BULLDOGS TRIO TO TAKE OVER FROM COACH DES HASLER IN 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter isn't a coach. He failed at the Tigers.

Then again... we are talking about the Tigers. Hmmm...
at the time the tigers were the knights. Even bennett failed at the knights

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would be happy to welcome back Kevin Moore as the football manager. Not only did he build the 12 team single handedly (from which Hasler benifitted greatly from) he rebuilt the club twice (09 & 12) with quality signings.

For mine he almost never made a dud call in terms of player retention and recruitment. Compare that to Hasler and cleal who seemed to be trying their best to keep talent away.

Say what you want about his coaching ability but without Moore I doubt des would have gone anywhere near the top of the table in 12 had he assembled the roster himself.
I agree with you 100% mate. Moore wasn't a good coach but he was sure good at recruiting players. I reckon he should be a recruitment officer along with Warren McDonald. Also I think price should be football manager.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Potter did not fail at the Tigers. He was going OK until someone in the team didnt like what he was doing. The same guy got rid of Taylor and Macguire.
If I'm following correctly, Taylor was a Karmichael and got rid of him!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs look set to return to their roots and appoint a trio of former players to take over from Des Hasler.

Much of the criticism levelled at Hasler was borne out of the argument he didn’t have that infamous “Bulldogs DNA”.

But that’s about to change with the Canterbury club looking to Dean Pay, Mick Potter and Jim Dymock to take over the coaching duties for 2018.

“I think it’ll be Dean Pay, Mick Potter and Jim Dymock ... there’ll be three former Bulldogs there all with great history at the club,” Monday Bunker’s Dean Ritchie said.

“Pay will be head coach and Dymock and Potter will be his assistants.

“They wanted Bulldogs DNA and they’ve got it.”

Hasler’s divorce with Belmore club are heading for a messy and public divorce in the courts and Monday Bunker host Paul Crawley says Hasler’s treatment was ‘un-Australian’.

“It’s un-Australian, it’s not so much about the fact they felt like it was time to make a change but they conned us all saying Des had a new two year deal,” he said.

“He may of well had the Saints job before they re-signed Paul McGregor.”

Daily Telegraph journalist Dean Ritchie agreed saying the handling of his sacking was “appalling” and Canterbury should pay Hasler what he is owed.

“I think it was appalling, pay the man what he’s owed,” he said.

“You sign him, you announce it, you put a release out and then you try to dud him.

“The family club has gone to pot. It’s a disgraceful exhibition of pure and utter greed from Canterbury.

“Don’t try to worm out of it like a weasel.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...8/news-story/e25e80a457b99302b5c43957ceefb03f
Dean Ritchie and Paul Crawley and the NEWS LTD organization, you are the worm (the white ant) the desease that is eating up rugby league, it is your continues negative reporting of the game that is destroying it, for years your organization cheated the salary cap while owning Melbourne, and yes you did give up your cheating trophies but that was only a slap on the wrist,
in reality your organization should have faced criminal charges especially for cheating while being half owners of the game it self.
When Canterbury supported you in your supper league war you never attempted to replace their lost players, and when they rebelled and supported South and refused to sign for their demise, you raged your own war against Canterbury and wanted to destroy or relocated them, you hate us and we know it, we know from the people that works for you, I can't help but feel your hatred towards us is racially and politically driven and you know exactly what I mean.
Hasler was unconditionally trusted to control all football maters by Canterbury in 2012, that year we become miner premiers in all grades, since we have declined to stragglers in all grades, our retention and releasing of players is nothing short of disaster, our attacking style has become the worst in the games history, we've become the joke of the league and of course it's to your delight
Once again you attack our club and call our actions un-Australian, yet it's nowhere near what your club Melbourne has done or other clubs do but all you do is come up with excuses for them.
You say we conned you by announcing Haslers resigning, tell me are you acting on behalf of Hasler ?
or is he secretly employed by you to destroy our club ?
I think it time you used your real name...Lies Unlimited !

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern in reading this is the authority the new coach will have in choosing his support staff and in recruitment.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tell Manly fans it's un-Australian. As they say what comes around, goes around.
Manly fans forget that Des had a contract with Manly for 2012 but let him go because he signed as our coach for 2013. We had every right to approach him for 2013. It's not our fault that their board terminated the contract early. Did Manly pay him compensation for breaking that contract?

Blue47

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am looking forward to next year with renewed hope just like all Dogs fans but I have some doubts.I have a question though that I hope can be answered by some more knowledgeable fans out there.Dean Pay's resume as an NRL coach includes (not including NSW Under 20's) being Stuart's Assistant @ Parra in '13 and @ Raiders in '17 (neither team made the 8).Teflon Dymock has been assistant at Dogs for a long time (how is his record not under closer scrutiny ) and Potter was sacked from his last coaching gig.How does this translate to an upward trend in our performances in '18?In case someone throws the 'Dogs of War" catchphrase at me , the game has moved on since the 80's and 90's.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Potter did not fail at the Tigers. He was going OK until someone in the team didnt like what he was doing. The same guy got rid of Taylor and Macguire.
Who Crowe? When did he buy the Wests Tigers?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
sonny bill should be an assistant if he retires as well, another great bulldog player

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck Hasler
In ordinary circumstances I'd say Pay Des what he is owed

But let's be honest
He took our club for a ride,

Des owes us,

He was on how much for how long and delivered nothing

He inherited a squad that made him look good at the start
But he destroyed that and we only went backwards under his time,

He owes us fuck him and his payout

Oh, and I approve of the 3 ex dogs mentioned
Fuck @liljohny for giving my post a questionable without giving a reply and reason and convesation

Mate if you think my post is questionable that's fine
That's the idea of this forum to have discussion
I can cop a questionable
But at least man up and explain why or what you find questionable so as men we can discuss it

Hit and run with a questionable without a reply I find weak and bitchy

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fmd, get the violins out for Hasler. Now its un-australian.

