Movie Discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know that much :laughing: Just curious as to how you come across those titles :grinning:
Recommendations, reading a lot of time wasting articles online whilst on the crapper, etc.
I'm always on the lookout for small, indie obscure and just plain fucking weird movies, some are real gems, most are rubbish

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Recommendations, reading a lot of time wasting articles online whilst on the crapper, etc.
I'm always on the lookout for small, indie obscure and just plain fucking weird movies, some are real gems, most are rubbish

Cartman: No dude, independent films are those black and white hippie movies. They're always about gay cowboys eating pudding.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Based on the incredible true story of a group of wealthy boys from LA in the 80's, who established a get-rich-quick scam that turns deadly.

Good story and great acting found the screen play a bit weak but certainly better than what the critics are saying. Plus I don't care if Kevin spacey is a perv or whatever he's still one of my favourite actors and needs more screen time!

7/10

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 8331
Based on the incredible true story of a group of wealthy boys from LA in the 80's, who established a get-rich-quick scam that turns deadly.

Good story and great acting found the screen play a bit weak but certainly better than what the critics are saying. Plus I don't care if Kevin spacey is a perv or whatever he's still one of my favourite actors and needs more screen time!

7/10
Lol apparently first whamen queen president in house of cards didn’t go according to plan lol.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol apparently first whamen queen president in house of cards didn’t go according to plan lol.
Nope, it has not.

House of cards was great, primarily because of spacey's character and the way he interacted with everyone, there is no show without Frank Underwood. Another dumb move from Netflix

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (5).jpeg

A brilliant advertising executive develops a creative block and then grows a boil on his neck that develops into a second, talking head that takes him over.

Watched this awhile back and keep thinking about it. Anyone looking for a good comedy, should check it out

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Watch it full screen in 1080p.

The attention to detail in these modern animation films they are doing (since Disney accquired Pixar) is beyond jaw dropping.

@Wahesh @ASSASSIN @south of heaven @Hacky McAxe you'll appreciate this.

Have a go at the fur, how it moves, how the various shadows bounce off in various directions, or how the light reflects in different ways.

Even if I don't agree with remaking cartoon movies like this and Dumbo in a lifelike fashion (I wasn't sold on Christopher Robin at first either), I can totally appreciate the attention to detail and animation skills that are going into these new movies.

Absolutely amazing.

Seriously imagine when this film comes out, seeing it in 4K with Dolby ATMOS!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
View attachment 8331

7/10
Trust that gay pedo being involved in a movie with boys in the title lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

The attention to detail in these modern animation films they are doing (since Disney accquired Pixar) is beyond jaw dropping.

Have a go at the fur, how it moves, how the various shadows bounce off in various directions, or how the light reflects in different ways.

Even if I don't agree with remaking cartoon movies like this and Dumbo in a lifelike fashion (I wasn't sold on Christopher Robin at first either), I can totally appreciate the attention to detail and animation skills that are going into these new movies.

Absolutely amazing.

I can't fkn wait man, my kids are going to lose it.

PS my boy decided that he is Simba, I'm Mufassa and KE is Scar lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 8331

7/10
I'm a fan of Egerton due to his role in Kingsman, so I'm interested in seeing how he goes outside the area of no CGI.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Absolutely amazing.

Looks good and I'll definitely see it at the flicks. The only problem I have with a movie like this is that if it does not play out exactly the same way as the cartoon, I'll be pissed off.

Also no doubt that prime time will result in the cinema being filled with little kiddies talking and carrying on, so I'll need to see the late session.

But that scene from Pride Rock looked epic. It's unbelievable how good they did that part.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Absolutely amazing.

Pfft..it’s supposed to be a ‘live’ version..all I see is CGI..I ain’t feeling any love tonight..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks good and I'll definitely see it at the flicks. The only problem I have with a movie like this is that if it does not play out exactly the same way as the cartoon, I'll be pissed off.

Also no doubt that prime time will result in the cinema being filled with little kiddies talking and carrying on, so I'll need to see the late session.

But that scene from Pride Rock looked epic. It's unbelievable how good they did that part.
Meh..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I got that scene from scary movie stuck in my head

Doofy:I forgot to swallow
Gail: well don't worry, I never forget

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Absolutely amazing.

images (9).jpeg

Will it be on VHS for people who rent?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well. Let’s see if Hollywood takes the same route as British movie place by stopping funding to movie creators who have villains with scars on their faces lol.