Movie Discussion

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Watch it full screen in 1080p.

The attention to detail in these modern animation films they are doing (since Disney accquired Pixar) is beyond jaw dropping.

@Wahesh @ASSASSIN @south of heaven @Hacky McAxe you'll appreciate this.

Have a go at the fur, how it moves, how the various shadows bounce off in various directions, or how the light reflects in different ways.

Even if I don't agree with remaking cartoon movies like this and Dumbo in a lifelike fashion (I wasn't sold on Christopher Robin at first either), I can totally appreciate the attention to detail and animation skills that are going into these new movies.

Absolutely amazing.

Seriously imagine when this film comes out, seeing it in 4K with Dolby ATMOS!
It looks like scar won’t be called scar in this film nor will he have a scar as it will offend and discriminate against people kind with scars along with lions.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well. Let’s see if Hollywood takes the same route as British movie place by stopping funding to movie creators who have villains with scars on their faces lol.
Remake Scarface!

I don't even need a script, I know every word.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Creed 2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6343314/

Takes place immediately after the first one. It's a great movie and takes place over the space of about a year. **SPOILERS** It starts with a rematch of the match of the first loss we saw Adonis suffer in Creed which resulted in him losing his Mustang. Except this time he wins his Mustang back and with it, wins the world title. He then proposes to his girlfriend and she accepts. Then he gets challenged for the world title by the son of Ivan Drago, Viktor. Rocky pleads with Adonis not to accept the match and believes he cannot win. Adonis and Rocky then go their separate ways. Viktor loses via DQ, however everyone says he was the better fighter by far - which was equally impressive considering it was held in the L.A. Fast forward and Adonis reconciles with his estranged step-mother and his fiance has a baby and moves back to L.A. Adonis then undergoes a gruel training program after getting back together with Rocky for the rematch to be held in Russia.

I won't ruin the ending, but this was just as good as the original and a great way to end the Rocky series.

8/10.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (5).jpeg

A phony cult leader (Dave Foley) hires a jobless trailer-park denizen (Zack Ward) to help him carry out his plot to save his compound from closure. Meanwhile, Osama bin Laden and his minions plan to lace copies of a popular cartoon character with biological agents.

I wasn't expecting anything at all from this seeing Uwe Boll directed it and I once said the guy couldn't make a decent movie to save his German bratwurst, I was wrong. It may not be clever, well written or acted but it's fucking funny and I loved it, anyone who isn't easily offended and loves crass humour, this movie is for you.

8/10

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 8384
A phony cult leader (Dave Foley) hires a jobless trailer-park denizen (Zack Ward) to help him carry out his plot to save his compound from closure. Meanwhile, Osama bin Laden and his minions plan to lace copies of a popular cartoon character with biological agents.

I wasn't expecting anything at all from this seeing Use Boll directed it and I once said the guy couldn't make a decent movie to save his German bratwurst, I was wrong. It may not be clever, well written or acted but it's fucking funny and I loved it, anyone who isn't easily offended and loves crass humour, this movie is for you.

8/10
It's literally the only good video game movie Uwe Boll ever made but it's one of my favourite because it's bloody ridiculous and captures the ridiculousness of the game perfectly.

I especially love that Uwe Boll took the piss out of himself in the movie in a tribute to a scene in the game where angry families attack the video game company.

"what's the difference between a duck...."

Wahesh

Reaction score
Back to the Future Part II

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096874/

After visiting 2015, Marty McFly must repeat his visit to 1955 to prevent disastrous changes to 1985...without interfering with his first trip.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, it's unlikely you ever will, or if I need to explain anymore of this movie to you, you're dead to me.

9/10

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

A Manhattan drug dealer with a wealthy clientele, John LeTour (Willem Dafoe) reevaluates both his trade and his life after discovering that his supplier, Ann (Susan Sarandon), is planning on quitting the business. When John runs into his old flame Marianne (Dana Delany), he sees reconnecting with her as a way to change for the better, but she is reluctant to rekindle the romance. Complicating John's life further is a series of drug-related murders that has the police pegging him as a suspect

Fantastic performance from Willem Defoe topped with astute direction from Paul Schrader makes this a very effective drama. The only problem is the soundtrack, the entire score was dead average imo but the movie is great. Highly recommended.

