Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A derby is a derby no doubt, and the way the spending one will play ( park the bus and close all spaces) can cause us problems .
Nothing an early goal for us won’t fix though. I’d like to see us score early which will force them to open up.
These days though the spending one has Man Utd playing a slow build up game
It all really depends on Klopp if I'm honest, and whether we come through Napoli unscathed. Ideally Kieta starts against Man U as he would be able to put their midfield more on the backfoot, though Klopp has had a tendancy for going with a more 'trusted' midfield unit for big games ie. Milner, Henderson, Gini, and that'd play into MAn U's hands imo. But with Milner most likely playing right back against Man U I'd 100% expect Kieta to be starting and I'd also think Fabinho could be there too? If those two are playing, plus our usual front 3 I would expect us to give it to Man U if I'm entirely honest.

We'll see. Glad it's at home.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manure wont be able to match our pace. Anything less then 15 points is a fail

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manure wont be able to match our pace. Anything less then 15 points is a fail
Recently Klopp gave an interview talking about how teams have learnt from last year, and sit A LOT deeper than in the past against us. They've learnt to give us very very little space in behind, and in their 3rd which means our attackers don't have the room to run in anymore.

We do have pace, but they'll be too low for us to exploit it. They'll be set up in a way to stop any chance of our counter attacks. I don't think pace will come into it personally.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Recently Klopp gave an interview talking about how teams have learnt from last year, and sit A LOT deeper than in the past against us. They've learnt to give us very very little space in behind, and in their 3rd which means our attackers don't have the room to run in anymore.

We do have pace, but they'll be too low for us to exploit it. They'll be set up in a way to stop any chance of our counter attacks. I don't think pace will come into it personally.
Dont get me wrong, i think itll be one of the most difficult games for us. But once the opportunity presents itself, we'll burn them

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha
Yeah, I was only half joking though mate. Playing Manure on Saturday and you're suggesting Klopp would pick the drug taking cheat in Ferninand and the alco Best .... have a word

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I was only half joking though mate. Playing Manure on Saturday and you're suggesting Klopp would pick the drug taking cheat in Ferninand and the alco Best .... have a word
Its more stating that regardless of all the players in history, klopp would still play milner hendo and gini

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Robertson Carlos already plays for us tbh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Damn right he does. Though I remember Flannagan was named as the Cafu of Liverpool and that didn't really last ... :grinning:
Lets not speak of him lol. Anway Gomez just signed a new deal that keeps him here until 2024 :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lets not speak of him lol. Anway Gomez just signed a new deal that keeps him here until 2024 :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
Haha actually didn't mind him for a while there. His goal against Spurs was a definite highlight, but unfortunately he didn't live up to expectations. Lost all respect for him after him hitting that bird ...

Gomez outshone Van Dijk in a number of games with his composure on and off the ball. Love how fast he is , apparently he's THE fastest in the club believe it or not. Love him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha actually didn't mind him for a while there. His goal against Spurs was a definite highlight, but unfortunately he didn't live up to expectations. Lost all respect for him after him hitting that bird ...

Gomez outshone Van Dijk in a number of games with his composure on and off the ball. Love how fast he is , apparently he's THE fastest in the club believe it or not. Love him
All i remember is him destroying people in tackles lol. Gomez is honestly just too good for his age, blokes on track to be one the best defenders in the world as long as injuries don't hold him back. Playing alongside VVD has been massive for his development.