Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe it is? needs to be a big signing to get a hype video surely and maybe we will release a statement this afternoon????
Not necessarily they are just using the Klemmer hype to get people interested in it.

DBake

Waterboy
Reaction score
You want to play games and force someone to be here? Its not like it will come cheap like what Manly did to Hastings. And you think his presence around the club will be a good thing during the process?

You need to remove the cancer and let the healing begin. There are plenty of players who want to earn good money carting up the football.
I think NRL wide that players shouldn’t be given the free ticket to up an leave mid contract. Until a line is drawn in the sand that says stuff you, we don’t stand for that, it’ll happen again, again and again. Could go on for years, like us, a decade plus. Allowing everyone to play the “personal issues card”, once the market value has risen, only displays being soft. There’s no good outcome. But the one that demands respect for the future going forward is the path worth taking. Slap him down and tell him it’s 2 years of Park footy/no favours/no rep career, or be a man of substance and honour the contract. Screw the “set your family up for life card” as well. He’s 24 ffs, with many contracts ahead to do that with. These blokes ain’t curing cancer or anything, and they aren’t on peanuts at their worst either. I’m getting a real thirst for a reality check for these “entertainers”. They shouldn’t be held in an untouchable image whatsoever. The blokes from the pre-professional era must shake their head. They made this game. And this new generation do nothing at all to further improve it with this kind of pure selfishness. Makes me sick to see really. This current generation shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath of past eras when it comes to integrity and honour. The more Klemmer lets this fester, the more it’ll be all he’s ever known for.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not necessarily they are just using the Klemmer hype to get people interested in it.
Yeah thats what I reckon. Anything do poke fun at the Dogs they'll hype up.
So they can attach everything bad that has been in the media and get more miles out of all their other BS agenda.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its clear that no matter what happens from this point on, not all bulldogs fans will be entirely happen..

People need to drop the agenda driving and blaming the board ..

There is several people to blame about this current situation .. and the current board doesn't even get a ranking in the top 10 list..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its clear that no matter what happens from this point on, not all bulldogs fans will be entirely happen..

People need to drop the agenda driving and blaming the board ..

There is several people to blame about this current situation .. and the current board doesn't even get a ranking in the top 10 list..
Media dont have an Agenda?

DBake

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who is our saviour for management? Someone to be inspired by the late great Bullfrog and put the starch back in our club from the top? Someone who a Klemmer would crap himself if he even dreamed about asking for a release? Which one of our greats is sitting at home exploding today like us all, and can become our next inspirational leader for a couple of decades? One that eats the likes of Buzz Rothfield for breakfast? Who does the faithful of this proud club start lobbying behind. Enough is enough. Another decade of our wimp show and we are one of the first clubs people are gunna gun for come the inevitable day that too many Sydney clubs are on the agenda. Call me alarmist, but who in the 80’s or 90’s would have ever dreamt of us being in this basket case position now?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who is our saviour for management? Someone to be inspired by the late great Bullfrog and put the starch back in our club from the top? Someone who a Klemmer would crap himself if he even dreamed about asking for a release? Which one of our greats is sitting at home exploding today like us all, and can become our next inspirational leader for a couple of decades? One that eats the likes of Buzz Rothfield for breakfast? Who does the faithful of this proud club start lobbying behind. Enough is enough. Another decade of our wimp show and we are one of the first clubs people are gunna gun for come the inevitable day that too many Sydney clubs are on the agenda. Call me alarmist, but who in the 80’s or 90’s would have ever dreamt of us being in this basket case position now?
Unfortunately, there was only one Bullfrog :(

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
G.Hughes tbh best we have in regards to not taking shit

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
add the stats up klem has scored 16 points in 6 years, we need some style some flashy type of stuff

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not worth $1.1m a year. Only top notch spine players deserve anywhere near that. He is not Thurston mate.

We have plenty of go forward without him. We smashed the Broncos and made 1700 meters in that game while Klemmer was out suspended.

You'll be surprised what a good off season does to the Ogden's, Toomaga's and Burr's. I don't think they're a few years away. We're not winning any NRL competition in 2019 anyway.
Add to that the purchase of meter eater Sue from the tigers and CHN in the backrow. The sooner we get used to playing without Klemmer the better.

The main reason we won both GF's in ISP was due to our power game up the middle, these boys were clearly a class above ISP level. It wasn't because of our creativity or lightning fast backs that's for sure.
Which spine are we going to sign. Theres no one on the market

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The problem is Klemmer negotiated his last contract on his own & wasn’t happy with the terms;however Woods got in his ear about the benefits of a player manager & engaged Moses to test the market... the Eels &?Knigjts have both tabled massive offers
Klemmer is just looking after his business- it’s not personal against the club, it’s just business these days
I don’t care who got in his ear. He signed the contract and if he’s trying to bail on the club when it is already down, he’s a fuckwit.

Last edited:

DBake

Waterboy
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there was only one Bullfrog :(
Undeniably

But we need someone who is moulded in his image, for a new era of his style

A Bulldog. Someone who knew him.

Someone smart. Articulate.

Someone who is pissed off. And who has also seen enough.

There can be many names thrown around, and it might stay a fantasy but surely it is possible?

Baa? Maybe not
Steve Price even?
Any of the Hughes Brothers?
Tunksy?

Surely this era ends soon, on OUR terms?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate just look in the mirror.
What does that even mean? I’m not the one who put the club in the position it’s in tight now, mate. That was Dib.... through his own shitty management. I have no power over the club and jo vested interests. I’m just a fan who wants the best for it. Your comment makes no sense.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ha ha, I got laughed at when I was urging people to vote him on the board back in 2008 at the AGM. He was always the perfect replacement for Bullfrog! Graeme would have been one of the best CEO’s at Canterbury if he was given a chance.
I agree mate, cut from a different cloth and everyone would know where they stand with him given his brutally honest nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.