What disappeared in society without people really noticing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
People who know how to drive.

Scratch that. That's something I have definitely noticed.

Some absolute fucktards on the road
Oh it's absolutely crazy isn't it?
What do most people have against driving the posted limit and staying in the flow of traffic?
Morons, I did make a thread on it two years ago.

Edit:this doesn't apply if you identify an uber or taxi in front of you.
I treat uber drivers like Volvo drivers!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Must be working in an old school company, VOIP, don’t need a phone, just hook up headphones to laptop and you are good to go. I am guessing you still have a desktop pc though lol
NSW Government - they like to keep abreast with current trends. That phone is a HD phone. It looks old but is actually fairly new, granted it's the older model. As mention I can speak over the headset/mic but I prefer receiver. We all have laptops with multiple monitors, they don't have desktops anymore. The few that we do have will all be replaced by laptops for mobility/work from home etc...
Okay well landlines phones are dying and u can’t deny that... look at the stats
Perhaps, however I'm sure they will be around for some time yet. Wireless data isn't as error-proof as we need it to be.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Must be working in an old school company, VOIP, don’t need a phone, just hook up headphones to laptop and you are good to go. I am guessing you still have a desktop pc though lol
NSW Government - they like to keep abreast with current trends. That phone is a HD phone. It looks old but is actually fairly new, granted it's the older model. As mention I can speak over the headset/mic but I prefer receiver. We all have laptops with multiple monitors, they don't have desktops anymore. The few that we do have will all be replaced by laptops for mobility/work from home etc...
They are gone.. everyones going mobile and there's no need for voice based landlines really.

Businesses just chuck it over VOIP these days.
What happens to all the NBN infrastructure that the Government allocated billions to?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
phone line rent.
Great.. now you have used the R word you'll awaken the ghost of blue_boost. He doesn't RENT phone lines.. he OWNS phone lines.

I know I'm happy with the NBN (knock on wood, so far only had 1 hiccup which simply resulted in me pinning the reset at the back of the modem to jump-start the services again) and wouldn't want go to another service just yet. I'm able to download far too much than I can handle :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Don't start with me about the bloody NBN... I pay for a 100/40 plan, and this is what I get ... ALL the damn time!!!

upload_2018-5-9_12-20-2.png

Disgraceful!!!! Where is my extra 6.1 Mbps Telstra!!

LOL

Nah I love it... Fibre to the Home, and I can actually get 250/100 if I wanted to fork out $$$$$ more.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Great.. now you have used the R word you'll awaken the ghost of blue_boost. He doesn't RENT phone lines.. he OWNS phone lines.

Don't start with me about the bloody NBN... I pay for a 100/40 plan, and this is what I get ... ALL the damn time!!!

View attachment 5857

LOL

Nah I love it... Fibre to the Home, and I can actually get 250/100 if I wanted to fork out $$$$$ more.
I mean everything is becoming more digital but don't know if the line sockets will disappear right now.

NBN is sooo much better than ADSL in every way, shape and form. I have unlimited data, unlimited local and national phones, unlimited phones calls to mobile phones, line rent included, plus Telstra TV (which I don't use) - $120 per month.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Those little pizza table things that used to adorn all pizzas so they stop the box from collapsing onto the pizza

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I mean everything is becoming more digital but don't know if the line sockets will disappear right now.

NBN is sooo much better than ADSL in every way, shape and form. I have unlimited data, unlimited local and national phones, unlimited phones calls to mobile phones, line rent included, plus Telstra TV (which I don't use) - $120 per month.
RJ12 sockets are slowly being replaced with RJ45 sockets. In our current place the house has 2 "phone" ports from the NBN NTD, but both are RJ45.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cars without electric windows are becoming rarer. One of my relatives from sydney hopped in my car when they came to visit and asked me what the winder knob was in my car.

I can understand why landlines are getting rarer. It comes down to the simple fact that if I can pay $30 for unlimited calls and texts on my mobile, with some data included verse the $30 per month line rental I used to pay for having a lindline before I even thought about making a call. It's just not economical to have a landline for me. If you have a family it might still make sense to have the landline as a utility value thing, but less and less people will see value ijn them unless the service providers give you better value.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pokeman Go and Fidget Spiners died out pretty quickly

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

View attachment 5857

LOL

How are you so shit at shooting games with 2 ping :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Street directories. Don’t think I’ve used one in about 8 years
I find they are handy to own - I bought a big one when I moved to Brisbane 5 years ago (with Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast etc) and still refer to occasionally if thinking of going somewhere new. But its kept in my office (and is in pristine condition), not on my lap in the car like the old days, and i might buy one every ten years or so rather than every few years like we used to. I think those little "pocket" ones people used to have for convenience are long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.