Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
if the kid wasnt there and simply moved aside then the task for willy is much easier
Listen, if Willy couldn't jump, Jesse would've been pancaked, and in death, learned his lesson. So stop being a Karmichael and accept that Willy did it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Listen, if Willy couldn't jump, Jesse would've been pancaked, and in death, learned his lesson. So stop being a Karmichael and accept that Willy did it.

i wish that kid got fucked up, he even tried to talk to the whale

i guarantee whales dont understand english, what a bonehead tbh

Wahesh

Reaction score
i wish that kid got fucked up, he even tried to talk to the whale

i guarantee whales dont understand english, what a bonehead tbh
Bullshit. Of course they understand English. It's a movie. Don't you know that everything that happens in movies is real? Don't you remember when Randolph started singing to them? The hung out and listened to him you jahesh.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
did anyone watch free willy and think the kid was an asshole?

he made willy's jump so much more difficult because now willy not only has to clear the rocks but he also has to jump over the kid

stop being a showpony and dont take credit away from willy ffs
You and I watched two different "free willy" movies

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I struggle to get interested in any new movies, because most of the actors of today are *****......... having said that, I just watched the recent IT movie and didn't mind it... Bill Skarsgård really nailed the Pennywise role I thought... the boat scene was awesome

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I struggle to get interested in any new movies, because most of the actors of today are *****......... having said that, I just watched the recent IT movie and didn't mind it... Bill Skarsgård really nailed the Pennywise role I thought... the boat scene was awesome
I loved Skarsgard's It. Was insane.

Have you read the book?

There's a lot of fucked up shit that's not in the movie or the mini-series. When they're in the sewer in the book they have a battle of wills. It goes on to talk about how It is older than the Universe and how the Universe was created when a turtle threw up.

After the battle of wills when they defeat It they get lost in the sewer and the only way to get out is to sync up their thoughts and the only wya to do this is by the girl sleeping with all of the boys. Keep in mind these are 10-11 year old kids in the novel.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I loved Skarsgard's It. Was insane.

Have you read the book?

There's a lot of fucked up shit that's not in the movie or the mini-series. When they're in the sewer in the book they have a battle of wills. It goes on to talk about how It is older than the Universe and how the Universe was created when a turtle threw up.

After the battle of wills when they defeat It they get lost in the sewer and the only way to get out is to sync up their thoughts and the only wya to do this is by the girl sleeping with all of the boys. Keep in mind these are 10-11 year old kids in the novel.

Nah I haven't but fuckin hell haha.. yeah I can see why they left that out....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah I haven't but fuckin hell haha.. yeah I can see why they left that out....
Oddly enough that's not the most messed up thing Stephen King has written. He wrote one story that included a scene of a 6 year old boy getting anally raped. The scene went for about 4 pages and went into explicit details describing everything that was happening.

He is a horror writer after all but that's just messed up.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough that's not the most messed up thing Stephen King has written. He wrote one story that included a scene of a 6 year old boy getting anally raped. The scene went for about 4 pages and went into explicit details describing everything that was happening.

He is a horror writer after all but that's just messed up.

dude sounds like a creep..... there is no explaining that away

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t know where to post this..but it seems this thread is most appropriate..!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Set amidst the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles, zigzagging back and forth in time as it charts how fate, and a ruthless crime boss, connects three down-and-out reprobates mixed up in an organ harvesting scheme that goes from bad to worse

A unique low budget movie which I was quite impressed with. It's unfairly been compared to a Tarantino knockoff, but has its own style which worked for the overall tone, without giving much away, a recommended watch.

8/10

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
dude sounds like a creep..... there is no explaining that away
Stephen King is capable of some pretty strong shock. I think of the end scene in Carrie with all the blood, that's pretty messed up too.

I'm currently reading a King book at the moment (Mr Mercedes - bloody brilliant so far, and i'm now looking forward to finishing the next two in the series and then watching the TV series), and there's a guy who gets handjobs/blowjobs from his mother to relieve his headaches. Not quite Bad Boy Bubby, but still out there.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
By the way, is there a book thread? I've taken up reading again recently.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Kicked it old school again this weekend - and I think @Mr 95% might like this one more-so than @The_Chimpster ;)

Road House

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098206/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It's been a good 20 years since I saw this movie so I wanted to test my memory and see how much of it I remember. Surprisingly, I remember a lot of very well, but some things such as quotes etc... were not on-point.

James Dalton is a professional bouncer with a mysterious past who is enticed from his current job at a club in New York Cuty by Frank Tilghman to take over security at his club, the Double Deuce, in Missouri. Tilghman plans to invest substantial money into the club to enhance its image and needs a first-rate cooler to maintain stability.

Sam Elliot makes an appearance about halfway through the film to save this day - and it's so not much of a spoiler to say that he winds up dead considering this movie is nearly 30 years old... but I still like it and wouldn't mind watching it again in the near future. The action is actually really good.

8/10.