Ben Cummins to complain about trainers comments during game. - UPDATE Bulldogs fined $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I now its an unpopular opinion, but the trainers should not address referees, no matter how much you dislike them.

We all complain about the likes of Ronnie Palmer and Alfie acting as the 14th player... trainers should come on if a player needs assistance, then fuck back off the field again.
I think most agree with you but I also think we’ve had enough

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if the trainer cant address the referee then just get him to make sure the refs hear his communication to the players that the refs are shit and dont expect a fair game, the best way to do this is to yell

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Steve Chiddy was the Snr Review Official (who has final say in the bunker).
Thumbs down to you.

I could have played out Patten was in the bunker for a few more days.

But NO. RUINED. lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just rewatching the replay now on fox. Deadset Cummins pretty much gave Bronx’s there first try. Some penalties no one knew what for and they got given 3 back to back to back penalties.

Then we get a penalty just on 12m line Morris taps and scores and gets called back for no reason.

Second try broncs fair try we were on the back foot with a smart kick chase from Milford.

That female touchy never got questioned but some of her calls last night were atrocious. She was the one that called the Hopoate cut out forward. And a few penalties to broncos because of her.
Yeah he didn't signal what the penalty was for on a few occasions

Reactions: DT

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Still no excuse for an official to have a go at the ref. There are proper channels to go through. It doesn't help us in the long run.
Mind you, there's probably little they can do to us, as we cop it every week anyhow. But, I actually thought we got a better deal tonight than we usually get; especially in the second half. The Broncs didn't get away with everything they usually do. Maybe because it wasn't their home game.
I disagree. If a coach or official goes through the proper channels they get an dpplogy at best and the incident is swept under the rug. Coaches and officials need to keep criticising officials and drawing attention to the blatant corruption that is on display in the NRL- week in, week out.

We’re not dealing with honest mistakes imo, we’re dealing with deliberate attempts by officials to influence the outcome of games...and I think the number of people who share this line of thinking is growing. They are becoming too transparent.

Good on the trainer, I say. Doesn’t sound like there were any threats or Cummins was personally abused- sounds like the trainer was only venting real frustrations about a legitimate problem in the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. He's never scored a hatrick before so why would you think he would in that game?
Yeah.... if he were an outside back, fair enough. But definitely an eyebrow raising bet for a forward.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. He's never scored a hatrick before so why would you think he would in that game?
I hope they investigate the bet, but it will be swept under the rug to protect the bigger rorts.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We all know that any club official should say nothing to the refs.

That being said I think we are in a unprecedented place in RL where the integrity of the sport is under a question mark. Something seriously stinks and based on this I have no probs with a frustrated fan/official calling it how it is. The NRL fuked up the day they considered themselves beyond criticism and banned it. You just can't get away with that in a democratic society. In conclusion fuk you cumstain and fuk you more Greenturd!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice Slater take a quick tap last night before the ref called the mark. The ref just yelled "play on" after he started running. Also noticed how Storm are allowed inside the ten at all times, were never in danger of a man in the bin, and their captain was allowed to slow down the advantage by arguing constantly over minor points with the ref; and by holding down in the tackle on the pretence he was tangled up with the attacking player's legs.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Once again I have emailed the NRL about the standard of their referees, in particular Ben Cummings in last nights game. While it will do no good and will generate a generic response it is still worth it to go on record. There is no excuse for Cummings' performance last night, it was beyond bad and has to be by design and maybe corrupt. Is it getting to the stage that the NRL needs to be referred to ICAC or a similar anti-corruption authority?
Hope you have more luck with your complaint than I did regarding sutton after the first broncos game. I pointed out our diabolical record under sutton and the need to sort out differences between the club and the referee concerned.

I requested an answer to specific questions but got "the one size fits all answers reply" that the refs are doing their best and mistakes
happen. Pretty much what I expected and a total waste of time writing to them. Reply took two months to get to me. Hope you have better response time.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice Slater take a quick tap last night before the ref called the mark. The ref just yelled "play on" after he started running. Also noticed how Storm are allowed inside the ten at all times, were never in danger of a man in the bin, and their captain was allowed to slow down the advantage by arguing constantly over minor points with the ref; and by holding down in the tackle on the pretence he was tangled up with the attacking player's legs.
Greenbergs back flip on the "nitt picking penalties" has played perfectly into the hands of roosters, storm and South's.. and made teams like dragons and tigers go backwards..

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The same thing happened a few years back the ruck was jump on ,then they stopped doing it and the storm improved 5 spots ?????

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope you have more luck with your complaint than I did regarding sutton after the first broncos game. I pointed out our diabolical record under sutton and the need to sort out differences between the club and the referee concerned.

I requested an answer to specific questions but got "the one size fits all answers reply" that the refs are doing their best and mistakes
happen. Pretty much what I expected and a total waste of time writing to them. Reply took two months to get to me. Hope you have better response time.
I also complained about that game.
When Sutton screwed us over.
When Pay got the $25k fine.
Same thing 2 months to get a response and just fobed off.
NRL is a pathetic joke of an organization.
Has a fan base ever hated its govening body so much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.