Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You think he would be better off the bench? I see him as a workhorse and RFM more of a creative livewire around tiring defence.
If RFM is on the bench then he has to come on at prop where i think he is capable of playing and giving us a point of difference. But like i said in another post i don't think Pay rates Martin so we will probably see RFM and CHN on the edges with Jackson at lock.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If RFM is on the bench then he has to come on at prop where i think he is capable of playing and giving us a point of difference. But like i said in another post i don't think Pay rates Martin so we will probably see RFM and CHN on the edges with Jackson at lock.
I heard he doesn’t rate him aswel. Apparently from what I’ve been told he’s lazy and doesn’t hit the ball up hard enough for Pays liking

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think he would be better off the bench? I see him as a workhorse and RFM more of a creative livewire around tiring defence.
Agree with you, but I think both Rfm and eliott will be on the bench at the end of the day

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Eliott
15. RFM
16. Sue
17. Fualalo

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate the fact that he was still celebrating his GF victory in his full playing kit (including boots) 24 hours after their win this year. Seems like a good bloke to have around.
I like that too, but truthfully he sounds like a meat head. Lucky he can play football.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree with you, but I think both Rfm and eliott will be on the bench at the end of the day

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Napa
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Eliott
15. RFM
16. Sue
17. Fualalo
That 8-16 I actually don’t mind (minus Lichaa

17 for me is a fight with fualao, Ogden (who I would have ahead), To’omaga etc.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 8-16 I actually don’t mind (minus Lichaa

17 for me is a fight with fualao, Ogden (who I would have ahead), To’omaga etc.
I’m much the same with 17, but we’ve lost so much experience, at least with Fualalo he’s a big unit with 55 games experience under his belt and he’s safe. You know what he’s going to deliver each week. Won’t be a game changer but will make his carries and complete his tackles. He can also offload aswell, although we haven’t seen much of it. Toomaga and Ogden are still too Green to get the nod ahead of Fualalo imo. They were a little suspect in defence this year

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately our pack has never really been the problem ...
Stats wise, yeah we were never a problem. Intimidation style however, which we were always regarded as in years past, was non exsisitent. Does that translate to being better on the field? I don’t know, but we will find out next year. I’m just excited that there’s some mongrel in that pack with Napa and I’ll even put Sue in that column too.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Besides his goal kicking what does he offer ? when did you ever feel something would happen when he had the ball in hand ?

I don’t mind him as he compliments the team and depending on the make up of our pack he will be well suited but by no means do you look at him to do something
I think he runs great lines tbh. Bagged him a hat trick and a few long range breaks in ISP finals.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
PS I know what you mean by a genuine smile.

Free to hurt/knock ***** out, coach unleashing him, more game time, good money, I'd have a genuine smile too
In 2019, Napa wearing the almighty Blue n White jersey, i want to see the following players put to sleep in order.

1. Klemmer
2. Pearce
3. Sam Burgess
4. Gallen
5. Mitchell Moses

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
One thing I love about this signing is the fact he brings 'intimidation factor' all the good sides have/had it somewhere.

They make the opposition detract from their normal game. Manly had it in Steve Matai, All Blacks had it in Jerry Collins in terms of defence, Queensland had it in Inglis in attack. Players don't like going near them with the ball through fear of copping a big hit or they pick their side in terms of containing them (Inglis). For years NSW picked a right centre to contain Inglis.

It's not something that can ever be measured in stats or put a price on but it still plays a huge part in the games of rugby and rugby league and to people who may not have played at a high level it is always underestimated and under valued.

Deano is slowly shaping this roster into the side he likes, I hope we persist with him through 2019 and we all start to judge him in 2020 when he will have close to the side he has picked and moulded.