Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You reckon Pay told them to take it easy the last 10?
Obviously didn't tell them to "take it easy" but surely he told them to protect the lead and not go for the kill shot.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nonsense. Brown got the hook because he was doing nothing then 1 metre from the line he throws a no look forward pass instead of going out the back where we had the numbers. Lichaa went OK last night. He made lots of metres out of DH and his passing was generally OK. He gets bagged for a one on one strip as though it's never happened in the game before. Jesus, it happens every match. Then he gets slammed for the kick off being lost. What? the smallest bloke on the field is their on his own when everyone and their dog knew a short kick was coming and he had no support. that was poor captaincy right there, but no criticism of the captain only the poor bastard who is posted there on his on.

He may never be a Cameron Smith, but he had a dig last night and was most certainly not the reason why we got beat. I don't recall a single try being score against us up the middle. I do however recall a number coming down our right side.
Read my other follow up posts. I am supportive of Lichaa in this game, I am saying he played too long (75 mins instead of 60 interchanging with brown). The whole point of interchange is to make sure the players making the big tackles are fresh. Lichaa was good, but was not able to battle the fresh interchanges the raiders used in the end.

Interchange is what lost us the game, not Lichaa. That is what I mean.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So who is to blame for not using our strike weapons the whole first half, the coach or the dummy half?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Read my other follow up posts. I am supportive of Lichaa in this game, I am saying he played too long (75 mins instead of 60 interchanging with brown). The whole point of interchange is to make sure the players making the big tackles are fresh. Lichaa was good, but was not able to battle the fresh interchanges the raiders used in the end.

Interchange is what lost us the game, not Lichaa. That is what I mean.
He came off in the 26th min with a head check and came back on with about 30secs to go in the first half after Brown stuffed up so he only played about 65mins. I noticed Brown was out there later on so he probably got about 20 mins or so and did nothing.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He came off in the 26th min with a head check and came back on with about 30secs to go in the first half after Brown stuffed up so he only played about 65mins. I noticed Brown was out there later on so he probably got about 20 mins or so and did nothing.
Nrl team stats says Lichaa played 68, so you are correct.
Edit: With brown playing 12, but Lichaas second stint was a full 43mins, so Brown did not come on after that HIA check.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So who is to blame for not using our strike weapons the whole first half, the coach or the dummy half?
Coach in this case. Not only that, but Ogden, who had 8 runs for 86 metres, only played 20 minutes...

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Fkn seriously.....Lichaa gets blamed for everything on this site.
What about the dodgy penalty awarded to Raiders for Leilua going into touch?
Or how about Hodgson taking a quick tap inside the 10m which led directly to a try?
How about the refs not awarding an 8-point try when Whitehouse kneed Martin in the back while scoring?
Eastwood not holding onto that intercept?
Even the Tapine try was doubtful as bth a double movement and whether he actually got the ball on the line?
Sure we should have held on,and our defence was sub-standard in the final 5-10 mins,but you would only replace Lichaa if there was a better option and on what Brown showed last night he definitely wasn't!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I know we lost but watching this game there was a lot of improvement albeit against the faiders, we finally have a consistent goal kicker and if Martin can run at that pace a good running forward who can bust tackles, our attack has improved 10 fold with Lewis even though it will take time, I'm happy with how the team played and also Pay is looking good as our coach and I was bagging Pay earlier in the season but after seeing improvement in the team 2019 is looking ok.
And we need to keep the Morris bros, they have another year in them and we need some experience player's to help out.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t believe how badly exposed Holland was every FUCKING time the ball went there. And Pay just watched it unfold 15 times in the match and did nithing
Croker was made to look like the prince of centres when faced with the defence of Holland. Would have perhaps thought about moving J Moz to snuff him out but then.......what would have happened on the other side. Thought that Holland got a shoulder injury early on...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok I know we lost but watching this game there was a lot of improvement albeit against the faiders, we finally have a consistent goal kicker and if Martin can run at that pace a good running forward who can bust tackles, our attack has improved 10 fold with Lewis even though it will take time, I'm happy with how the team played and also Pay is looking good as our coach and I was bagging Pay earlier in the season but after seeing improvement in the team 2019 is looking ok.
And we need to keep the Morris bros, they have another year in them and we need some experience player's to help out.

If we believe the media that is none and Buckley's...

I was beside myself at losing yesterday but I do agree that for portions of the game there was a lot to like. We can't translate the team performance into an 80 minute effort and we shoot ourselves in the foot with regularity. Reminds me a lot of the efforts of the perennial bridesmaids, the North Sydney Bears, who consistently snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.......

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Prob should stop referring to them as Faiders after our 5 min debacle last night

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What shits me is that Holland let Croker make him look under 20's standard back when it existed...

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same players get bagged but what about the others that contributed to the loss like Josh Jackson missing Austin to score his try? Was a poor effort from the captain

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nrl team stats says Lichaa played 68, so you are correct.
Edit: With brown playing 12, but Lichaas second stint was a full 43mins, so Brown did not come on after that HIA check.
You are prob right but I just remember seen the 14 running around while Lichaa was out there. I wasn't paying that close attention though.....

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck that Liccha. Let them steal the ball one on one. That’s what started their steamroll
Yep:rage::rage::rage: and if I remember correctly he did the same thing against Newcastle the idiot, how the fuck can one justify this prick playing in our NRL side FFS I will be totally disappointed if this prick is still #9 next week..........NuBrown at least PLEASE!!
We were unlucky against St George, we had an off day against the Titans we gave it to Newcastle and we should not have lost yesterday but you cannot blame Dean Pay like some tools on this Forum are attempting to do.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
That bullshit penalty that lead to Austin scoring his first did not help. How do you reward a player for flirting with the sideline and not see he deserved to be bundled into touch is beyond me. Every day of the week that is allowed, except for the Dogs.

Then, we had no game management skills at all. We let them roll us as if we had lost the game while 8 points up. Bizarre. I think our inexperience in many of our players showed up nice and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.