Woods to leave Bulldogs for Sharks immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still don't get it. I can't comprehend the salary cap problems at the dogs. You look at other teams and they have stars all across the park. You look at what the dogs have done in the past 24 months= get rid of rona, graham, reynolds, kasiano, tony williams, moses mbye, aaron woods (i am sure i am missing some) and are still talking about not being able to afford the morris brothers. ??? WTH pretty much the whole team has left, how are we are still struggling with the cap?

Plus can someone explain why Lichaa and Eastwood are still around. And i thought the sharks wanted Tolman?
Agree, how are we still in salary cap dramas, there in nobody left.....unless Klemmer, Jacko and Hoppa are on 2m each

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't care if we're paying 200-300k out of his contract every season.

Good riddance to him. We will be able to find a player that's double his value for half the price we were paying him.

This has to go down as the worst signing our club has ever made and I'm glad his gone from our club.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Club has to come out and say if we are paying for any of his contract.

We had the worst administration in the history of sport recently with Dib castle and Hasler. This lot are not filling me with any confidence either.

Just who are they going to replace him with? There are no decent props left on the market.

Clear out the kitchen drawers people, in a few years time they will be full of spoons.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't care if we're paying 200-300k out of his contract every season.

Good riddance to him. We will be able to find a player that's double his value for half the price we were paying him.

This has to go down as the worst signing our club has ever made and I'm glad his gone from our club.
Why don't you name that player that you think will be such value. There are no such players available.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope our replacements do not consist the likes of Meaney, Cogger, Hippy Hipgrave.....

berriesfan

Waterboy
Reaction score
Haha the Bulldogs price to beat the Knights shortened once his departure was announced. Shows his value or lack.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Sxc_Boi69

I've also bagged out Pay in the past but these problems go beyond him. No other coach could do better with this situation. If the board is moving players on that is too destabilising. I was also worried about his appointment because he did his apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart one of the worst coaches in the game.

Cleary is doing well because he had input into the signings 6 months before 2018 season. Pay has walked into a total mess and was no doubt sold some BS by Dib in regards to the cap situation.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW!! It’s a bloody circus at the moment an we have clowns leaving left right an centre haha..!!

I like this decision by the club an things are starting to happen..things are looking up?? We will soon see!!! But glad to hear he has departed.

See ya woodsy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You've been going in hard on Pay ever since Mbye got exposed for the fraud he is.
I've been going after Pay after seeing how incompetent he's been as a coach despite him happily running his mouth all pre season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Sxc_Boi69

I've also bagged out Pay in the past but these problems go beyond him. No other coach could do better with this situation. If the board is moving players on that is too destabilising. I was also worried about his appointment because he did his apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart one of the worst coaches in the game.

Cleary is doing well because he had input into the signings 6 months before 2018 season. Pay has walked into a total mess and was no doubt sold some BS by Dib in regards to the cap situation.
And that's absolute bullshit. Pay still need to coach and show some ability but so far he has showed absolutely nothing but comple incompetence. Almost every other coach in the NRL would do a better job than him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Club has to come out and say if we are paying for any of his contract.

We had the worst administration in the history of sport recently with Dib castle and Hasler. This lot are not filling me with any confidence either.

Just who are they going to replace him with? There are no decent props left on the market.

Clear out the kitchen drawers people, in a few years time they will be full of spoons.

ummm don't know about that comment to be honest.
We need a clean slate. This could be really good for our future, unless you want 5th-8th finishes for the next twenty years to give us false hope thinking that we are good when we are really shit like the Hasler days.
Making the eight only made Des' stay longer at the dogs.
I want to be a regular top four side, the only way is for a proper rebuild and pay players for what they are worth and NOT overs.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And that's absolute bullshit. Pay still need to coach and show some ability but so far he has showed absolutely nothing but comple incompetence. Almost every other coach in the NRL would do a better job than him.
yeh ok mate, that's good to know

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great news. Well done to the current administration for getting some cap space and working wonders with the mess they inherited. Hopefully now they can somehow work some more magic and rid themselves of Foran once and for all.

Hopefully we can recruit some genuine top line talent in the next year or so instead of buying likely reserve graders from other clubs.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ummm don't know about that comment to be honest.
We need a clean slate. This could be really good for our future, unless you want 5th-8th finishes for the next twenty years to give us false hope thinking that we are good when we are really shit like the Hasler days.
Making the eight only made Des' stay longer at the dogs.
I want to be a regular top four side, the only way is for a proper rebuild and pay players for what they are worth and NOT overs.
U cant just get rid of players like Woods and pay their wages whilst playing against us.

Andrew Hill blatantly lied when he told us that we were no longer be going to contribute to players contracts that had left us. Why lie? Why not just say we can’t do it any other way.

Can’t wait for the phone call from the club at the end of this year asking if I’m renewing my membership. The guy at the other end of the phone might hear some new material.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Consensus is he was not popular but we are an even weaker team without him. What must he think of us... he signed in good faith and almost immediately our stupid Club realised we are somehow over the Cap... so we shop him around. He would have been aware of this early on. What an incentive to play for us.

Here's what I struggle to comprehend : how can we be over the Cap with the squad we have ? We will be really lucky not to get the Spoon this year and in the next few years.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope recruitment staff haven't recently watched "Moneyball" and are hoping to replace Woods with 3 players that are worth him so $0.03c.

Status
Not open for further replies.