Aaron Woods ‘a shadow’ of James Graham, says Michael Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay will agree with anything that puts him out of the blame light.
It’s sort of justifying it by having double standards. I mean the money tony Williams was on was never officilaised nor is what woods is on but it’s safe to assume woods by the same rumours heard about Williams that he is on more than Williams. What a fucken waste.
And last night bro, he did the exact same shit he has done every week, knock the fkn ball on the opposition try line. And then he gets up like a fat bitch not caring.
But that's the problem. Pay has what he has because of Dib and Des. He has to work with it.

That said, he needs to show his worth now. He needs to dump Woods to the NSW Cup. That'll send a message that it doesn't matter how much you're being paid, you still have to answer for being crap.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But that's the problem. Pay has what he has because of Dib and Des. He has to work with it.

That said, he needs to show his worth now. He needs to dump Woods to the NSW Cup. That'll send a message that it doesn't matter how much you're being paid, you still have to answer for being crap.
Can you please say dub castle and hasler lol. Let’s not not give castle crap as she deserves it as much as the other 2.

Woods does my head in I have no idea why the fuck Hasler in the first place wanted the ****.

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
Woods is a skilful player the opposite to klemmer. At the tigers he would attract 3 or 4 and get the offload away. Havent seen many offloads. Once he gets that going his game should pick up
And how have the tigers gone the last 6 whatever years with woods offloading to one of the most electrifying fullbacks in the game. Fucked. U dont offload until u can bend the line, woods has great stats in his career that have got him by. Anyone that is alot smarter than me could please put up his winning percentage in all games hes played in except for australia and i bet its about the cost of a meat pie.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Statistics can be misleading and the way a team is travelling, not just because of one players efforts, can be misleading. Dragons are doing well and winning games, we are not and that in itself can be a factor. Ennis is still salty at the Dogs and is great friends with James Graham therefore his opinion may quite conceivably be skewed. I loved Jimmy at our club but his form was fading towards the end of his stay with us. He was not playing like a player on nearly ( reportedly) a million and the Dragons are not paying all of his wage now.

NRL statistics from Total Footy stats

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/canterbury-bulldogs/aaron-woods#.Wsc7mi5uaM8

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/...e-illawarra-dragons/james-graham#.Wsc73y5uaM9
In these stats Woods is shown to be performing better than Graham in metres, hit ups and tackles ..but I bet grahams stats when he played for the dogs would have blown woods out of the park.

Graham doesnt need to be doing as much in a better team like St George.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

No it's Pay's responsibility to coach these guys and get the best out of them..
Woods is a good player.
Pay needs to work with him to get him into form.
How is it that we have a bunch of our forwards (Woods, Jackson, Elliott, Taulau & Fualalo) in career worst form.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im going to go out on a limb and say most of our forwards aren't in bad form except for elliot who is fkn shit and jackson who has had a shit start to the year.

If our halves controlled the team around like Widdop and hunt do for example then we wouldnt look as bad. Saints forwards aren't doing anything special whatsoever but Widdop and hunt are telling their forwards where to run and setting up those plays.

Foran is doing all the work while JMk is a spectator. We need a half that will compliment Foran, not afraid to get in and take game by the neck, have a footballing brain on them.

And Mbye needs to learn to follow forwars around and be there incase there is an opportunity for offload.

Jackson to lock as is big must!!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Im going to go out on a limb and say most of our forwards aren't in bad form except for elliot who is fkn shit and jackson who has had a shit start to the year.

If our halves controlled the team around like Widdop and hunt do for example then we wouldnt look as bad. Saints forwards aren't doing anything special whatsoever but Widdop and hunt are telling their forwards where to run and setting up those plays.

Foran is doing all the work while JMk is a spectator. We need a half that will compliment Foran, not afraid to get in and take game by the neck, have a footballing brain on them.

And Mbye needs to learn to follow forwars around and be there incase there is an opportunity for offload.

Jackson to lock as is big must!!!
Totally agree!!!
Except I think Danny Fualalo & Francis Tualau have been terrible this season. Well below their 2017 form.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was Ennis's mum I would have a cake of soap handy at all times to wash his mouth because it is unhygienic to talk shit.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In these stats Woods is shown to be performing better than Graham in metres, hit ups and tackles ..but I bet grahams stats when he played for the dogs would have blown woods out of the park.

