Aaron Woods ‘a shadow’ of James Graham, says Michael Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hmm this is a hard one.. Do I trust a professional footballers opinion or a bunch of arm chair critics whove never played NRL in their lives ?

You guys make me sick

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There goes my lunch...
You can't keep buying your head in the sand, it's counter productive to this forum , Ennis has played alongside these guys making him a credible source.

It's stupid to argue against him it's like arguing with a diagnostic result.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't keep buying your head in the sand, it's counter productive to this forum , Ennis has played alongside these guys making him a credible source.

It's stupid to argue against him it's like arguing with a diagnostic result.
Please, please, please just stop and think about it just a little bit. Reynolds is the godfather of one of his kids - do you really think he isn't going to pump his tyres up every chance he gets. The "bald guy" is a well respected journo who rightly asked him if he had been on the turps in the green room before the show because he was simply talking rubbish. Not only that another current, as opposed to former professional footy player in Luke Lewis said there is no way Brooks can play hooker and just to finish it off Reynolds himself said that there is a world of difference between being a half and being a hooker. do you need any more "professional footballers opinions" to the refer to?

What you can't seem to come to grips with is that Ennis isn't a footballer he is a footy commentator and his sole job is to create interest in football by coming up with comments to get things discussed. The trouble is he hates the dogs so much (and it has to be the team because all the others are gone now) that he takes every opportunity to denigrate the side. It's the Alan Jones effect - you take a spoonfull of fact and mix it with half a tonne of bullshit and then smear it all over whoever your target is. That is why he was attacking Woodsy. It wasn't because he was playing badly; he just wanted to promote is other best mate jammer, who frankly isn't playing anywhere near the level of Woods and will only get worse.

When he played with us I had a lot of time for Ennis, but since he has left he has done nothing but snipe at us from the sidelines and for mine he is an absolute plonker and needs to be ignored.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're welcome convict
Wouldn't be disappointed if I was but sadly I was one of the good guys, now my little wife beater where do your roots lay? I hope you don't say in the ground....

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Please, please, please just stop and think about it just a little bit. Reynolds is the godfather of one of his kids - do you really think he isn't going to pump his tyres up every chance he gets. The "bald guy" is a well respected journo who rightly asked him if he had been on the turps in the green room before the show because he was simply talking rubbish. Not only that another current, as opposed to former professional footy player in Luke Lewis said there is no way Brooks can play hooker and just to finish it off Reynolds himself said that there is a world of difference between being a half and being a hooker. do you need any more "professional footballers opinions" to the refer to?

What you can't seem to come to grips with is that Ennis isn't a footballer he is a footy commentator and his sole job is to create interest in football by coming up with comments to get things discussed. The trouble is he hates the dogs so much (and it has to be the team because all the others are gone now) that he takes every opportunity to denigrate the side. It's the Alan Jones effect - you take a spoonfull of fact and mix it with half a tonne of bullshit and then smear it all over whoever your target is. That is why he was attacking Woodsy. It wasn't because he was playing badly; he just wanted to promote is other best mate jammer, who frankly isn't playing anywhere near the level of Woods and will only get worse.

When he played with us I had a lot of time for Ennis, but since he has left he has done nothing but snipe at us from the sidelines and for mine he is an absolute plonker and needs to be ignored.
Ennis was the only commentator last season laying into Hasler & Dibbie (rightly so), while plonkers like Kent, Rothfield, Hooper and Kennel members such as OD couldn't get Haslers balls out of their mouths.

Everything Ennis has said about the Dogs has been spot fucken on 100%, though he is wrong about suggesting Brooks should go to hooker

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wouldn't be disappointed if I was but sadly I was one of the good guys, now my little wife beater where do your roots lay? I hope you don't say in the ground....
No good guys ever came across the Indian ocean in balls n chains

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis was the only commentator last season laying into Hasler & Dibbie (rightly so), while plonkers like Kent, Rothfield, Hooper and Kennel members such as OD couldn't get Haslers balls out of their mouths.

Everything Ennis has said about the Dogs has been spot fucken on 100%, though he is wrong about suggesting Brooks should go to hooker
He was grinding an axe and trying to protect Reynolds and Graham. BTW if you go through everything those journos wrote instead just making wild comments you will also see where they couldn't work out his tactics and that it was time for him to go. Did I support Hasler - sure did at the start of this season. Why? He and Dib assured us that we were going to play a different brand of footy last year and given his record as a coach and the absence of available options I was prepared to give him a go. But, and probably unlike you (note: "you" because I am replying to you) I am a member and I went to the forum in May and that was when he lost me. It was clear that not only was the bad start to the season not just them adjusting to something new it was that Hasler had no intentions of changing things and that is when he lost me.

