Aaron Woods ‘a shadow’ of James Graham, says Michael Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Woods is a skilful player the opposite to klemmer. At the tigers he would attract 3 or 4 and get the offload away. Havent seen many offloads. Once he gets that going his game should pick up

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Woods is a skilful player the opposite to klemmer. At the tigers he would attract 3 or 4 and get the offload away. Havent seen many offloads. Once he gets that going his game should pick up
I know Woods is an "Offloader" BUT the primary role of a Prop is to dominate the other forward pack and be the guy leading the assault. When that is done we earn the right to pass the ball. It is the dogs fault for looking for the incorrect forward and not Woods. There is no point having a prop with his skills if we haven't won the battle. I think Woods needs to reinvent himself to the role that is required and find some aggression. I thought him coming over and playing with his bum buddy would bring out the best of both, so far it has yielded no such partnership.....I don't understand why they don't challenge themselves and eachother..............they have the ability.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I know Woods is an "Offloader" BUT the primary role of a Prop is to dominate the other forward pack and be the guy leading the assault. When that is done we earn the right to pass the ball. It is the dogs fault for looking for the incorrect forward and not Woods. There is no point having a prop with his skills if we haven't won the battle. I think Woods needs to reinvent himself to the role that is required and find some aggression. I thought him coming over and playing with his bum buddy would bring out the best of both, so far it has yielded no such partnership.....I don't understand why they don't challenge themselves and eachother..............they have the ability.
He does need to roll his sleeves up more dont get me wrong. I think the haircuts affecting him no joke

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He does need to roll his sleeves up more dont get me wrong. I think the haircuts affecting him no joke
Maybe, how times have changed (for the worse) when a Prop is worried about what people say....lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Statistics can be misleading and the way a team is travelling, not just because of one players efforts, can be misleading. Dragons are doing well and winning games, we are not and that in itself can be a factor. Ennis is still salty at the Dogs and is great friends with James Graham therefore his opinion may quite conceivably be skewed. I loved Jimmy at our club but his form was fading towards the end of his stay with us. He was not playing like a player on nearly ( reportedly) a million and the Dragons are not paying all of his wage now.

NRL statistics from Total Footy stats

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/canterbury-bulldogs/aaron-woods#.Wsc7mi5uaM8

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/...e-illawarra-dragons/james-graham#.Wsc73y5uaM9

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But Woods is young and has it all ahead of him....especially if he keeps ambling into the defence to minimise injury risk.

That's a joke.....his offload has been handy and Mick is a knob. A lot of pricks have won grand finals.....a grand final win isn't exactly a character reference :P
Smith, Inglis,Burgess, Slater, ...........

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s funny...... everyone was rightfully smashing Tony Williams for playing shit in early rounds, yet there’s a large majority on here who are justifying his not even mediocre start to the season. It’s as if we’ve recruited to go backwards, dropped Hasler for a un tested coach that apparently has dog DNA and a **** that looks like Sharon over James graham. I mean what was the point.

P.s fuck Ennis. His annoying

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s funny...... everyone was rightfully smashing Tony Williams for playing shit in early rounds, yet there’s a large majority on here who are justifying his not even mediocre start to the season. It’s as if we’ve recruited to go backwards, dropped Hasler for a un tested coach that apparently has dog DNA and a **** that looks like Sharon over James graham. I mean what was the point.

P.s fuck Ennis. His annoying
I don't think anyone is justifying it. We'll, maybe a couple. Most of us think he's a waste of money. Pay probably agrees.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of Starfleets finest, behind Picard and Kirk...could never go for Sisko though...
I liked Sisko. Honestly I'm torn between all the Captains. They all have their different strengths.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't blame Woods to be honest... if the rumours are spot on.
I'm getting a vibe you're insinuating that some players will not get paid TPA's due to the old board being ousted and the new one not being able to find suitable player sponsors?

Surely this can't happen as per their contract (players)?

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is justifying it. We'll, maybe a couple. Most of us think he's a waste of money. Pay probably agrees.
Pay will agree with anything that puts him out of the blame light.
It’s sort of justifying it by having double standards. I mean the money tony Williams was on was never officilaised nor is what woods is on but it’s safe to assume woods by the same rumours heard about Williams that he is on more than Williams. What a fucken waste.
And last night bro, he did the exact same shit he has done every week, knock the fkn ball on the opposition try line. And then he gets up like a fat bitch not caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.