Cogger and Meaney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have had some strong views about these two young blokes but you can take it as read that the club thinks they are both good young players and will add to our team next year. Unlike Mbye who just wasn't a genuine FB despite being a good athlete, the view is that Meaney is a real FB and will only get a lot better. They rate Cogger pretty highly as well. Oh and they have seen all the tapes of their play over the past couple of years so they know what they can do.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only way these 2 boys will learn, improve and succeed is if we have a top class hooker and 5/8, and Floporan is definitely not one.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only way these 2 boys will learn, improve and succeed is if we have a top class hooker and 5/8, and Floporan is definitely not one.
Totally agree.

We also need an outside back who chews up the meters and provides quick play the balls.

Blake Ferguson is off contract and i do not care whose flaps his slapped, we need a player of his calibre in our outside backs. Probably would also be the best goalkicker in the team

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt either are on much money and I won't write them off until they arrive. At this stage Cogger seems more like a backup than a first grader and I haven't seen much of Meaney but hopefully both can improve and take their opportunity next season. If not, I doubt it would cause us too many cap issues..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Meaney will be excellent in the 1 for us, very promising young player.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger looks more likely to get in and make the team his unlike our halves who barely touch the ball in attack

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any of them the play tbh

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't watched either of them play but those at the club do have pretty solid opinions of both of them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think many of us are just sceptical because of the few (too few) highly touted youngsters we've signed under the Destatorship that have amounted to nothing such as Lichaa and Abbey.

Hopefully these guys realise their potential here and prove the sceptics wrong.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope Cogger continues to get game time in first grade.... needs a lot of work in my opinion

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve seen little of both but from what I have witnessed Cogger seems to play like Trent Hodkinson ie. touches the ball a lot but does nothing except catch and pass/put in some non-threatening kicks.

And I just hope Meaney is not Abbey 2.0

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any of them the play tbh
Cogger looks well below average so far but has good wraps from his junior days. Meaney is supposedly a poor mans Tedesco.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You would hope they had a high opinion of them seeing as they are going to be vital parts of the spine!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger looks well below average so far but has good wraps from his junior days. Meaney is supposedly a poor mans Tedesco.
Poor mans Tedesco is still pretty good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Poor mans Tedesco is still pretty good.
Well he's not there yet, but that's who his game has been compared to. He doesn't look anywhere near as strong or elusive though.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone watching 360 an hear all the bulldogs talk regarding cap/signings etc?

Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.