Ben Cummins to complain about trainers comments during game. - UPDATE Bulldogs fined $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he said “ref the game fairly” then that’s not bad. Just telling him what he should do. If Cummins feels that the trainer was insinuating something other than reffing the game as it should be reffed, then that’s a reflection of Cummins mind set and he could be hiding something....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If he said “ref the game fairly” then that’s not bad. Just telling him what he should do. If Cummins feels that the trainer was insinuating something other than reffing the game as it should be reffed, then that’s a reflection of Cummins mind set and he could be hiding something....
Guilty conscious maybe?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To my way of thinking, the advice to ref fairly is akin to telling a prop "run hard", or a fullback to keep his eye on the high ball. If Cummings is taking offence at getting advice that will make him a better referee he's obviously got a guilty conscience about the way he referees.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck off Cummins !!!

We won, stop being a sook.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ex Bulldogs player in the bunker last night....hello
Ex bulldog in the bunker doesn't mean shit, sims arm clearly touched the ground.

Don't be bitter because your team sucked when it counted and didn't get out of second gear until the final 15 minutes

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ex bulldog in the bunker doesn't mean shit, sims arm clearly touched the ground.

Don't be bitter because your team sucked when it counted and didn't get out of second gear until the final 15 minutes
I am far from bitter.

I posted before the game, that I wasn't confident of winning.

It's OK for most people here to say the refs are corrupt, but it I post that an ex Dogs player is in the bunker, I get attacked.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am far from bitter.

It's OK for most people here to say the refs are corrupt, but it I post that an ex Dogs player is in the bunker, I get attacked.
Yeah but the ex Dog player is cock-eyed and a NBL sellout now. It all evens out lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am far from bitter.

I seriously thought the broncs were going to win, and not to take anything away from our performance, the broncs probably would of if they weren't so lazy.

Most people complain about the refs being corrupt for good reason, look at the state of the game, there is no way there can be that much gross incompetence in professional sport. And yes, we do complain a lot.
But to be fair, most of the time it's for good reason, the bulldogs have pretty much always copped the short end of the stick when it comes to officiating

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just rewatching the replay now on fox. Deadset Cummins pretty much gave Bronx’s there first try. Some penalties no one knew what for and they got given 3 back to back to back penalties.

Then we get a penalty just on 12m line Morris taps and scores and gets called back for no reason.

Second try broncs fair try we were on the back foot with a smart kick chase from Milford.

That female touchy never got questioned but some of her calls last night were atrocious. She was the one that called the Hopoate cut out forward. And a few penalties to broncos because of her.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I am far from bitter.

Don't question the General's integrity, there is no bias in him.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When players are poor we hammer them. Referees are like players and are paid well to do a good job. Why is it these delicate little flowers cannot cop criticism on previous mistakes. Commentators and the like always outline players weaknesses/poor performances and the referees are involved just as much in the game and should suck it up when a comment is made.
So true and he made some mistakes last night. I guess a trainer should know better than to make a comment but honestly they are so precious. Todd Greenberg needs a reality check himself if he believes the guys with the whistle are doing a good job.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We should argue the fine..

Just get Lobster to say that he did not say "Ref the game fairly".. but rather it was misheard and he actually said "Refer to Frawley".

Ex Bulldogs player in the bunker last night....hello
Steve Chiddy was the Snr Review Official (who has final say in the bunker).

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I counted a few times the broncs weren't square at marker and inside the 10 and it was play on.
He also "missed" when Corey Oates dropped the ball and failed to play it properly, after penalising fualalo for not getting a foot on the ball. I think that's just due to his incompetence

All true and he also made a blew when he called Morris back when he took the quick tap. Later in the game he allowed I think it was Kahu to take a quick tap without a problem , exactly same situation as ours and not long after Broncos scored. He also made two incorrect assumptions when referring a try upstairs to the bunker. This of course is the same official who made a weak apology to Jackson in the Souths game when he did not allow him to get back in the defensive line after calling him out; of course Souths scored because they waltzed right through exactly where Jacko would have been......Broncs offside all night..penalties were close of course with final totals favouring us by 9-8. Count was 6-5 our way at half time and the Broncos were absolutely perfect in the final 15 minutes whilst penalties were even in the second half the last two against us in the final 8 minutes.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
my recommendation is to get rid of greenberg and install toovey as nrl ceo so we can finally get that investigation ffs

even if the investigation ends up that the ref is an idiot, at least put that in a report

for example:, conclusion referee is an idiot and missed the call

Status
Not open for further replies.