Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Too many here have exploded at the cock a bit early over Brown crashing over from dummy half against an already beaten team.

They're sorely mistaken if they think we're gonna be far better served with Brown at hooker than Lichaa. They're both bang average. From what I've seen Brown has more errors in his game. We need to look to the market for a better option in 2019. I haven't seen any of Woolford but perhaps he's worth at least blooding before seasons out to see if he's got the goods.
I know isn't the best, or even decent, but he is still better than Lichit. My point is that he was fresh and should of been played as soon as sticky put on a fresh Austin.

Why is Lichit back in FG? Only reason is to cover JMK moving to the halves.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All because he had a previous affiliation with him in the under 20's or whenever it was. Now look what this affiliation has turned into - another disaster resigning and have put up with his rubbish for another year unless they fuck him off first.

Watching him play is like shoving nails in my eyes. I can't stand this fucker as a footballer or lack there of.

Whatever is Pays stick in the arse with Brown he better remove it quickly and put him in instead of this drop kick.
Totally agree.
He is one of the very few Canterbury players over the years that I have hated watching.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's part of the reason why I love the kennel, people know what it's like to lose games like that. We gotta stick together and look out for each other
All I have known is the Dogs, even though this season is a write-off, it still hurts to lose.

This one hurt more than a smashing. Of course we are pissed off and venting. I even say don't listen to what I post in the game day thread because you don't think straight while riding the roller coaster we call the Dogs lol

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa wasn't to blame tonight. Holland has always been a terrible defender and for once the Morris twins were beat fairly by BJ.
honestly, we cant blame lichaa.

Hear me out guys.

Last ten mins, swap Lichaa for brown. Brown keeps everything tight because he is fresh and we win. Lichaa would have had a decent game if he was interchanged (LIKE HE WAS FUCKING SUPPOSED TO).

We cant blame Lichaa, who expected to play 60mins at most, but pay made him play nearly the full 80.

For context. I am a big critic of Lichaa, but we cant unfairly blame him here. He came in with the expectation to play a shorter game. He ran a lot more than usual. He was tired as fuck the last 10mins. Blame Pay for not interchanging him (AGAIN THAT WAS THE FUCKING PLAN!!!).

Apologies if my language is too much, but the last 10 min disgusted me. If you are going to blame players, Holland is the one that comes to mind but even then-he got injured and looked like he was carrying that shoulder/arm the rest of the game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Played what, 8 games at Belmore now? Lost almost every game including two to the Raiders now... yuck

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I know isn't the best, or even decent, but he is still better than Lichit. My point is that he was fresh and should of been played as soon as sticky put on a fresh Austin.

Why is Lichit back in FG? Only reason is to cover JMK moving to the halves.
I can see your reasoning, I guess it just comes back to the fact that up until his error, he was doing the job and the team was going well. When you finally manage to get this lot performing then making changes in key positions wouldn't be high on the to-do-list. And I just don't rate Brown lol.

Same reason as to why a number of players in our team are holding spots for extended periods - we have no better options.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost when we had the game won again forgot how many times it's happened this year. 2nd last could of been top 8 or top 4 oh well rebuilding ok then but still pissed off

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Played what, 8 games at Belmore now? Lost almost every game including two to the Raiders now... yuck
We barely beat the knights last year as well who were the worst team in the comp by luck of Mbye catching that kick and running down the field to score.

Need a Priest to drench the ground with holy water before we play there again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can see your reasoning, I guess it just comes back to the fact that up until his error, he was doing the job and the team was going well. When you finally manage to get this lot performing then making changes in key positions wouldn't be high on the to-do-list. And I just don't rate Brown lol.

Same reason as to why a number of players in our team are holding spots for extended periods - we have no better options.
We basically agree bro. We just have to use the castle we have now and try and win some games for our pride at least.

Apart from Lichaa and Holland, I am proud of the rest of the boys, the effort was definately there and didn't deserve to lose.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We barely beat the knights last year as well who were the worst team in the comp by luck of Mbye catching that kick and running down the field to score.

Need a Priest to drench the ground with holy water before we play there again.
We need to do a Parra and burn the place down to cleanse it of the curse lol

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kerrod Holland wtf ... he couldnt have played worse if he tried. I was at the game and regret going. We can make all the excuses in the world but fuck off 3 tries in 5 minutes FFS

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We basically agree bro. We just have to use the castle we have now and try and win some games for our pride at least.

Apart from Lichaa and Holland, I am proud of the rest of the boys, the effort was definately there and didn't deserve to lose.
Agreed mate.

Plenty of positives to take away despite the result. I can see progress.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean Pay has zero idea about game management ... fucking clueless

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On a serious note this was very reminiscent of our game against them back in 2015 when we were flogging them only for them to come back and almost beat us at the death.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Because we can't defend our try line, we deserved to lose for that shite! Lewis and Martin were excellent.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Our halves are babies.. if we had a Cronk , we win the game .. you don’t lose a game 28-20 with 4 mins to go

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agreed mate.

Plenty of positives to take away despite the result. I can see progress.
Big positives are Lewis and Martin, Elliott improving his game and Smith performing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.