Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it mean that hes signed on for few more years then? Mentioned they had to upgrade his deal

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best fucking news!!! Glad to hear it.. been waiting patiently for Lewis to get his call up.

Time to shine an show us what you got Lewy.. good luck.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wish it was Lewis and Cleeland. Even though Cleveland isn’t neseccarily doing anything he may step up in first grade!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Lachlan Lewis will make his NRL debut for the Bulldogs.. Picture: Wesley Monts

Coach Dean Pay will wield the axe on Tuesday afternoon when he names his side to take on the Knights on Saturday in Newcastle.

Young five-eighth Lachlan Lewis, the nephew of league legend Wally Lewis, looks set to make his NRL debut at the expense of Matt Frawley.

Frawley has emerged as the casualty of the Bulldogs’ dismal performance against the Titans at Belmore in round 15.

Frawley’s axing was meant to see Lewis partner Foran in the halves with Jeremy Marshall-King moving into the number nine jumper and hooker Michael Lichaa to come off the bench.

But Foran’s injury means Marshall-King will retain his spot in the halves and Lichaa his spot in the starting side.

Lewis had been pencilled in for his debut since Foran first suffered the toe injury but he required special dispensation by the NRL because he is not part of the top 30 players on the roster at the Bulldogs.

Lachlan is the nephew of the King Wally Lewis. Pi: Peter Wallis
The governing body denied the request saying the Bulldogs had other avenues to cover the loss of Foran.

But Moses Mbye’s departure from Belmore means the club now has the salary cap capacity to meet the requirements needed to add Lewis onto the top 30 roster via a top-up to his contract.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/4dc707f556fc3f53d930129cac8c2ec2

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
JMK was going to be play hooker but Foran’s injury has stopped that. That’s according to the DT article anyway. I’d like to see Cleeland too but he may not be part of our top 30?
Cleeland is rubbish. Him and Frawley are apparently gone at seasons end, and not a minute too soon.

Nu Brown still a while off, but with shithead Lichaa in the #9, I'd much prefer Woolford if he's available to play #9.

Either way allowing for injuries (RFM, JMoz, Brown, Fualalo) and in an ideal world I'd go with:

1. Hoppa
2. BMoz
3. Olive
4. Holland
5. Smith (although most likely Montoya will get the nod)
6. JMK
7. Lewis
8. Woods
9. Woolford
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Martin

14. To'omaga
15. Ogden (replacing Martin / Elliott)
16. Tolman
17. Lichaa / Frawley (yes I know both are shit but we need an option if Woolford tires).

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not expecting miracles I just want to see Lewis have a real hot go and make the 6 or 7 his own.
Agree can’t wait to see how he goes in fg. Also with a top up in his contract I hope that means his signed for next year as well.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does it mean that hes signed on for few more years then? Mentioned they had to upgrade his deal
I hope they have hate to think the hype on him being Wally Lewis nephew if he has a good game. Would like to see him signed first hope that’s been done.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cleeland is rubbish. Him and Frawley are apparently gone at seasons end, and not a minute too soon.

Nu Brown still a while off, but with shithead Lichaa in the #9, I'd much prefer Woolford if he's available to play #9.

Either way allowing for injuries (RFM, JMoz, Brown, Fualalo) and in an ideal world I'd go with:

1. Hoppa
2. BMoz
3. Olive
4. Holland
6. JMK
7. Lewis
8. Woods
9. Woolford
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Martin

14. To'omaga
16. Tolman
17. Lichaa / Frawley (yes I know both are shit but we need an option if Woolford tires).
Cleeland Tries a lot of things but unfortunately makes a lot of mistakes. Hopefully they will let him and Frawley go make room for new talent. Do like JMK at hooker . Defence is sound needs to work on his running a few of his brothers side steps wouldn’t go a stray. Hope the dogs have tied up Lewis big mistake if they haven’t. I heard at belmore from a good source against the Titans they were talking to him.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

CANTERBURY will debut the nephew of league legend Wally Lewis this week against Newcastle.
Foxsports.com.au has been told Lachlan Lewis is poised to make his debut in the halves for the Bulldogs on Saturday.