It's kind of sad when members of the Kennel come on here all doom and gloom and just keep looking for negatives in everything the club does and then when eventually they get something right they almost rejoice in it. I'd prefer to look for positives than negatives. There are plenty of things that Pay hasn't got right yet but I will keep looking for indicators of improvement.

You love Ennis, you're welcome to him but don't tell me he is either unbiased or not trying to promote a couple of his mates. Them, plus HIS team THE SHARKS.

As for being spot on about the Dogs, was there any allowance made for the fact that Woods had a hamstring strain and didn't play in any trials? No. He's played 100 mins of footy in 4 months and he is expected to be some sort of powerhouse from minute 1. Give me a break. It'll take him a few weeks to hit his stride particularly seeing as he is in a new team. Meanwhile Graham does nothing for the Dragons and Ennis puts him up there on a pedestal. Sure - no agenda here.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think you're misreading his concern for our club as criticism or 'hate' as you put it.

The reason he's talking about the bulldogs is not to create controversy, the controversy was in full swing straight after the shocking loss in round 1 and only intensified when we repeated that in round 2

Don't make out like Ennis is making something out of nothing because you know very well our club is a hot topic at the moment due to many reasons . One of the most controversial points is the woods/graham swap.

Woods was meant to improve our formidable pack but the opposite has happened . Our defence is now almost the worst in the comp whilst st George is close to the best. A topic well worth discussing so don't make out Ennis is making something out of nothing when everyone is already talking about it.

You think I'm backing Ennis because I'm emotionally attached but in this instance it's you that's being emotional and somewhat arrogant presuming he's only rubbishing our club to support his mates .

You have no substance to your opinion about why Ennis is talking about the bulldogs, you are just shutting him down because you assume he hates us.. That's just immature.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Ennis was a shadow of cam smith his whole career needs to stfu. At least woods has a kangaroo jumper

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you're misreading his concern for our club as criticism or 'hate' as you put it.

The reason he's talking about the bulldogs is not to create controversy, the controversy was in full swing straight after the shocking loss in round 1 and only intensified when we repeated that in round 2

Don't make out like Ennis is making something out of nothing because you know very well our club is a hot topic at the moment due to many reasons . One of the most controversial points is the woods/graham swap.

Woods was meant to improve our formidable pack but the opposite has happened . Our defence is now almost the worst in the comp whilst st George is close to the best. A topic well worth discussing so don't make out Ennis is making something out of nothing when everyone is already talking about it.

You think I'm backing Ennis because I'm emotionally attached but in this instance it's you that's being emotional and somewhat arrogant presuming he's only rubbishing our club to support his mates .

You have no substance to your opinion about why Ennis is talking about the bulldogs, you are just shutting him down because you assume he hates us.. That's just immature.
You are starting to bore me now. If all you want to do is ignore every comment he makes and pretend he is doing out of some sort of concern for the club then good for you. You conveniently overlook every piece of fact I give you and just go back to name calling. That's fine, but at least try and have a look at the stats before you come on here telling me that Woods is somehow responsible for our edge defence being found out and that somehow the 30 mins a game that Graham is currently playing is the reason why the Dragons are winning. He wasn't playing with them last year when they did exactly the same thing. In fact the Dragons have been the March premiers for more than a decade and I don't recall Graham being with them then. Anyway this is going nowhere.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis is trying to become an ‘expert opinion’ good luck to him trying to have a career after football. We all know he was a pest on the field and some of his comments are a mirror of that. If his comments fire players up and they perform then ‘keep it up Mick’ I personally think Woods has been ok without being outstanding. I never wanted Graham to leave but that’s fish and chip paper now. I think the side has been a little bit unfairly treated the first game against the storm was far closer then the score line. Last week against the roosters we were off and had no luck. Our forwards need to come off the back fence at pace and hard which will play into Forans direct style.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs prop Aaron Woods defends himself against Michael Ennis' criticism
LEAGUE
  • Parramatta Eels forward Brad Takairangi injured until Round 10 | Tevita Pangai Junior hot on Newcastle's radar for 2019

Woods argued it was taking more time than expected to settle into his new role and Ennis had jumped the gun on his critical views.

