Cogger and Meaney

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Radley would have been perfect. But the Roosters can sign and re-sign anyone they want as they have an unlimited cap.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you give a summay?
Well basically we are in a bad spot cap wise as we all know, and won’t be able to do any marquee signings until 2021, so for the next few years we will be looking very slim on pickings to get a competitive team!! And also the club has already put the flag up an called Season over!!

They feel sorry for us fans knowing the next few years we have to support a team thats going to be struggling big time.

More or less not looking good for a long time!!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well basically we are in a bad spot cap wise as we all know, and won’t be able to do any marquee signings until 2021, so for the next few years we will be looking very slim on pickings to get a competitive team!!

They feel sorry for us fans knowing the next few years we have to support a team thats going to be struggling big time.

Loll... gonna be a long few years

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be filling our squad with these kind of young guys. Forget top dollar superstars for at least a couple of years!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well he's not there yet, but that's who his game has been compared to. He doesn't look anywhere near as strong or elusive though.
Tedesco is super quick so I’m guessing/hoping eeny Meaney miny mo has toe lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think they know what they're talking about. They're just piling it on to blow the story about our cap issues out of proportion as its what sells papers and gets ratings. These guys have as much clue about figures as you and I or anyone else on here and they're all a bunch of dribblers.

I fail to see how we couldn't spend some proper money on guys for next season and beyond when between Eastwood, the Morris brothers, Woods and Mbye would have been on a combined $3 million or more this season. Add to that Lichaa and a few others not being here next season and surely we'll have good money to spend next year with Mbye and Woods gone now?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well basically we are in a bad spot cap wise as we all know, and won’t be able to do any marquee signings until 2021, so for the next few years we will be looking very slim on pickings to get a competitive team!! And also the club has already put the flag up an called Season over!!

2021 really?

Our cap cannot be that fkd considering we just let two highly paid players go

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to do a money ball (Oakland A’s) like recruitment drive

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think they know what they're talking about. They're just piling it on to blow the story about our cap issues out of proportion

I fail to see how we couldn't spend some proper money on guys for next season and beyond when between Eastwood, the Morris brothers, Woods and Mbye would have been on a combined $3 million or more this season. Add to that Lichaa and a few others not being here next season and surely we'll have good money to spend next year with Mbye and Woods gone now?
Yea correct, just saying what was mentioned, they did mention the mbye an woods an Morris bros an Eastwood gone but even then no good until 2021 again repeating what I heard.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yea correct, just saying what was mentioned, they did mention the mbye an woods an Morris bros an Eastwood gone but even then no good until 2021 again repeating what I heard.
Haha. I'm not shooting the messenger man, I'm just saying there's no way on earth we can shed those guys and still have to wait til 2021 to sign anyone of note. They're just trying to prey on all of our fears because it's what these weasels do best. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. I'm not shooting the messenger man, I'm just saying there's no way on earth we can shed those guys and still have to wait til 2021 to sign anyone of note. They're just trying to prey on all of our fears because it's what these weasels do best. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story...
My thoughts exactly lol. Was interesting though.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think they know what they're talking about. They're just piling it on to blow the story about our cap issues out of proportion as its what sells papers and gets ratings. These guys have as much clue about figures as you and I or anyone else on here and they're all a bunch of dribblers.

No what they are saying is the same thing I've been told by the club. We are up the proverbial creek until 2021.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes no sense, we just got rid of nearly $2m with woods and Mbye. Makes no sense at all. If that’s the case why didn’t we just keep them?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There is an outside chance we may retain JMoz but not Bmoz as his knee is shot, but our ratchet clauses combined with the backended deals means we are bust until 2021. Doesn't matter that we don't understand it. It is what it is.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No what they are saying is the same thing I've been told by the club. We are up the proverbial creek until 2021.
2021?? Who is it we’re paying all this money to? Jackson and Klemmer are the only first graders we’ll have next year - they on 4mil each? Adam Elliott 2mil?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes no sense, we just got rid of nearly $2m with woods and Mbye. Makes no sense at all. If that’s the case why didn’t we just keep them?
The money that those two free up will mean that when we buy players in a couple of years we will have $150k per player instead of $80-90k. that's how bad it is.

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Considering we have the likes of Hoppa on 700k a year, Foran on $1.1m a year and re-signing Lichaa on a 2 year deal worth 850k in total and backended to 700k next year it is not surprising

Status
Not open for further replies.