Graham doesnt need to be doing as much in a better team like St George.
That's right Wolfie and that is what I meant by how well in comparison the sides are performing. Drags are better than us at the moment and we were believe it or not better than the Tigers in years past.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I liked Sisko. Honestly I'm torn between all the Captains. They all have their different strengths.

Really? Sisko? Lol. Yeah all very different and to each his own, just like anything in life.

I am a classic Star Trek girl having grown up with the likes of Kirk Spock and McCoy. DS9 was a pretty dark show and a bit of a difference from what came before.One the whole I liked the series

I will admit I used to attend Star Trek conventions and got to meet many of the stars of the show, light years different to the characters they portrayed of course. Michael Dorn, George Takei, James Doohan, Walter Koening, Majel Barrett, Mark Lenard, Rene Auberjenois. Missed the really big ones though although I do have autographs from them ( okay don't judge me....) Would have to say the funniest one was George; has a laugh to die for and boy does he love his running. Used to venture out with some of the fans at the convention for a morning run around the streets of Sydney...

Used to really creep me out how some of the fans could not distinguish between the actors and their alter egos though.........

BulldogPete23

New Pup
Reaction score
No it's Pay's responsibility to coach these guys and get the best out of them..
Woods is a good player.
Pay needs to work with him to get him into form.
How is it that we have a bunch of our forwards (Woods, Jackson, Elliott, Taulau & Fualalo) in career worst form.
My better half is a Tigers fan so I watch nearly all of their games. Woods has not been a good player for three years. Yes, is stats are impressive buts because he play big minutes and teams were happy for him to hold him up and let him get extra metres as it slowed the play the ball down. He was the weakest defensive forward in the Tigers pack for two years and that is saying something. He can't defend laterally and his lazy when the other team is winning the ruck.

The worst part about us buying him is that he was the last forward we needed. We needed some quick forwards given our forward pack was already slow. Woods is a very slow forward.

Shocking decision for us to buy him.

It doesn't help that he has a pea for a heart.

He will play 3 good games for us this years as that it was ratio at the Tigers.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, ridiculous to sign Woods for 4 years. I absolutely hate 4 year contracts for any player that isn't a super star player - I reckon there are only about 15 or so players in the whole comp I would consider have earned the right to be trusted to sign on for 4 years. Too many players have a bit of a bludge once they are nice and comfortable on a long contract. If their manager insists they will only sign 4 years or nothing, then so be it. See ya later. It's not worth the risk.

Look at the Raiders on Thursday. Only pulled their thumbs out of their arse after getting a rocket and threats of being dumped. Seizar off contract pulls out a blinder. So many players only really lift and give 100% when they are trying to impress for rep selection or are coming off contract.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck off cereal pest Annus! I agree with Hindy!! fucking grub!!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much what I have been saying all this week. I never wanted Graham gone and we could definitely be using his aggression right now. Wood's has offloads which is great, early days though.
I prefer the off loads from Woodsy and the quick play the balls than the mediocre aggression by a mediocre Captain with the bent finger any day of the week.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of people out there take stats too serious, it's not fantasy football !!!
the only good side of Woods game is his occasional offloads,
He lacks aggression, I have always called him half a boy half a girl !

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I prefer the off loads from Woodsy and the quick play the balls than the mediocre aggression by a mediocre Captain with the bent finger any day of the week.
Ironic thing is that Woods suited Des's style and Graham suits Pay's style....

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My better half is a Tigers fan so I watch nearly all of their games. Woods has not been a good player for three years. Yes, is stats are impressive buts because he play big minutes and teams were happy for him to hold him up and let him get extra metres as it slowed the play the ball down. He was the weakest defensive forward in the Tigers pack for two years and that is saying something. He can't defend laterally and his lazy when the other team is winning the ruck.

The worst part about us buying him is that he was the last forward we needed. We needed some quick forwards given our forward pack was already slow. Woods is a very slow forward.

Shocking decision for us to buy him.

It doesn't help that he has a pea for a heart.

He will play 3 good games for us this years as that it was ratio at the Tigers.
Yeah I haven't watched many West Tigers games.
But he has consistently been selected for NSW & Australia so he must have done something to get selected.

But my point remains. It is the coaches responsibility to get every drop of potential out of the players..
They need to be playing to their ability.
Not like a bunch of pea hearts like they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.