BULLDOGS TRIO TO TAKE OVER FROM COACH DES HASLER IN 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
like i said a potential super coach or a gun player sitting outside watching this unfold would be thinking exactly how i am thinking.

Dogs are signing me up for this much money for next 4 years , club X is offering my a little less on a 3 year deal...... who should i choose? hmmm..... fuck the crooks, i know what they did with Des.
Nope nope nope

Any player who believes that is a fool and deserves what's coming their way.

Professional sports is not like other occupations , it has different conditions that it runs under

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No.

Every single coach/manager in any professional sport knows their contract value and security depends on the expected level of progression at that sporting instituion.

They all also know they are in a unique employment and that there aren't many spots going around and hence at any time can be sacked and not get the full value of their contract and may not be able to find a job for a long time

As an example Rafa Benitez achieved quite a lot for over a decade but then he was sacked and he resorted to building a website to try and find another job because there were none available and his reputation had taken a big hit.

It's the nature of managerial positions in sports. It's expected of that kind of employment
so you are saying signing a legally binding contract is basically signing on toilet paper?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Maybe we should counter sue Hasler for the fraud that he is.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
so you are saying signing a legally binding contract is basically signing on toilet paper?
Nope there's conditions on it and clubs can break that agreement at a later date in creative ways

I follow European football and have for a long time. Here's some interesting cases-

• Clubs have sold players and paid other clubs to top off the weekly salary for that player as the buying club can't afford the salary the player was on
  • Players have run out their contracts playing in reserve grade because the club no longer wanted them
  • Clubs have cancelled contracts for very minor things
  • Clubs have sold players to other clubs where the player earns less
Basically every contract has a get out of gaol card both for the club and the player or manager.

You need to keep in mind that the media reporting on this

1. Love des, according to many of them he was doing a good job and it was our players fault before he got sacked. They even would have given des credit for the last 3 games if lichaa hadn't have said he ignored des

2. The media hate our club

3. NO ONE KNOWS THE CONTRACT BETWEEN OUR CLUB AND DES EXCEPT FOR THE PARTIES INVOLVED

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zee, I have every respect for you, I have enjoyed your posts for years, but I think you are jumping the gun on this one, it is entirely possible that the only option on the table for des to sign earlier this year was with inclusion in hoa of top 8 clause for this year. At that time everyone involved would have assumed that clause would not be invoked, but possible. We may never know the finer details.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Dean Ritchie can eat a dick , Hasler should be Fkn fined for his retarded use of the salary cap , fuk des , we did the dragqueens a favour

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with you here, no one on here let alone the media know the details of his contract so to just jump to the conclusion that he signed a legitimate contract and the club is just backing out is nonsense. There obviously must have been some conditions not met or the club would have zero grounds to claim that is non binding. I find it fascinating the day raelene castle resigned everyones hate directed to dib. Before that everything was dumped on castle
And now haslers gone some people are claiming poor des and blaming Dib again. It just goes round and round in circles.
At the beginning of the year i was constantly defending des, but as the year went on the situation became worse and worse and it was clear to even me that he was not the right coach for us.
At this same time everyone was flogging the des haye like a dead horse, and now some of those same people are claiming poor des. Its just bloody rediculous.
Dib had no other option but to sack des, and regardless of the fallout i applaud him for this. It was the best decision for the club, and it had to be made. If des suffers because of it, then so be it.
But like you said, im sure the club has a reason to think they can manage to not pay him out.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope there's conditions on it and clubs can break that agreement at a later date in creative ways

I follow European football and have for a long time. Here's some interesting cases-

• Clubs have sold players and paid other clubs to top off the weekly salary for that player as the buying club can't afford the salary the player was on
  • Players have run out their contracts playing in reserve grade because the club no longer wanted them
  • Clubs have cancelled contracts for very minor things
  • Clubs have sold players to other clubs where the player earns less
Basically every contract has a get out of gaol card both for the club and the player or manager.

