Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AFB would be the most ideal replacement for Klemmer, doesn't have as big a workrate but is more explosive and will get through plenty of metres per run. He's also about 2 years younger than Klemmer, has 60 odd games experience and is more of an attacking threat.

In saying all that is it worth us loading up on another prop? We could just back what we have and hold all the funds so we can make a big play for a key player either in the spine or at centre when they become available, not like us getting a prop now would make that big a difference to the side. We currently have Tolman, Sue, Fualalo, Ogden, To'omaga and Tualau as props atm...potentially RFM could also be converted to prop with our congestion in the backrow. There's enough upside in that lot to maybe take the risk and back them.
I agree we could probably use his money to fix the spine or backline. In saying that we could also get AFB and centre as well. Just secure replacements before we release him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Article out now about Knights legit rejecting phone calls from Dogs wanting a player swap. We are getting bent over and look like the biggest pussies

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Article out now about Knights legit rejecting phone calls from Dogs wanting a player swap. We are getting bent over and look like the biggest pussies
Dont fucking release him until we get what we want its that simple. Fuck klemmer and newcastle.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Klemmer has a clause in his contract around absolute 100% delivery of TPA's he cannot get out of his contract. The facts as they stand is that we have 2 more seasons before our salary cap goes back to normal so what would releasing Klemmer achieve? Nothing because 1. he is the sort of player every club wants 2. We actually have him on a good deal and 3. If we were to release him, given our salary cap woes, we would not get a better roster or make a better long term gain that outweigh's retaining Klemmer. I am sorry but I would simply tell David he is staying. Our board had better not roll over and gift him to another club.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Klemmer has a clause in his contract around absolute 100% delivery of TPA's he cannot get out of his contract. The facts as they stand is that we have 2 more seasons before our salary cap goes back to normal so what would releasing Klemmer achieve? Nothing because 1. he is the sort of player every club wants 2. We actually have him on a good deal and 3. If we were to release him, given our salary cap woes, we would not get a better roster or make a better long term gain that outweigh's retaining Klemmer. I am sorry but I would simply tell David he is staying. Our board had better not roll over and gift him to another club.
Dont think clubs can guarantee tpa so doubt its part of his contract with us

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
That’s a Fucking joke now. Knights management have now openly embarrassed our board and staff.

Club needs to come out and say we tried to work with klemmer and knights unfortunately there is no benefit with working with the knights as per their media comment on an exchange.

If a club wants to discuss klemmer then let us know what you have to offer otherwise we have a 2 year contract. Fuck off.

If we can land Johnson or afb and Taupau or the turbo bros then ficknit do it. Otherwise Fuck off, also return favour to Ponga 5 year deal 6 mil or some bullshit.

Sick of bending over for shit clubs and good players when we get Fucking seats and some scrubs reserve graders like Danny Williams.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that happens it happens I don’t think it will. This issue with Klemmer has been boiling away for months and we have denied him numerous times there’s only so long you can put up with it. What kind of example would it be anyway? He still gets paid and he sits on the sideline.
Cant blame klem for taking 1.2 mill if he was on 700k. If he is on a back ended deal and getting 1mill I dont get why he wants to go if he is getting a mill over the next 2 yrs. If he is on a mill on an see why the dogs would release him to free up cash, even though I don't think props are worth 800k plus when you compare the money the titans paid for boyd and eels for paulo klem is worth 800 but definitely not 1.2mil. Good luck to him.
Just we knew what that plan was
Just if we knew

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't believe how much koolaid drinking is going on in this place or how many people say stupid shit about how they don't rate him etc. Hes one of the best props in the comp. The stats back it up.

Once we lose him and replace him with your standard plodder is when the real hell is going to break loose. Fuck sake, the kennel has been hating on Tolman for years and its entirely likely we're going to end up with someone worse than him.

Spin it however makes you sleep better at night, but the reality is that losing klemmer is a huge blow.
Who doesn't rate him? He is the best prop but a **** of a human being.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
AFB would be the most ideal replacement for Klemmer, doesn't have as big a workrate but is more explosive and will get through plenty of metres per run. He's also about 2 years younger than Klemmer, has 60 odd games experience and is more of an attacking threat.

In saying all that is it worth us loading up on another prop? We could just back what we have and hold all the funds so we can make a big play for a key player either in the spine or at centre when they become available, not like us getting a prop now would make that big a difference to the side. We currently have Tolman, Sue, Fualalo, Ogden, To'omaga and Tualau as props atm...potentially RFM could also be converted to prop with our congestion in the backrow. There's enough upside in that lot to maybe take the risk and back them.
What about SK?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I tend to agree if we could get AFB at a good price I'd take him but there's no way way we need a rep prop to replace Klemmer.

The problem is if we go with the props that we have now is that if it turns to shit early in the season it will be a lot harder and more expensive to bring a decent prop in.
What would you say is a good price for AFB? Around 600k? I think Boyd and Paulo went for more and AFB is definitely better than both of them. It is the safe play to make.

Man i am having nightmares of Tolman playing a shitload of minutes and making 20 odd runs a game as no one else really has that experience as a starting prop. Hopefully Fualalo can get back to doing what he was good at instead of trying to solve a puzzle every time he takes a run and he will be reliable enough. Sue just needs more consistency in his game while the likes of Ogden and To'omaga need to step up another gear or two. RFM at prop could also be a thing, his leg drive is great and he makes metres despite some sooking about him only ever running sideways.

I think To'omaga is definitely going to be key moving forward, if he can kick on and develop near his potential then we will be fucking laughing. His all round skillset with the ball in hand is just massive, just needs the confidence and to continue to improve his fitness.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who doesn't rate him? He is the best prop but a **** of a human being.
The threads are littered with people downplaying his game and talking about how much better off we'd be.

I dont like it, but I don't personally hate Klemmer for it. The board are the ones in the drivers seat who are in charge of fixing this situation.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In all seriousness, let the knights board talk tough...

We have heard it all before... tough talking CEO's supporting coaches, then a week later the coach is sacked...

We do not know what is happening behind the scenes......

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's literally no reason for them to agree to a player swap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Also no reason for us to release him to them
So you want to keep a player on a stacked contract that doesn't want to be here? Lol okay. There's far more to do this than Klemmer simply leaving for more money like some of you think.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What would you say is a good price for AFB? Around 600k? I think Boyd and Paulo went for more and AFB is definitely better than both of them. It is the safe play to make.

Man i am having nightmares of Tolman playing a shitload of minutes and making 20 odd runs a game as no one else really has that experience as a starting prop. Hopefully Fualalo can get back to doing what he was good at instead of trying to solve a puzzle every time he takes a run and he will be reliable enough. Sue just needs more consistency in his game while the likes of Ogden and To'omaga need to step up another gear or two. RFM at prop could also be a thing, his leg drive is great and he makes metres despite some sooking about him only ever running sideways.

I think To'omaga is definitely going to be key moving forward, if he can kick on and develop near his potential then we will be fucking laughing. His all round skillset with the ball in hand is just massive, just needs the confidence and to continue to improve his fitness.
I probably wouldnt want to go over $600k for AFB but who knows what games Des will play for him.

The more I think about it the club may have knew this was coming when they got CHN then they can move Jacko to lock and play Fualalo or Elliott at front row. To'omaga could solve a lot of problems but I think he might be a while off being a dominant front rower.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if Knights don't want to compensate us then Klemmer should. think 700k may do it. itll help pay some of the fines. Otherwise we shop him around for the best compensation deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.