and not past glories.

Now, if he is on $500k odd most people would live with that. My suspicion is that he has a ratchet clause and his salary is way overs now. Therefore even though he has been great I think he is worn out. He has had to carry this side for a couple of years and he looks busted. If another club comes calling (and he is in fact on $800k) then the responsible thing would be to let him go and look for a marquee signing.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should of kept the team unchanged drop cogar for foran Napa in then decide from that game. But maybe there was a reason for those players being dropped.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Pay and Andersons but I'm starting to grow concern.
The fact that we didn't sign Seggy when we had Lichaa as our number 9 is simply diabolical and highlights the incompetence from all concerned.
He was a HUGE factor in taking out the premiers. We are in BIG trouble for years to come.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who is better than Jackson? Next question, who is better than Jackson and available?

Personally I've not been all that happy with Jackson's playing form since he was made captain. It looks to me like he suffers from the extra burden. Plus I'm not convinced he is the right person to be captain, he's just to honest and nice, he needs to get in the refs faces even if they are right and especially when they are wrong. He needs to tell the slackers that they are slacking. I know he lifts a team by his physical efforts, but a captain needs to be more than that.

Go Dogs
Jai Arrow, just gotta hold our cash and wait.