KNIGHTS V BULLDOGS

Saturday, 5.30pm at McDonald Jones Stadium

Knights: Lachlan Fitzgibbon is out suspended. Mitchell Pearce trained on Monday and could be a smokey inclusion.

Bulldogs: Lachlan Lewis will make his NRL debut in the halves. The Dogs will be without Kieran Foran for the rest of the season, after he succumbed to a toe injury that requires surgery. Raymond Faitala-Mariner suffered a broken hand in the Denver Test and will miss the club’s clash with the Knights.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/9a6334ac342a80f7fb8fb2ccc62aed10

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I feel for the kid coming into 1st grade with all the shit going on and the team in such a poor state, and to top it off being partnered with JMK. What a shit welcome to FG...

Members on here have to realise he isnt the saviour u guys make him out to be.

I hope he kills it and proves me wrong after all the shit I have been giving him over the years. It's good he gets a chance, we have nothing to lose giving these kids a go.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK holds his spot in the halves? Haha fuck off. Pay has had way too many concussions, fuck sake.
And who do you suppose he bring in ?? Frawley has been pathetic all year in attack and his defence!!! lets just say his attack looks amazing compared to his defence..

JMK's attack is terrible also, but at least hes not a turn style .....

So what other options do you have supercoach, please do tell ... this should be good ..

P.S make an attempt at an intelligent comment that doesn't involve slander ...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel for the kid coming into 1st grade with all the shit going on and the team in such a poor state, and to top it off being partnered with JMK. What a shit welcome to FG...

I hope he kills it and proves me wrong after all the shit I have been giving him over the years. It's good he gets a chance, we have nothing to lose giving these kids a go.
I agree with you... he deserves a chance I hope he kills it, be nice to see someone put some life back into this team anything is better than what’s happening now our worst season ever

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Totally right about JMK not having any support play. I would put him on the bench, just because of lack of numbers.
I would give Cleeland a go. Hes not rubbish as some have said. He would step up in FG.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score

1. Hoppa
2. BMoz
3. Olive
4. Holland
6. JMK
7. Lewis
8. Woods
9. Woolford
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Elliott
13. Martin

14. To'omaga
16. Tolman
Is Woolford in top 30? He’s a much better prospect at hooker thank jmk or Lichaa from the games I’ve seen him play in ISP

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s gonna get roasted on here, but I for one like the kid. Reckon he’s a talker and solid defensively. He’s an out and out half.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Totally right about JMK not having any support play. I would put him on the bench, just because of lack of numbers.
I would give Cleeland a go. Hes not rubbish as some have said. He would step up in FG.
I love Cleeland, I honestly believe he is better than Lewis. But unfortunately he will never get a chance to test himself unless frawley and jmk suffer season ending injuries.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Lachlan Lewis will make his NRL debut for the Bulldogs.. Picture: Wesley Monts

Coach Dean Pay will wield the axe on Tuesday afternoon when he names his side to take on the Knights on Saturday in Newcastle.

Young five-eighth Lachlan Lewis, the nephew of league legend Wally Lewis, looks set to make his NRL debut at the expense of Matt Frawley.

Frawley has emerged as the casualty of the Bulldogs’ dismal performance against the Titans at Belmore in round 15.

Frawley’s axing was meant to see Lewis partner Foran in the halves with Jeremy Marshall-King moving into the number nine jumper and hooker Michael Lichaa to come off the bench.

But Foran’s injury means Marshall-King will retain his spot in the halves and Lichaa his spot in the starting side.

Lewis had been pencilled in for his debut since Foran first suffered the toe injury but he required special dispensation by the NRL because he is not part of the top 30 players on the roster at the Bulldogs.

Lachlan is the nephew of the King Wally Lewis. Pi: Peter Wallis
The governing body denied the request saying the Bulldogs had other avenues to cover the loss of Foran.

But Moses Mbye’s departure from Belmore means the club now has the salary cap capacity to meet the requirements needed to add Lewis onto the top 30 roster via a top-up to his contract.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/4dc707f556fc3f53d930129cac8c2ec2
If Lewis is defending in Forans spot we make also fix the problem on our right side next to hoppa like his defence is sound. Foran misses to many tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.