Movie Discussion

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I love the " it's bullshit, I didn't hit her I did noaattt, Ohh, hi mark" line

That scene took almost an entire day to film. They did like 200 takes, and that was the end result :tearsofjoy:

Reminds me of this classic Simpsons episode
hahahaha apparently its a cult classic and people dress up as Johnny to watch it and throw plastic spoons and recite the lines LOL.

Might be one for "Movie night with Mrs Invisible" LOL

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Extraction

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4382872/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A former CIA operative (Willis) is kidnapped by a group of terrorists. When his son, Harry, learns there is no plan for his father to be saved, he launches his own rescue operation. Teaming up with Victoria, a woman with whom he's had a sexual relationship with, Harry stops at no means to rescue his father, and disobeying the CIA's orders in the process.

This movie has the tenancy to get frustrating at times towards the end when there are plenty of gun-wielding men, but not enough bullets being fired. That all changes though as the movie comes to a climax. It has some twists and turns that keep you intrigued. Not bad, but a B-grade American action movie.

6/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Gina Carano though is SMASHING in this movie. She alone is a good reason to watch it. Imagine her wearing a short dress with heels giving her muscular thighs a workout :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481536/?ref_=nv_sr_2

After being mistaken for terrorists and thrown into Guantánamo Bay, stoners Harold and Kumar escape and return to the U.S., where they proceed to flee across the country with federal agents in hot pursuit.

This movie continues right where the first movie left off even though there was 4 years between them filming-wise. Unless you've seen the first one, there are a lot of scenes in this movie you will not seem to understand. Quite lame in a lot of areas, however I saw this without remembering how lame the first one actually was.

4/10.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gina Carano though is SMASHING in this movie. She alone is a good reason to watch it. Imagine her wearing a short dress with heels giving her muscular thighs a workout :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Randy Couture, the MMA fighter was smashing the back outta her at one stage.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

After being mistaken for terrorists and thrown into Guantánamo Bay, stoners Harold and Kumar escape and return to the U.S., where they proceed to flee across the country with federal agents in hot pursuit.

This movie continues right where the first movie left off even though there was 4 years between them filming-wise. Unless you've seen the first one, there are a lot of scenes in this movie you will not seem to understand. Quite lame in a lot of areas, however I saw this without remembering how lame the first one actually was.

4/10.
As lame as they are (a lot of stoner movies are) I still find all three Harold and Kumar movies funny

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

A comic-book nerd and Elvis fanatic Clarence (Christian Slater) and a prostitute named Alabama (Patricia Arquette) fall in love. Clarence breaks the news to her pimp and ends up killing him. He grabs a suitcase of cocaine on his way out thinking it is Alabama's clothing. The two hit the road for California hoping to sell the cocaine, but the mob is soon after them.

Re-watched this classic the other day, still holds up and flows perfectly for 118 minutes (plus Patricia Arquette was smoking back then)

One of my all time favorites

10/10

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really a movie but would be nice if Hollywood relied less on CGI and went back to good ol classic camera work and stunts.

Just hire these people as your actors and stunt doubles!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really a movie but would be nice if Hollywood relied less on CGI and went back to good ol classic camera work and stunts.

The thing that shits me more than anything in Hollywood is the shaky camera. If they want to make an action scene look more actiony, they just shake the camera a lot. You can't see what's going on but at least you get some nice motion sickness watching it

Wahesh

Reaction score

The thing that shits me more than anything in Hollywood is the shaky camera. If they want to make an action scene look more actiony, they just shake the camera a lot. You can't see what's going on but at least you get some nice motion sickness watching it
Reminds me of this one:

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 7971

A comic-book nerd and Elvis fanatic Clarence (Christian Slater) and a prostitute named Alabama (Patricia Arquette) fall in love. Clarence breaks the news to her pimp and ends up killing him. He grabs a suitcase of cocaine on his way out thinking it is Alabama's clothing. The two hit the road for California hoping to sell the cocaine, but the mob is soon after them.

Re-watched this classic the other day, still holds up and flows perfectly for 118 minutes (plus Patricia Arquette was smoking back then)

One of my all time favorites

10/10
Looks good. I've heard of this movie but never seen it. Is it on Netflix? Even a good supporting cast - Brad Pitt, Val Kilmer, Gary Oldman... definitely on my watch list. Thanks bro :D

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

4/10.
Is that the movie where they go to Neil Patrick Harris' house and he is having a "bottomless" party?

John Cho has shown some glimpses of being a good actor at times.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Is that the movie where they go to Neil Patrick Harris' house and he is having a "bottomless" party?

John Cho has shown some glimpses of being a good actor at times.
That's the one but it's not NPH house they go to... it's some other guy. They hitchhike with NPH afterwards.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the one but it's not NPH house they go to... it's some other guy. They hitchhike with NPH afterwards.
Was also the movie that saved NPH's career and got him the How I Met Your Mother gig.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Was also the movie that saved NPH's career and got him the How I Met Your Mother gig.
The first one in 2004 was yes (I didn't even know who he was before that) - this was the sequel to that made in 2008.