Cogger and Meaney

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
Easy to see why Knights were happy to let Cogger go.

Young Tex Hoy (Flegg on debut) and Brock Lamb in the halves in NSW Cup are tearing us a new one.

Their commentators mentioned they have a heap of halves including Jack Johns and Loghrey who are very good too.
They might have a few halves yet Cogger is the one playing First Grade. If they thought these halves were on par with Cooger there is no way they would be giving First Grade experience to a player that is leaving.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They might have a few halves yet Cogger is the one playing First Grade. If they thought these halves were on par with Cooger there is no way they would be giving First Grade experience to a player that is leaving.
Focused on Meaney today
Got dominated in tackles could of scored a couple of times but showed neither pace or strength and didn’t get to try line. More inclined to be a link man. Put in a nice kick for a try. Will add nothing for us if selected in NRL next year. Nowhere near ready

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hoy was on debut in NSW Cup from Flegg today. Lamb Knights may retain as backup.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger could work well with Lewis. Only time will tell

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Cogger could work well with Lewis. Only time will tell
I disagree, neither are ball runners they can't coeexist, on todays evidence Lewis should start ahead of Cogger, however i am sure Cogger was told prior to signing that he would have first shot at starting

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was at the game live and Cogger was rubbish. Seems to me like he's scared of heavy contact in the line when having to kick, will never engage the line and just toss up a shitty up and under punt... whenever he wasn't doing that shit, he was hiding out wide at least at 3rd-4th receiver. Let his team down tonight

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cogger also has a hand issue that needs an operation in the off season. Not sure if anyone else picked that up in the call.

Meaney might get his debut with Ponga doing his hammy!
Seemed quiet in NSW Cup from the call. But yeah I'd suspect so.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger also has a hand issue that needs an operation in the off season. Not sure if anyone else picked that up in the call.

Yeah I heard Buderus say he had a hand issue that requires surgery. Did he say he’s getting it done once Pearce comes back?

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Courageous Newcastle halfback Jack Cogger has played the past two games for the Knights with a ruptured tendon in his little finger that requires surgery.

But in sign of his toughness and team-first mentally, Cogger is delaying having the operation until after Mitchell Pearce returns from injury, most likely against Parramatta in three weeks time on July 13.

While it is yet to be determined when Cogger will go under the knife, it is conceivable his final game for the Knights could be on Saturday week against the Bulldogs, the club he will link with on a two year deal at the end of the season.

Knights head of football Darren Mooney confirmed Cogger’s injury but said when he will have the operation is yet to be determined.

“Jack is a tough kid who is putting the team first but it is not an injury than can get any worse and it is not stopping him from playing,”Mooney said.

“At the end of the day, he will need surgery and the discussion on when he has it done will take place with Jack, Nathan [coach Brown] and his staff in due course.”

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...ry-until-mitchell-pearce-returns-from-injury/

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything from Meaney to say he will be a starter. I think if we let the Morris boys leave it will be a cut throat preseason with backline positions up for grabs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Does he have a foot issue too? His kicking game was Frawley like...rubbish

First time I have seen him play so may have been off night

Reactions: DT

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should give Lichaa & Foran to the Knights and they can keep Cogger while handing over Pearce

Status
Not open for further replies.