You need to keep in mind that the media reporting on this

1. Love des, according to many of them he was doing a good job and it was our players fault before he got sacked. They even would have given des credit for the last 3 games if lichaa hadn't have said he ignored des

2. The media hate our club

3. NO ONE KNOWS THE CONTRACT BETWEEN OUR CLUB AND DES EXCEPT FOR THE PARTIES INVOLVED
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ury-bulldogs-ceo-ray-dib-20170728-gxl1l6.html

JULY 28 2017
PRINT
LICENSE ARTICLE
'We are not looking to sack Des Hasler' says Canterbury Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib

Canterbury chairman Ray Dib has defended the decision to re-sign Des Hasler until the end of 2019 and has declared "we are not looking to sack" the embattled coach.

The Bulldogs are officially out of playoff contention after Friday night's loss to Penrith, marking the first time since 2011 they won't feature in the finals. The club sacked Kevin Moore after that failed campaign and the pressure is on Hasler after a disappointing campaign.
"Des has signed a new two-year deal, a new contract extension. There have been no other discussions that have taken place on his future since he signed a contract with the board.

"You hear these rumours and innuendo, but I'm telling you they are just rumours. People will say 'I've heard it from this bloke inside or this director', but I can assure you there has been no discussion from the leagues club or football club board of directors."

Hasler has overseen the NRL's most impotent attack, ranked behind even last-placed Newcastle. Unless there is a marked turnaround in the final five rounds, Hasler is on track to post his worst year as a head coach.

LEAGUE HQ NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and updates emailed straight to your inbox.

Dib defended the decision to hand Hasler a new two-year contract in April.

"We took our time, we didn't rush into it," Dib said.

"We did our due diligence, we spoke to everyone concerned at the time and signed a two-year contract. We won't deviate from that for now.

"What we have to do now is stick together, stick tight and finish the year strongly."

Asked if he could guarantee Hasler will see out his new deal, Dib said: "He signed a new two-year contract and we've had no further discussions about his future since he signed.

"We took our time, we didn't rush into signing the contract. I believe we have the right corporate governance in place to review things as due.

"At the end of the season we will sit down and review. We're disappointed, we'll talk to the players and the coaching staff and see what has gone wrong and how we can fix it going forward to next year."

==========================================================

I rest my case

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone summarise what's happened with Hasler and dib? I cannot be fucked reading and finding out for myself lol.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
did Des put a gun on clubs head to re-sign him on multi million dollars deal?

If a stupid person comes to you and gives you a million dollar just to show up at work for next 2 years and do nothing, you would be doing back flips for this jack pot and laughing all the way to the bank. you would leave your current job and wont even think twice.

now you are in 4th month of your 2 year multi million dollar deal and the same stupid person realises his stupidity and tells you to fuck off and you wont get a cent what he promised you which made you not only do back flips but you resigned and left your regular job cos of that , tell me you would be pissed off to your core?

the club has suffered for years cos Des was given too much power and too much money for doing nothing and on top HE WAS RE-SIGNED FOR 2 MORE YEAR ON MORE MONEY.

I spit on money mate, but I do hold my values and principles on keeping a contract more than anything.
First of all, he wasnt 4 months into a contract. In fact his current contract doesnt even expire until october. And i feel like im beating my head against a brick wall here, so forgive me if dont reapond again, but how do you know there was no performance clause????!!!!!! Like seriously, how many times do i have to say this?? And when will people stop believing everything they read in the paper? Especially when its only a journalists opinion. And especially when said journalist is one of haslers pals.
Like i said before, you have been one of haslers biggest critics and now your defending him. Please. Give me a break mate. Its all honor and integrity, and fullfilling a contract etc etc. You have no idea what was in his contract so therfore you have no idea who is getting fucked. If there was a performance clause and des is now trying to sue the bulldogs, then it is the bulldogs who are getting fucked. So why arent you defending the poor ol bulldogs.
And the whole time you were bagging hasler and calling for him to be sacked you had no consideration for his contract then.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ury-bulldogs-ceo-ray-dib-20170728-gxl1l6.html

JULY 28 2017
PRINT
LICENSE ARTICLE
'We are not looking to sack Des Hasler' says Canterbury Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib

Canterbury chairman Ray Dib has defended the decision to re-sign Des Hasler until the end of 2019 and has declared "we are not looking to sack" the embattled coach.

The Bulldogs are officially out of playoff contention after Friday night's loss to Penrith, marking the first time since 2011 they won't feature in the finals. The club sacked Kevin Moore after that failed campaign and the pressure is on Hasler after a disappointing campaign.
"Des has signed a new two-year deal, a new contract extension. There have been no other discussions that have taken place on his future since he signed a contract with the board.