‘’We’re only two rounds in, Mick’s working on the show and he’s got to come out with his opinions so if that’s what he thinks it’s up to him,’’ Woods told Sky Sports’ Big Sports Breakfast.

‘’We’re getting a role from our coach that we have to do each week and that’s all I’m trying to do.’’

Familiar to the basic crash and bash football that was required of him at Concord, Woods admitted the new style at Canterbury was seeing mistakes in its early stages, but the playing group is determined to revert back to what has worked in the past – beat the opposition up the guts.

‘’It’s a little bit different the way we’re playing, we probably tried to shift too much last week when we probably should be going forward,’’ he said.

‘’At the Tigers it was more about rolling up the sleeves and just get over the advantage line whereas here we shifted it a fair bit on the weekend and when you reassess the game afterwards, we’ve got a big enough pack to take it towards team.

‘’The role doesn’t change too much as a front-rower, it’s pretty similar at every club. We just have to execute a lot better with what Deano’s (Pay) giving us.’’

Disappointed with the slow start, Pay has already proved he isn’t afraid to experiment, bravely sacking halfback Matt Frawley in favour of booming rookie Jeremy Marshall-King.

Having watched the 22-year-old mature at the Tigers, Woods believes the move can help turn their early season around.

‘’I got to play with him at the Tigers and see how he came through the system – the bloke’s got no fear, he’s outstanding,’’ he said.

‘’He’s just going to take the line on when he gets a chance and distribute the ball to his centres and his wingers.

‘’Over the off-season he’s put on about four of five kilos so he’s gotten a lot bigger and it’s exciting to see Jezza get his first start in first grade.’’

The Bulldogs will battle against an in-form Penrith side on Friday night at ANZ Stadium in search of their first win of the season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-bulldogs-nrl-news/1c65mxy7e6h3p1xoedem400ant

something i found that goes well with this topic

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bulldogs prop Aaron Woods defends himself against Michael Ennis' criticism
LEAGUE
  • Parramatta Eels forward Brad Takairangi injured until Round 10 | Tevita Pangai Junior hot on Newcastle's radar for 2019

Woods argued it was taking more time than expected to settle into his new role and Ennis had jumped the gun on his critical views.

‘’We’re only two rounds in, Mick’s working on the show and he’s got to come out with his opinions so if that’s what he thinks it’s up to him,’’ Woods told Sky Sports’ Big Sports Breakfast.

‘’We’re getting a role from our coach that we have to do each week and that’s all I’m trying to do.’’

Familiar to the basic crash and bash football that was required of him at Concord, Woods admitted the new style at Canterbury was seeing mistakes in its early stages, but the playing group is determined to revert back to what has worked in the past – beat the opposition up the guts.

‘’It’s a little bit different the way we’re playing, we probably tried to shift too much last week when we probably should be going forward,’’ he said.

‘’At the Tigers it was more about rolling up the sleeves and just get over the advantage line whereas here we shifted it a fair bit on the weekend and when you reassess the game afterwards, we’ve got a big enough pack to take it towards team.

‘’The role doesn’t change too much as a front-rower, it’s pretty similar at every club. We just have to execute a lot better with what Deano’s (Pay) giving us.’’

Disappointed with the slow start, Pay has already proved he isn’t afraid to experiment, bravely sacking halfback Matt Frawley in favour of booming rookie Jeremy Marshall-King.

Having watched the 22-year-old mature at the Tigers, Woods believes the move can help turn their early season around.

‘’I got to play with him at the Tigers and see how he came through the system – the bloke’s got no fear, he’s outstanding,’’ he said.

‘’He’s just going to take the line on when he gets a chance and distribute the ball to his centres and his wingers.

‘’Over the off-season he’s put on about four of five kilos so he’s gotten a lot bigger and it’s exciting to see Jezza get his first start in first grade.’’

The Bulldogs will battle against an in-form Penrith side on Friday night at ANZ Stadium in search of their first win of the season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-bulldogs-nrl-news/1c65mxy7e6h3p1xoedem400ant

something i found that goes well with this topic
So from what I take from Woods comments. Despite the Tigers showing us the way to beat Roosters was through middle third, Pay put out a game plan of going wide instead?

Was he trying to double bluff?

Ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.