News ‘Dean’s been a real visionary’: Bulldogs set to play new brand of footy

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m sure he just means, they’ve been given free reign to “play what they see” when opportunities arise.
They’ll have a defensive structure and an offensive structure, like every team in the NRL has.
So long as it’s not “tolman on the 4th”, I’m willing to give it a go.
Exactly right

I have nothing further to add
You said everything I wanted to say here

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When the good teams talk about structure, they mainly refer to defence.
When attacking, the "ad lib" style of footy kicks in. I am certain that is what Lachie Lewis is talking about.
It is also what Dean Pay has been preaching to his players. Just hope the skills coach and Dean get it right.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Two months seems steep lol. What's evs
It does on face value, but when you have 20 (yes twenty) prior warnings on your account for behaviour (3 of those previous are in the last 6 months), clearly the message isn't getting through.

He's had more than enough chances and been spoken to many times without official warnings to change his tune. Clearly falling on deaf ears because he's okay for a little while before reverting to negative and aggressive / abusive posting towards members that have differences of opinion.

When warnings fall on deaf ears, action is required. Another moderator did the ban, but it was agreed upon by a few.

If he returns and continues the same rubbish it'll be a 6 month ban, followed by a year or perma.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the good teams talk about structure, they mainly refer to defence.
When attacking, the "ad lib" style of footy kicks in. I am certain that is what Lachie Lewis is talking about.
It is also what Dean Pay has been preaching to his players. Just hope the skills coach and Dean get it right.
I'm expecting a lot more short passing through the ruck which will be exciting if we pull it off.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You won't have to worry about Nabsolutely Fabulous for the few months as he's just copped a 2 month ban.
Lol... TK at its best.

Are there any grounds for appeal? As annoying as he can be sometimes the fcuker is entertaining and he may have a little bit of knowledge to boot with it. Maybe his good for TK, well atleast for the start of the season.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol... TK at its best.

Are there any grounds for appeal? As annoying as he can be sometimes the fcuker is entertaining and he may have a little bit of knowledge to boot with it. Maybe his good for TK, well atleast for the start of the season.
You need differing points of view on here to be honest it makes the place more interesting.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It does on face value, but when you have 20 (yes twenty) prior warnings on your account for behaviour (3 of those previous are in the last 6 months), clearly the message isn't getting through.

He's had more than enough chances and been spoken to many times without official warnings to change his tune. Clearly falling on deaf ears because he's okay for a little while before reverting to negative and aggressive / abusive posting towards members that have differences of opinion.

When warnings fall on deaf ears, action is required. Another moderator did the ban, but it was agreed upon by a few.

If he returns and continues the same rubbish it'll be a 6 month ban, followed by a year or perma.
Fair enough lol.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get it though if he's abusing people but from what I've seen it's more abusive language in general , not to anyone in particular. If I'm wrong sweet as.

Lesh go Foz!!!!!!!!!!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You need differing points of view on here to be honest it makes the place more interesting.
Differing points of view are fine but the same shit rammed down everyone's throat in every single thread with his holier than thou approach is seriously tiresome. We get it Nabs - you don't rate Pay.

The way he's carried on in this thread is a prime example, he'd have everyone believe that Pay is gonna have them playing gridiron in Round 1.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lol... TK at its best. Are there any grounds for appeal? As annoying as he can be sometimes the fcuker is entertaining and he may have a little bit of knowledge to boot with it. Maybe his good for TK, well atleast for the start of the season.
Grounds for appeal, generally not (or generally not required). Users can technically make a moderation complaint and that will then get passed up the chain to Site Administrators (financial owners/backers, and coders/server owners), but most often trust is put in moderators to make the right call. These days most actions against a user are taken in consultancy with several site moderators in agreeance.

With that said:
On shorter bans you are "Sin Binned", which means you can still PM, you just can't post in threads.
On longer bans though, you are "Sin Binned" as well as "Banned", meaning you have no forum access at all and can only view as a guest.

We also have the ability to Lifetime Ban with / without appeal.

Moderators have held several conversations over the past 6 months about Nab Fabs approach towards posting and despite warnings and previous bans it fell on deaf ears. You can only warn someone so much before action needs to be taken.

His manner of posting is that someone offers an opinion. That opinion differs so he'll argue and disrupt a thread, forcing his opinion on others. When a disagreeance in opinion continues, he then becomes abusive at fellow users. That then develops into a flamewar/shitfight, and mods then need to spend lengthy periods cleaning up (or reconstructing) a thread. Then there's beating a dead horse (no offence @Horse) with the same comment all the time (anti Foran, anti Pay). In the 2018 season it was anti another player. Before that it was anti another player.

It gets tiresome. If you hate the players and hate the club so much, why are you even here!?!

He needs to accept others opinions (we've told him that before), and not to aggressively react to differences of opinion.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It gets tiresome. If you hate the players and hate the club so much, why are you even here!?!

He needs to accept others opinions (we've told him that before), and not to aggressively react to differences of opinion.
I think that sums it up nicely.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I think that sums it up nicely.
Yes I feel sorry for the bloke.

But I feel more sorry for the people he abuses and the players he demonizes.

The guy has self-admittedly never played the game but he does have a surprisingly good intuition on most things but severely overrates or underrates certain attributes of players and team play style.

Anyway whats done is done and I for one am looking forward to starting this season off with confidence that there is a lot less negativity towards Pay and the players.
Because you know atleast some of them read this shit and I hope to high heavens that we, as the most overopinionated and vocal online NRL fanbase are not an overall negative factor in the few (if any) Dogs players we affect.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get it though if he's abusing people but from what I've seen it's more abusive language in general , not to anyone in particular. If I'm wrong sweet as.

Lesh go Foz!!!!!!!!!!
He said this in reply to Phalangist making quite a reasonable argument:

“Turn it up, nothing but fucking low quality dribble... Any mention of structure has you ***** flipping out with your "Hur durr desball" garbage. What a fucking weak, stupid argument. Typical Kennel trash.”

I’m sure if he didn’t lash out like this he wouldn’t be in the Sin Bin.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes I feel sorry for the bloke.

But I feel more sorry for the people he abuses and the players he demonizes.

The guy has self-admittedly never played the game but he does have a surprisingly good intuition on most things but severely overrates or underrates certain attributes of players and team play style.

Anyway whats done is done and I for one am looking forward to starting this season off with confidence that there is a lot less negativity towards Pay and the players.
Because you know atleast some of them read this shit and I hope to high heavens that we, as the most overopinionated and vocal online NRL fanbase are not an overall negative factor in the few (if any) Dogs players we affect.
The fact he hasn’t played the game should give the bloke some humility. It’s also why he doesn’t comprehend why a coach, person and former hard man like Pay is someone that players simply love playing for.