"You hear these rumours and innuendo, but I'm telling you they are just rumours. People will say 'I've heard it from this bloke inside or this director', but I can assure you there has been no discussion from the leagues club or football club board of directors."

Hasler has overseen the NRL's most impotent attack, ranked behind even last-placed Newcastle. Unless there is a marked turnaround in the final five rounds, Hasler is on track to post his worst year as a head coach.

LEAGUE HQ NEWSLETTER

"We did our due diligence, we spoke to everyone concerned at the time and signed a two-year contract. We won't deviate from that for now.

"What we have to do now is stick together, stick tight and finish the year strongly."

Asked if he could guarantee Hasler will see out his new deal, Dib said: "He signed a new two-year contract and we've had no further discussions about his future since he signed.

"We took our time, we didn't rush into signing the contract. I believe we have the right corporate governance in place to review things as due.

"At the end of the season we will sit down and review. We're disappointed, we'll talk to the players and the coaching staff and see what has gone wrong and how we can fix it going forward to next year."

I rest my case
If that's what you rest your case on, you're a pretty shit lawyer

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And now haslers gone some people are claiming poor des and blaming Dib again. It just goes round and round in circles.
At the beginning of the year i was constantly defending des, but as the year went on the situation became worse and worse and it was clear to even me that he was not the right coach for us.
At this same time everyone was flogging the des haye like a dead horse, and now some of those same people are claiming poor des. Its just bloody rediculous.
Dib had no other option but to sack des, and regardless of the fallout i applaud him for this. It was the best decision for the club, and it had to be made. If des suffers because of it, then so be it.
But like you said, im sure the club has a reason to think they can manage to not pay him out.

Des is only going to lose financially, we will lose respect and potential big name coaches and players signings.

pay him what he rightfully deserves and restore some honour and pride.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If that's what you rest your case on, you're a pretty shit lawyer

hence my comparison with the slimy , rotten, fraud insurance companies, who got away with paying nothing to the brisbane flood victims.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with what you saying in that there maybe a clause of a top 8 finish in 2017 being in the heads of agreement. If this was the case, I see this as the only way legally and more importantly ethically reason for not paying out Hasler. But if this is not the case and this is a tactic to settle out of court for less, then Dib is a disgrace and the Bulldogs as a club will have lost their soul on his direction.
Well as far as im concerned he should settle for less. Even if there is a contract, paying out the entirety of the contract when the person contracted is doing nothing in return is bullshit anyway. It should more closely resemble a divorce settlement and the contracted person gets half. Half pay for doing nothing seems pretty fair to me.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

JULY 28 2017
PRINT
LICENSE ARTICLE

LEAGUE HQ NEWSLETTER

I rest my case

So what you are saying is that no-one lies to the media.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
hence my comparison with the slimy , rotten, fraud insurance companies, who got away with paying nothing to the brisbane flood victims.
I can't even be bothered posting it, just see my profile picture

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
First of all, he wasnt 4 months into a contract. In fact his current contract doesnt even expire until october. And i feel like im beating my head against a brick wall here, so forgive me if dont reapond again, but how do you know there was no performance clause????!!!!!! Like seriously, how many times do i have to say this?? And when will people stop believing everything they read in the paper? Especially when its only a journalists opinion. And especially when said journalist is one of haslers pals.
Like i said before, you have been one of haslers biggest critics and now your defending him. Please. Give me a break mate. Its all honor and integrity, and fullfilling a contract etc etc. You have no idea what was in his contract so therfore you have no idea who is getting fucked. If there was a performance clause and des is now trying to sue the bulldogs, then it is the bulldogs who are getting fucked. So why arent you defending the poor ol bulldogs.
And the whole time you were bagging hasler and calling for him to be sacked you had no consideration for his contract then.

no all that time i was asking him NOT TO BE RE-SIGNED!

I did want him sack, even though i knew the stupid baord re-signed him for 2 years on a multi million dollar deal.

I NEVER WANTED THE BOARD TO STEAL HIS MONEY!

how many times do I have to tell you this? talk about talking to a brick wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.