Opinion Would Lewis work at hooker?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Woah calm down! I’m sure we have a fullback or second rower we can convert into a mediocre hooker!! It’s not like hooker is a important position these days....
You lost me at us having a "fullback".

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always liked Siliva Havili from the Raiders, he rips in every week but is stuck behind Hodgson

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No - he’s doing a good job in the halves. Why mess things up. You don’t weaken one key position to try and strengthen another

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think your a bit to optimistic about Foran playing more than 3-4 games a year.
I think you're a bit pessimistic about Foran only playing 3-4 games a year. He played;
148 for Manly between 2009 and 2015 that's average 21 games per season.
9 for Parramatta in 2016, with most missed games due to personal issues not injury.
17 games for the Warriors in 2017.
16 games for us in 2018, a freak toe tendon injury which had nothing whatsoever to do with his previous injuries.
This injury again has absolutely nothing to do with any previous injury, so it's not like it's reoccurances of the same issues. It is also worth noting that he is in a good frame of mind, which has not always been the case. With the big bonus that he had his first full uninterrupted preseason since 2015 and as a result is in far better condition physically to recover.

I'm optimistic that this year he can play 19 games for us (do the maths) ;)
Go Dogs

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, and then he got told he should be playing fullback and to concentrate on that.

Go Dogs
Were you there? Point was he came up through the grades as a hooker not a fullback. So it’s not as if he was a converted fullback like you were implying

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were you there? Point was he came up through the grades as a hooker not a fullback. So it’s not as if he was a converted fullback like you were implying
I watched a fair bit of Cook at Helensburgh and the Dragons. He played all over the place but played more hooker then anything else....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm that's a good point.

Just looked at all the NRL hookers and strangely the best of the lot (Cameron Smith), is also the largest of all hookers at 185cm and 90 kgs.

Lewis is listed at 190cm and 90kgs.

That said most are 170-185cm and packing 80-90kgs.

Cogger by comparison is 173cm and 83kgs, JMK 183cm/83kgs, Lichaa 183cm/90kgs.
mmm lichaa is 183cm tall ........didnt know you could stack shit that high lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
no. I think he will go to lock later on in his career

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still prefer jmk at 9 for the time being, but cogger or Lewis could play there however... just need to have the best we got at 9 at the moment!
Like jmk at hooker Scoooby, he should stay there getting better every game. Lewis needs as many games as possible where he is needs to take control

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like jmk at hooker Scoooby, he should stay there getting better every game. Lewis needs as many games as possible where he is needs to take control
I predicted a while ago that Lewis and Coggar will be the dogs next comp winning halves.. We will see how far off I am this weekend against a team most likely to be their in the next few years.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I predicted a while ago that Lewis and Coggar will be the dogs next comp winning halves.. We will see how far off I am this weekend against a team most likely to be their in the next few years.
I would agree with you there. I hope they get plenty of games together the more the better for both

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing that worries me about them as a combo is they are both similar players with the same strengths in attack. It will be interesting to see what happens on Sunday.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis needs to add a running dimension to his game and be moved back to 6.

I see Cogger as a pure halfback.