R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The incessant penalties that referees are blowing for inside the 10 are long overdue. For years we’ve been complaining about offside and now they are blown, everyone gets the shits. All clubs knew about it. The Bulldogs were offside, it’s as simple as that.
The referee didn’t cost Canterbury the match. That’s another easy out. Did they drop ball after ball and hand Souths possession ? That would be no. Did they miss tackles ? Souths scored 4 tries to 2 and deserved their win. They played for 80, the Bulldogs didn’t.
Last year Canterbury couldn’t score in the first 40, this year they can’t in the second half. They seem content to protect a lead. They did it last week, and only just hung on. Penrith got a shocking obstruction rule go against them, they lost by 2.
It’s called the rub of the green.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Touché but I’d prefer to give him a crack and see what he offers in bulldogs colours than persist with Eastwood who we know won’t be here next year.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We suck...

At least I have a free pass from wifey to get drunk!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy to forgive a rookie, especially one from memory that didn't miss a single tackle last season. Circumstances also made things difficult. If he makes these errors everu time he plays, then it's an issue.
Fair play mate, circumstances dictated he got more minutes, that clearly wasn't the plan, so I'm sure some slack is given.

Also, what's a "rookie" - 1st season yeah?

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rabbitohs deserved that win. Bulldogs came out real fast but, really dropped the energy in the 2nd.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fair play mate, circumstances dictated he got more minutes, that clearly wasn't the plan, so I'm sure some slack is given.

Also, what's a "rookie" - 1st season yeah?
A rookie to me is a player without atleast a full year of firstgrade experience. So about 24 games?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes we got raped by that **** Cummings.
But shit it is stressful watching our team, we play dumb so often.

But what can be done to make our team better?

I don't think this Sezer thing is real, but I do think we need another option than Foran on every 5th tackle. If we can get Sezer please get him.

Can we let Tolman go before the end if the season? Forward depth is not great.

Why are Elliott & Tualau playing first grade. They are not first grade standard!!

Lichaa's passing & service from dummy half is very poor!

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish..

Both Mr Tigers and Mr Roosters supporter would have been royally fucked off had their side copped the calls and loss we did today.

Even Kaz agreed we got ripped off.
Nah, I agree there were some real rough calls for the Dogs but, that doesn't excuse their defence in that last 20. A better team wouldn't have let in 3 tries late in the game. When Foran kicked that goal to go up 6, they should have finished the Rabbits off. The penalty count wasn't that lopsided, especially in the last quarter.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Disagree dogs were better souths got lucky
In the first half, yeah I agree. Not in the second. Souths just ran hard and straight and got down the field too easy.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A rookie to me is a player without atleast a full year of firstgrade experience. So about 24 games?
The other way to look at it Tualau got a massive opportunity with big minutes today but failed miserably

Especially the miss tackle for the last try

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would he be dropped? He did exactly what his employers aka betting agencies, wanted.
When the commentators point out such a howler greenburg will take action. Same as tiger broncs fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.