Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we are trying to retain Lewis and JMK while having signed Foran and Cogger, interesting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you say that Blake green is a solid half that brings structure and control to the team and that as far as top halfs go he's not in the top echelons?

From what I've seen doesnt lewis fit this mould?
Greens skillset is far superior to anything Lewis has shown so far. Lewis' kicking game, game management, passing game and running game are massively lacking at this stage yet some people are acting like he has got these things well and truly sorted when he simply isn't even close.

He's the best option we have in the halves and should have been there since day 1, but people acting like he's this special talent are acting so out of desperation. We have seen players recently in Aekins, Luai and even Brimson that have shown things far superior than what Lewis has.

Lewis does have good temperament and his defensive technique is great, but like i said earlier his skillset is lacking and it's a massive jump up to get to where he is now to where we need him in the future...and really has he shown enough to make people think he is more likely to make the jump up then not?

Anyway the more i see of Lewis the more i see him as a ball playing lock moving forward. He has the energy, toughness and competitiveness, he has great defensive technique and could chop ***** down all day and he has good enough hands to distribute the ball through the forwards or out the back to a half out wide. He has a pretty big frame already and looks like he could fill it out without any major issues.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Greens skillset is far superior to anything Lewis has shown so far. Lewis' kicking game, game management, passing game and running game are massively lacking at this stage yet some people are acting like he has got these things well and truly sorted when he simply isn't even close.

He's the best option we have in the halves and should have been there since day 1, but people acting like he's this special talent are acting so out of desperation. We have seen players recently in Aekins, Luai and even Brimson that have shown things far superior than what Lewis has.

Lewis does have good temperament and his defensive technique is great, but like i said earlier his skillset is lacking and it's a massive jump up to get to where he is now to where we need him in the future...and really has he shown enough to make people think he is more likely to make the jump up then not?

Anyway the more i see of Lewis the more i see him as a ball playing lock moving forward. He has the energy, toughness and competitiveness, he has great defensive technique and could chop ***** down all day and he has good enough hands to distribute the ball through the forwards or out the back to a half out wide. He has a pretty big frame already and looks like he could fill it out without any major issues.
Agree with about 90% but I think he will move to center with a bit more size maybe even next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree with about 90% but I think he will move to center with a bit more size maybe even next season.
I don't think he has the running game to be a centre, lacks the pace and footwork imo.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I don't think he has the running game to be a centre, lacks the pace and footwork imo.
Fair point either way I think he will end up to big for the halves, lock would probably suit but would need to fill out a lot first.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's 21. No one is saying he's got all those things locked down. But he has shown potential in all those areas, except running game, and he's worth the punt in seeing what he becomes

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's 21. No one is saying he's got all those things locked down. But he has shown potential in all those areas, except running game, and he's worth the punt in seeing what he becomes
No, some people are definitely saying that and acting like he's special already. I also don't see much potential in those areas you mentioned as his current ability there seems low and nothing out of the ordinary. His vision is lacking, passing game is inconsistent, kicking game isn't there at all, etc.

Honestly it just feels like people are currently overhyping because he has that high energy, ultra competitiveness like Reynolds did and people are expecting everything else to fall into place. Reynolds atleast had a dangerous running game when he was coming through...Lewis at this stage just doesn't have anything that stands out.

For me Lewis as a half is absolutely nothing special and at best looks like a squad player than can play a role. He's better than what we have but isn't worth breaking the bank for.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was him I’d never go to the broncos. With Lewis as a last name you’re just asking for trouble. Let him be his own man and forge his own legacy, make Lewis asssociated with the bulldogs not the broncos.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's not the point I'm making though. I see him in the mould of Blake Green or a Trent Hodkinson, and frankly you need those type of halves to come with your more fancy half. So wouldn't it be reasonable to say that he does have potential to be a half of that type? Hence he would be worth keeping and persisting with?

He's still 21 so in 5 years time, any player would be a different player to what they were at 21.

I honestly cant see that in him atm, not saying its not possible, but we dont have the time, the patience to wait for him to be that sort of player.

We need to invest in halves who have the talent now, who can lead the team around and create a spark for our team. In saying that Cogger isnt the answer and is a step backwards for us, and if we are to have juniors in our team, then we need to find a Cleary or Luai, or Ash Taylor, kids who have that X factor now at 18-19, kids you can build a team around.
If we had Cronk type half, then yeah we could persist with Lewis for the future.
I do get what you are saying and its a good point thinking along those lines. I think Chris Anderson and the club see it that Lewis is a backup half, otherwise they would have locked him up ages ago, same way they are holding off signing Martin, they have plans to fill that hole with Oates or Heargreaves etc.
I dont hate Lewis at all, and i keep saying that i enjoy watching him play, i dont want him to fail but at same time, he doesnt have anything in my opinion that makes me say wow this kid can do special things for us, doesnt get me excited the way Barba made his debut or SBW or Jackson, Klemmer, Idris, Pay, McCracken etc etc

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I defend lichaa when he does nothing wrong in a game and the whole kennel blame him for our losses..
There are shitloads better hookers than lichaa and I would love to have cook or Parcell etc but we are stuck with lichaa atm. Ppl blaming him for losses to Souths and Canberra are so laughable hence why I defend him in those instances. I would rather Brown get more mins. Pays fault for poor bench rotation.

Next year if Foran is fit, it will be Cogger and Foran in the halves. Not Lewis or JMK etc. Lewis is only a back up half. And that's how the dogs see him too hence no rush to sign him and Lewis not readily accepting a pretty much low offer.
Fair enough.
I do agree Lewis hasn't done anything yet so the club can't do another Mybe and pay overs for "potential" if another club does then so be it.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair point either way I think he will end up to big for the halves, lock would probably suit but would need to fill out a lot first.
You know he doesn’t look that big at the games
I suppose no player does sitting inside ANZ
At the end of the day it will be good if stays on no matter we’re he plays
Hard to pick a position looking into the future

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fair enough.
I do agree Lewis hasn't done anything yet so the club can't do another Mybe and pay overs for "potential" if another club does then so be it.
Agree bud. He should be re-signed but not on mega bucks just because he has a name and a couple of good games. Sorry I would pay more to keep Martin then Lewis considering the circumstances.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's not the point I'm making though. I see him in the mould of Blake Green or a Trent Hodkinson, and frankly you need those type of halves to come with your more fancy half. So wouldn't it be reasonable to say that he does have potential to be a half of that type? Hence he would be worth keeping and persisting with?

He's still 21 so in 5 years time, any player would be a different player to what they were at 21.
Frawley is a Blake Green, Holdsworth, Hodko mould...

This kid is a Travis Norton, Grimaldi and even thrown Anasta in there mould.. You are not a seriously competitive without these guys.

Lewis in 3 yrs with a bit more muscle and game experience... Thumbs uP!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really like the look of Lewis but I cant help but think him having another season in reserves will be better for his developmemt.. IMO hes not ready for NRL yet neither is JMK nor Meaney & Cogger..

Whatever happened to letting kids learn their craft and develop in reserve grade

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Said in April hey..

He does make errors, and he needs to relax on the niggle but which half doesn't make errors ? I'm actually hoping Pay can mould him into a Travis Norton one day because his not the smallest and he can defend well.

Canterbury Born & Bred
KLil, Apr 2, 2018 Edit Delete Report

A lock that can tackle, ball play and kick + have the energy and competitiveness a team needs? These players are precious mofos which why some of us use the word special.

Having players like Lewis and Martin is a luxury to have which is why they should be locked in asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.