8/10

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 8431

A Manhattan drug dealer with a wealthy clientele, John LeTour (Willem Dafoe) reevaluates both his trade and his life after discovering that his supplier, Ann (Susan Sarandon), is planning on quitting the business. When John runs into his old flame Marianne (Dana Delany), he sees reconnecting with her as a way to change for the better, but she is reluctant to rekindle the romance. Complicating John's life further is a series of drug-related murders that has the police pegging him as a suspect

Fantastic performance from Willem Defoe topped with astute direction from Paul Schrader makes this a very effective drama. The only problem is the soundtrack, the entire score was l dead average but the movie is great. Highly recommended.

8/10
It says that David Spade is in this movie too. Does he play the dork he plays in other movies & shows or is it more serious?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It says that David Spade is in this movie too. Does he play the dork he plays in other movies & shows or is it more serious?
He's literally in it for around one minute. So the perfect amount of screen time for him

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (5).jpeg

From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home. The universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and an evolutionary biologist can prevent the end of the human race

As a huge predator and Shane Black fan, I was really looking forward to this one. To think this was the end result, I can't help but think WTF happened?

There are a host of problems with this movie, too many to keep track of, it felt like it was written by a college frat boy, and shot over a long weekend, very disappointing.

4/10

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 8450

From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home. The universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and an evolutionary biologist can prevent the end of the human race

As a huge predator and Shane Black fan, I was really looking forward to this one. To think this was the end result, I can't help but think WTF happened?

There are a host of problems with this movie, too many to keep track of, it felt like it was written by a college frat boy, and shot over a long weekend, very disappointing.

4/10
Haven't watched this yet but I'm fully expecting disappointment. They just keep trying and they just keep getting worse each time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bean

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118689/?ref_=nv_sr_5

The bumbling Mr. Bean travels to America when he is given the responsibility of bringing the highly valuable painting, Whistler's Mother, home to a Los Angeles museum. Everywhere Mr Bean travels, disaster is shortly behind. Only Bean can turn a simple sneeze into something that renders a $50,000,000 painting useless.

I originally saw this in the cinemas over 20 years ago. Funny at times, and it was only until I re-warched it yesterday on a lazy Netflix Sunday afternoon that I realised the legendary Burt Reynolds was in this film. Not bad for a weekend flick.

6½/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 8450

4/10
Well I might avoid it then if that's the case. The original Predator was a gem, all-star cast and what have you. It just hasn't been the same since.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yo @The_Chimpster I wouldn't mind hearing your take on movie The Assignment. It wasn't a big budget movie, only $5,000,000, however it got some recognisable names in it - Michelle Rodriguez, Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shalhoub, even our own Anthony LaPaglia. What do you say?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yo @The_Chimpster I wouldn't mind hearing your take on movie The Assignment. It wasn't a big budget movie, only $5,000,000, however it got some recognisable names in it - Michelle Rodriguez, Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shalhoub, even our own Anthony LaPaglia. What do you say?
It looks like the perfect movie to watch when you can't sleep. Very C grade, but I'll still check it out seeing I'll watch anything

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
did anyone watch free willy and think the kid was an asshole?

he made willy's jump so much more difficult because now willy not only has to clear the rocks but he also has to jump over the kid

stop being a showpony and dont take credit away from willy ffs

Wahesh

Reaction score
did anyone watch free willy and think the kid was an asshole?

he made willy's jump so much more difficult because now willy not only has to clear the rocks but he also has to jump over the kid

stop being a showpony and dont take credit away from willy ffs
Yeah... if he had to jump over the rocks I don't think jumping over the kid was going to be problem considering the kid was on the rocks.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Jack Reacher

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/

A homicide investigator digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims. After the shooting, the sniper is caught, and requests one person - Jack Reacher, to clear his now. However before the mysterious Reacher makes an appearance, in prison, the is sniper is beaten to a pulp very badly, that he falls into a coma.

Reacher begins to dig deep into the case and believes the sniper may be innocent after all and may have been framed for the shooting even though every bit of evidence points to him.

Not bad for a lazy evening movie, nothing to rave about either.

6/10

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yeah... if he had to jump over the rocks I don't think jumping over the kid was going to be problem considering the kid was on the rocks.
if the kid wasnt there and simply moved aside then the task for willy is much easier