Sack Dean Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the Snoz...Laurie Daley new coach
Didn’t think of the Snoz as an option. He has experience in regards to rep sides but none for actual first grade NRL, so not sure about that one....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And to think a few weeks ago some people were clamouring for the club to lock up Pay long term as soon as possible....

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's no question about it he needs to go right fucking now!!! Blokes got no fucking idea

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol call for his head since before r10 last year but that was mean coz he didn’t have enough time. But now coz he’s completely fucked is it is ok to sack him. You don’t always need to give someone a chance when there wasn’t any potential there in the first place. I went to the game today against my better judgement and it was just disgusting, supporters leaving with 30 mins to go? To the higher ups at the bulldogs see this shit? Pay has to fuck off

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we could sack a real bulldog person in Kevin Moore we can sack dean pay.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The current management did not even appoint pay as coach so they are well within their rights to sack just pay him out I'm sure hes not on a lot of money cause hes a rookie coach

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hook is a very good coach IMO but hook would need a couple of seasons to turn things around.
Brian Smith??!! No no no no no no no no no! He mind fd plenty of players! We thought axes was bad?! Brian Smith would be even worse!! Chris Anderson needs to be a coaching director with Pay. As I said on another post. We are like the Knights after Tinkler and Bennett and we are a rabble it will take probably 3-4 years to get a decent squad to compete! It’s hard I know! We have one of the youngest squads in the NRL and aren’t really attractive to established stars plus have wasted money on dud byes and silly back ended contracts

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brian Smith??!! No no no no no no no no no! He mind fd plenty of players! We thought axes was bad?! Brian Smith would be even worse!! Chris Anderson needs to be a coaching director with Pay. As I said on another post. We are like the Knights after Tinkler and Bennett and we are a rabble it will take probably 3-4 years to get a decent squad to compete! It’s hard I know! We have one of the youngest squads in the NRL and aren’t really attractive to established stars plus have wasted money on dud byes and silly back ended contracts
The Knights atleast showed more passion and commitment when they were getting belted and beaten week in week out. Dogs don't even look interested once we are behind.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Pay as he inherited a real shit sandwich which only got worse. Remember it wasn't him who signed Foran. Wasn't him that lost Woods, Mbye, Morris brothers, Klemmer. I thought we should have maybe gone with Michael Maguire but after Des everyone wanted a former Bulldog and Pay was the best of the bunch. I thought maybe we should have signed Maguire as an assistant coach to help Pay even although Magure mightn't have accepted that. Pay just comes across as not too bright and I very much doubt he would be a master at an y type of real game plan. Don't like his team selections or use of the bench. Pay deserved a better start to his career but we deserve a better start also with a top "experienced" coach (except Hasler of course) only thing is where is a good coach available ?

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By the way Pay speaks he is aleady re signed or told he won't be. He does not seem like a guy who is fighting to retain his job.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I could cop losing if we looked like winning and were competitive. Parra couldn’t have played worse in the first 20. Once they woke up, we were blown off the park -- again.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By the way Pay speaks he is aleady re signed or told he won't be. He does not seem like a guy who is fighting to retain his job.
Pay wont be re-signed and there will be another player released before his contract expires

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you guys should extend him for 5 years minimum. :grinning:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to ask why at 10 nil up and with 70% of possession did Pay make three changes at once? We had plenty of gas in the tank and in control of the game. The moment these changes were made we lost momentum and rhythm, we looked lost. It was a coaches mistake and I put blame on Pay AND the players for this loss.
BTW, I have been a Pay supporter as coach.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Pay is wasting his time recruiting duds.

He grabbed Cogger and Meaney and those signings were unconvincing even last year. But leave that to one side.

We actually need a broom through the place. The side we let go in the past 2 years is formidable compared to the garbage we have at the moment. The only players I would consider keeping out of the current squad are Martin, Lewis and R Smith. We are probably stuck with Napa, CHN and JJ anyway as they are on long term deals.

We have to raid another side’s offcontract players and pick up some quality much like we did in 2008/2009. Our leadership is weak so bringing in talented juniors won’t help unless you bring in A or B class players.

Our centres are crap. They don’t bust tackles and defend like the Greenacre Goblins.

Our 1,3,4,6,9 are the weakest in the competition. We can carry some B graders and even C graders but not in the current squad. Its so bad compared to other teams.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Brian Smith is goooone.. I’m talking Hook Griffin. Thought he did well with both the Broncs and Penrith squads before he got hooked

Status
Not open for further replies.