Official Bulldogs vs Raiders NRL Trial - Sat 23rd Feb - Discussion Thread

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not looking too much into the 2nd half as Deano tried to see what he could rely on down the track.
We gave them a hiding in the 1st half when both teams were at full strength.
In saying that, whoever signed on with Classic Sportswear and chose that strip to wear, should be tortured and shot so they can be put out of their misery!!
We look like a bunch of yobbos who found their clothes in a Smith Family dumpster....how embarrassing!!!!!
Everyones shorts looked like they were 5XL....I thought they were going to fall off and end up around their knees....FFS!!
What was embarrassing was the placement of the goal post in front of the "Roosters" sign.

haytchcbb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. ?
5. CC
6.Foz
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Nappa
11. Jacko
12. RFM
13. Elliot

14. Sue
15. Chris Smith
16. Martin
17. CHN

Fill in those blank question marks and you have yourself a real competitive team
[emoji106]

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact is.... when we had more of our first graders on the field, bar one try, it was one way traffic... we rolled up field all first half and were in complete control. I know it's only a trial, but I think we've got a lot to look forward to this season

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Overall, I'm disappointed we lost, but our first half was fantastic! The ref killed us in the second half, and with so many changes its expected that cohesion will be off.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First half was the real indicator for me. Canberra kept pretty much there first grade side Second half and we had 70-80% players changed to cup players. Yea we should have held the lead but that first half gives me a lot of hope. Boys look hungry....

Also would love to mention the commentary was so biased and disgusting it was very hard to listen to. If you listened to them it felt like only Canberra were playing today.

Another note last try was knocked forward and they did very well to fake that he scored. Was a no try every day of the week and let’s not mention the forward pass leading to it also.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ha, it's funny reading all of your comments. First half we've won the premiership then second half we're getting the wooden spoon.

Reality is that it's a trial game. Just a hit out. Glad the boys played so well in the first half, and I think that's what we should be looking at. Plenty of positives from the sound of it

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Watched from about 11 minutes in.

We dominated first half. Even till 55th minute we looked fairly slick. Noticed Foran missing.

Lewis stood out again.

Hoppa has to be fullback. Not that Meaney really got a chance to show with ball with about a 20 penalty Count against him.

Just hoppa was class.

Foran and Lewis is halves and both looked very very sharp.

Crichton smith and holland locked in not sure who else in back. Montoya looked average at best though no one else stood out at all for the last spot in backs. We need shopping here.

Pack is in my head tolman Napa Jackson rfm Elliott. Sue chn locked on bench and I’d say smith and Ogden are next cabs. Martin had a pretty shit game though we know what he has?

Lichaa didn’t stand up for me and jmk was ok.

Sadly Renouf didn’t stand up either for my perspective.

A list of others don’t belong in first grade.

Refs are a joke again. Woeful to be honest, I think it would of been close to 15 straight penalties and the final try was dropped cold [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My team for round one

1. Hoppa (best quick hands in the game)
2. Smith
3. Dutchy
4. CHN
5. Crighton
6. Foz
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Big Papa
11. JJ
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. Fualolo
16. Sue
17. Ofa

18. Smith

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ha, it's funny reading all of your comments. First half we've won the premiership then second half we're getting the wooden spoon.
I don't think anyone's been saying that. We had a second string team in the second half that really struggled. A lot of those players are a long way from playing first grade.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Forgot fualao he looked solid and would be fighting it out with smith and Ogden for last 2 spots for me.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched from about 11 minutes in.

We dominated first half. Even till 55th minute we looked fairly slick. Noticed Foran missing.

Lewis stood out again.

Hoppa has to be fullback. Not that Meaney really got a chance to show with ball with about a 20 penalty Count against him.

Just hoppa was class.

Foran and Lewis is halves and both looked very very sharp.

Crichton smith and holland locked in not sure who else in back. Montoya looked average at best though no one else stood out at all for the last spot in backs. We need shopping here.

Pack is in my head tolman Napa Jackson rfm Elliott. Sue chn locked on bench and I’d say smith and Ogden are next cabs. Martin had a pretty shit game though we know what he has?

Lichaa didn’t stand up for me and jmk was ok.

Sadly Renouf didn’t stand up either for my perspective.

A list of others don’t belong in first grade.

Refs are a joke again. Woeful to be honest, I think it would of been close to 15 straight penalties and the final try was dropped cold [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I am excited again, but the f...n Refs, can't get even a trial game right FFS

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Raiders were at full strength in the second half, and had the penalties flowing their way all through the game for easy metres. It wasn't until we were down to 12 men that their experience and the weight of possession got them over. Even then, the last try was a joke. Nothing went our way in the eyes of the officials.

Overall, I'm impressed with the way we went about our defence and attack. If we'd had 80% of the ball, and a Raiders player binned, the score would have reached 50.
Nothing to be too concerned about. The team showed some promise. Our biggest problem this year will be the officials. Same as always.

Spot on Chris. The Muppet with the grey hair, John Stone, has been our referee on many occasions in Intrust and has always punished us.......just like today.
Last try..well Stevie Wonder could have seen that the ball was dropped. I don't have twenty twenty vision and I picked it...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What I saw today.
Foz is still the best half at the club, and is looking good. If we’re any chance this year, it’ll be on his back.
Prince carrying form from last season.
Team playing fast and looking fit.
Meanys gonna be ok.
Hoppa is deadly at center.
Okinbour is proof you need to be more than just tall to play wing.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First half was the real indicator for me. Canberra kept pretty much there first grade side Second half and we had 70-80% players changed to cup players. Yea we should have held the lead but that first half gives me a lot of hope. Boys look hungry....

Also would love to mention the commentary was so biased and disgusting it was very hard to listen to. If you listened to them it felt like only Canberra were playing today.

Another note last try was knocked forward and they did very well to fake that he scored. Was a no try every day of the week and let’s not mention the forward pass leading to it also.
Well Rapana and Tongue were the " guest commentators"