Sack Dean Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone said on here the other day that they spoke to a former player and they said our training was really off the pace and used old methods compared to other clubs. It looks like it’s on the mark.
Basics... Players probably felt insulted.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Even when Des came in he knew he needed a right edge, so he went a bought one asap which helped us into the GF. Pay went and bought young prospects who are currently reserve graders.
What Id give for a fit Inu and Lafai centre pairing right now

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a bloke like Brian Smith or hate to say it hook to come on rebuild us pay game plan ain’t working similar to haslers when other teams have the ball I worry they score don’t have the same feeling for us unfortunately

Or left field bring jimmy Damocles back wasn’t scared to drop Morris and other when he was lacking form knows the club Hasler restricted his thinking
Hook is a very good coach IMO but hook would need a couple of seasons to turn things around.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would take Griffin but hard to see any experienced coaches willing to coach at the mess of a club that Canterbury is rn
Griffin would come in a heartbeat we need a hard coach like him

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay has put together a bunch of park footballers. Eels and tigers have formed a very competitive no frills team. The difference is the coach.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching the Tigers, Madge is doing a great job. Benji, Farrah firing and these no name forwards punching it out against the pack of Warriors?
A big Hmmmmm
And we get the Tigers next.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like any support Pay has gone is eroding quickly. Many of us were saying last year that Pay looked out of his depth. His big successes last year were by accident not design. Smith, Lewis and Martin were picked because of injury only.
I don’t know what our cap position is this year but they need to start spending for next year

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just sign two bloody centres!! I don't care how much they cost... I can't sit though watching another 24 rounds of our edge defense. We have no one in our 30 man squad that can address the problem. Release Martin and sign someone..

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hate to say it but maybe it’s time go after Flanagan, at least he will do whatever it takes to win. Sick of watching this shit, any team with Montoya and Holland as centres are no chance. The team is just completely underdone, by far the worst in the NRL. Yeah we looked good for the first 30 but then the fitness came back to bite us on the ass, just look at Jackson, I’ve never seen him look so poor and slow. This comes back to Pay and only playing 1 trial and the main team only playing for 40 minutes, He just hasn’t learnt from the same mistake last year. How Elliott is in the team and Rhyse Martin isn’t I will never know.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
I just watched the press conference, he doesn’t even seem dirty in the result. Where’s the passion? Where is the disappointment, where’s the embarrassment?

He needs a wake up call, someone higher up needs to, at the very least, make it clear this isn’t an acceptable way to react after 2 humiliating losses. Telling the fans to have patience isn’t good enough. Most fans weren’t expecting finals this year, but we also weren’t expecting performances as pathetic as what we have dished up. I certainly wasn’t expecting the coach to seem unfazed by these results. It needs to be addressed now.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the Snoz...Laurie Daley new coach

Status
Not open for further replies.