Situation: What would you do? (Guys and girls opinions)

Who is at fault in this situation?

• - The husband, for not putting his wife in line?

• - The wife, who should know better?

• - Society and Social Media in general for endorsing this type of behavior?

• - Both of them for not communicating properly to set boundaries in their marriage

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ummm, that's advertising. That's all she's doing there. A post like that with a shot like that is her just saying, "If you want a butt like mine then buy these products"

I have no idea how you sexualise that. Are you sure it's not just you objectifying the women?
I'm almost certain. Watch this space...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not so much insecure. He's married and has kids. The problem is the woman objectifying herself, it's lack of self respect more than anything else.
It is insecurity. It just seems they're not right for each other

Especially if he has said to her that she lacks self respect, to hear something like that from your partner would be quite an insult

Wahesh

Reaction score
It is insecurity. It just seems they're not right for each other

Especially if he has said to her that she lacks self respect, to hear something like that from your partner would be quite an insult
Mate the truth hurts.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The only one that lacks any respect in this story is the ultra conservative, insecure & controlling husband. The wife has done nothing that countless millions of other mothers and wives do everyday, upload a few totally harmless selfies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Posting public selfies aren't that big of an issue unless the husbands jealousy and a lack of trust made it one. She could have been more accommodating to his insecurities and lack of trust in her. But so too could he have been more forgiving of her doing what countless other men and women do. I doubt the selfies were the whole reason the marriage broke down. I'd say it's a convenient way to place the blame at the end of it all though.

As far as it goes it's a pretty tame thing to post a fully clothed picture of yourself online. I've got a mate who's offered threeways with his girl a few times, another mate who has an open relationship with his girl where occasionally she'll talk other women into bed with them in exchange she has free reign to sleep with other men which he doesn't want to be around for. And I don't have a big circle of friends so this kind of thing is probably pretty common really. I personally think it's a bit messed up to want to share someone you are committed to, but I won't judge what others feel is acceptable.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
What he said to her lacks self respect?

I think it also lacks respect for her.
What he said to her lacks self respect?

I think it also lacks respect for her.
What he said to her was the painful truth - the content of her use of social media lacks self respect, meaning she's not showing self respect for herself by posting this stuff up.

As far as he lacking respect for her... well it's the truth. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have brought this up. He obviously cares about her and loves her if he speaks up about it instead of letting it slide and not caring.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What he said to her was the painful truth - the content of her use of social media lacks self respect, meaning she's not showing self respect for herself by posting this stuff up.

As far as he lacking respect for her... well it's the truth. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have brought this up. He obviously cares about her and loves her if he speaks up about it instead of letting it slide and not caring.
Caring and respect are two different things. If I care about someone so much that I lock them in a cage their whole life so they can never be hurt. That's caring, but it's not very respectful.

I haven't see you mentioning her posting anything that would be considered disrespectful to her or her partner. You're making it sound like she was posting naked photos of herself and asking for sex. From what I can understand without seeing the photos, it sounds like she's just posting tasteful shots of herself and the husband and yourself are blowing it way out of proportion.

I also agree with what others are saying. There's no way this was the sole cause of the divorce.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Posting public selfies aren't that big of an issue unless the husbands jealousy and a lack of trust made it one. She could have been more accommodating to his insecurities and lack of trust in her. But so too could he have been more forgiving of her doing what countless other men and women do. I doubt the selfies were the whole reason the marriage broke down. I'd say it's a convenient way to place the blame at the end of it all though.

As far as it goes it's a pretty tame thing to post a fully clothed picture of yourself online. I've got a mate who's offered threeways with his girl a few times, another mate who has an open relationship with his girl where occasionally she'll talk other women into bed with them in exchange she has free reign to sleep with other men which he doesn't want to be around for. And I don't have a big circle of friends so this kind of thing is probably pretty common really. I personally think it's a bit messed up to want to share someone you are committed to, but I won't judge what others feel is acceptable.
She was clothed? Well than who cares..non-issue.. as long as they look and don’t touch..her that is.I don’t care if they wanna touch themselves..lol! If they are getting a divorce because of this there’s more problems in the marriage.. If it’s the sole reason it’s pretty dumb..

However I’d find it a bit iffy if she was posting nude selfies.. I’d blame her for the break-up..but I wouldn’t put her in ‘line’..I’d just think she was a weirdo and leave her..:blush:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She was clothed? Well than who cares..non-issue.. as long as they look and don’t touch..her that is.I don’t care if they wanna touch themselves..lol! If they are getting a divorce because of this there’s more problems in the marriage..

However I’d find it a bit iffy though if she was posting nude selfies.. I’d blame her for the break-up..but I wouldn’t put her in ‘line’..I’d just think she was a weirdo and leave her..:blush:
Can you even do nude stuff on Instagram? I would have thought it has the same policies as FB, since its owned by them?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you even do nude stuff on Instagram? I would have thought it has the same policies as FB, since its owned by them?
Good question..I’m sure they don’t..only twitter as far as I know..I’ve checked..lol!

Hey I must point out that i blamed the women in the survey above because I thought they were nude selfies.. Now I realise the survey is in itself flawed as it doesn’t allow scope to vote on the dickiness of the husband!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well... there's only one way to find out.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Instagram policy re nudity:

"We know that there are times when people might want to share nude images that are artistic or creative in nature, but for a variety of reasons, we don’t allow nudity on Instagram. This includes photos, videos, and some digitally-created content that show sexual intercourse, genitals, and close-ups of fully-nude buttocks. It also includes some photos of female nipples, but photos of post-mastectomy scarring and women actively breastfeeding are allowed. Nudity in photos of paintings and sculptures is OK, too.

People like to share photos or videos of their children. For safety reasons, there are times when we may remove images that show nude or partially-nude children. Even when this content is shared with good intentions, it could be used by others in unanticipated ways. You can learn more on our"

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if her Instagram account was private and only her friends and family could see it? I personally don't get what the big deal is.

I'm of the opinion that if you're going to get divorced (or even argue) over something so trivial as taking selfies and posting it Instragram (especially a mum who went from a baby bod back to a hot-bod) you probably should get divorced anyway tbh.

Also my wife and I haven't had kids, but most of our friends have/are and most of these new mums are giving us daily updates on their diet / routine on how to get their old bod (which includes funky yoga positions/ass shots etc) back so it's not like this is 'uncommon'.

If she had tinder - that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.