Official Bulldogs vs Jets NSW Cup Grand Final - Team List and Discussion Thread

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He barely could finish the game he was gasping for hair, needs to step it up another notch in the off season re: his fitness i think that may be the only thing holding him back because he has everything else - so good in the air.

He and morgan Harper deserve a crack.
Couldn’t agree more. Cleeland and Burr need to be re-signed aswell.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
That was a great day. Glad I went.
Great atmosphere wasn't it? Worst part of the day was trying to figure out who supported who in the crowd half the time as everybody was in blue n White.. lols

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. Cleeland and Burr need to be re-signed aswell.
People need to get over Cleeland (he is not being retained apparently), or watch this seasons games again.

Whilst there are certainly some good qualities to his game, there are two really bad ones (and that's what is keeping him from first grade).

1. He comes out of the line in defence fast. This is fine if you hit your player and wrap up the ball. If you do neither (which is often the case), you create a +1 defensive overlap other players have to plug, and it often results in a try on that side (or a line break).

2. He plays 40 minutes of football, which for an organising half is NOT good enough. Watch most games of his and he goes missing for half of it.

Next year we have Jack Cogger coming over, and Brandon Wakeham will have to make the step up (too old for NYC next year).

Burr I totally agree with. I'd even add Greg Eastwood on a cheap contract for another 12 months. He's been brilliant in the past month odd.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guy is fucking garbage
I hope he doesn’t make nrl
He definitely has some shockers in him and I’ve criticised his faults before. But then again, Reimis also had those shockers in reserves and had feet for hands for ages but within a couple fg matches became many people’s favourite player. Just like Reimis, okunbor is an athlete and could have a similar impact. Gotta fix his fitness though.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Harper will be great in the next 12 months. FG is a different beast they play better surrounded by better quality players.
The good thing is his still very young and holding his own.. bright prospect.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Big, strong, powerful, fast. Needs to work on his defence, but has some great qualities and would hold his own in FG

Not strong
Not fast
Not powerful

But you got big right

Idris was shit and he is nowhere near as good as idris

Would love to be proven wrong but doubt it

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Eastwood was best on park by a mile

Last edited:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not strong
Not fast
Not powerful

But you got big right

Idris was shit and he is nowhere near as good as idris

Would love to be proven wrong but doubt it
I may stand to be corrected, but I need to see it in a first grade performance like we did with John Olive.

Malla

Reaction score
People need to get over Cleeland (he is not being retained apparently), or watch this seasons games again.

Whilst there are certainly some good qualities to his game, there are two really bad ones (and that's what is keeping him from first grade).

1. He comes out of the line in defence fast. This is fine if you hit your player and wrap up the ball. If you do neither (which is often the case), you create a +1 defensive overlap other players have to plug, and it often results in a try on that side (or a line break).

2. He plays 40 minutes of football, which for an organising half is NOT good enough. Watch most games of his and he goes missing for half of it.

Next year we have Jack Cogger coming over, and Brandon Wakeham will have to make the step up (too old for NYC next year).

Burr I totally agree with. I'd even add Greg Eastwood on a cheap contract for another 12 months. He's been brilliant in the past month odd.
Yeah Cleeland is just your typical reserve grader. No way can play up in first grade based on his defence and even as a play maker, as you said he offers nothing. We won that game without a playmaker tbh. Woodford controlled the game as much as he could through the middle.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys.. as I said it was nothing major..

Was having a shower last night (nothing out of ordinary), felt dizzy / confused, and almost passed out. Ended up spending a few minutes on the floor of shower unable to get up or catch my breath, and then couldn't remember actually getting out of the shower. Even 20 minutes after my face, neck and head were still tingling. Scared the shit out of me as nobody was home at the time (well except for our dog who was snoring downstairs).

NFI what the deal was there (as I'm normally quite a healthy person), but taking it easy today as a precaution.
Check your sugar Mr I,

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sucks not to have made the finals in the NRL (but it was expected). Big day for the club and all us fans today, we need this victory to send a clear message to fans and players alike that we are a club on the rise and instill some more pride back in the joint after first grades strong end to the season.
Carn the Doggies !!!
Even Gayaoold said we are a club on the rise, unusual to give us anything kind