Yes it was wrong what they did but he got plenty from the club.

I wonder what the next sob story will be, last week it was about Haslers wedding anniversary now its un-australian.
"Un-Australian" is the first accusation always hurled by the American media baron's rag. Somehow the American citizen, Murdoch, thinks this is the killer comment when facts are missing from his comics.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking forward to next year with renewed hope just like all Dogs fans but I have some doubts.I have a question though that I hope can be answered by some more knowledgeable fans out there.Dean Pay's resume as an NRL coach includes (not including NSW Under 20's) being Stuart's Assistant @ Parra in '13 and @ Raiders in '17 (neither team made the 8).Teflon Dymock has been assistant at Dogs for a long time (how is his record not under closer scrutiny ) and Potter was sacked from his last coaching gig.How does this translate to an upward trend in our performances in '18?In case someone throws the 'Dogs of War" catchphrase at me , the game has moved on since the 80's and 90's.
Mate seriously...at least they're all doggies and know what the club used to be about. All we need is some pride back in the jersey and some belief back in the club...CLUB being the imperative word. Rugby league is not rocket science....belief pride and some old school tough love, The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs are back in 2018 for sure!

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck des. After last year when we got smacked by the panthers in the semi everybody knew change was needed. Change was promised and it clearly didnt happen.
Shouldnt have been resigned him obviously but he doesnt deserve to walk away with a cent.
I mentioned in another post that he gives 2 fucks about us and it shows when he is sitting in the coaches box all zombie like.
Also, i know its harsh but i dont give a fuck about a guy losing his job when he owns mansions, lives on the northern beaches and earns millions per year....
NO SYMPATHY FROM 99% OF US
FUCK HIM
YEA FUCK HIM!!!!

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And like i said, if he has been robbed then so be it, the courts can decide this.
Workers have everything stacked in their favour in australia. Its very difficult to sack someone. So im sure this will prevail in court if need be. So who cares. Its not up to us to decide. And the other alternative was to honour his contract for the next two years. What would you rather? If you say honour the contract then your lyeing, and if your feeling sorry for him then thats a little bit rediculous too in my opinion.
BS ..... the alternative was to react properly in April and to wait rather than overreacting and sign him up. It was a dumb move by the club in April. If they thought it through properly they would have waited. They overreacted shot their mouths off ... thus the current problem.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How do you or anyone else here know that Des wasn't paid a cent?

I get it a lot of people are angry with the board. Looking at it in hindsight they did most things correctly.

Des was initially given full control.

After 2016 that control was taken away and a year to show some signs of progression

No progression was shown, a lot of players were no longer responding to the coach.
You've spent 10 million on these players, do you then let go of all the players or the coach?

The coach has looked for bargain basement deals and hasn't succeeded in turning them into good players (because the potential just wasn't there)

You've got a coach who rates tolman the best prop in the game, the same prop who can't crack rep footy

Sacking always happen in the world of professional sport and if you genuinely think that nothing was paid then I don't think you actually understand the relationship between coaches, the clubs and contracts
Holy crap. What planet are you from? Clean you ears out. Dib said he won't be paid (not that I believe everything he says) and Desball has engaged his lawyers, QLD-Dog QC and Mr Invisible and Silva to represent him.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nope there's conditions on it and clubs can break that agreement at a later date in creative ways

I follow European football and have for a long time. Here's some interesting cases-

• Clubs have sold players and paid other clubs to top off the weekly salary for that player as the buying club can't afford the salary the player was on
  • Players have run out their contracts playing in reserve grade because the club no longer wanted them
  • Clubs have cancelled contracts for very minor things
  • Clubs have sold players to other clubs where the player earns less
Basically every contract has a get out of gaol card both for the club and the player or manager.

You need to keep in mind that the media reporting on this

1. Love des, according to many of them he was doing a good job and it was our players fault before he got sacked. They even would have given des credit for the last 3 games if lichaa hadn't have said he ignored des

2. The media hate our club

3. NO ONE KNOWS THE CONTRACT BETWEEN OUR CLUB AND DES EXCEPT FOR THE PARTIES INVOLVED
Then why the farkkk are you commenting on something you have no knowledge of? You should change your name to Captain Ridiculous.
I agree with what you saying in that there maybe a clause of a top 8 finish in 2017 being in the heads of agreement. If this was the case, I see this as the only way legally and more importantly ethically reason for not paying out Hasler. But if this is not the case and this is a tactic to settle out of court for less, then Dib is a disgrace and the Bulldogs as a club will have lost their soul on his direction.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And now haslers gone some people are claiming poor des and blaming Dib again. It just goes round and round in circles.
At the beginning of the year i was constantly defending des, but as the year went on the situation became worse and worse and it was clear to even me that he was not the right coach for us.
At this same time everyone was flogging the des haye like a dead horse, and now some of those same people are claiming poor des. Its just bloody rediculous.
Dib had no other option but to sack des, and regardless of the fallout i applaud him for this. It was the best decision for the club, and it had to be made. If des suffers because of it, then so be it.
But like you said, im sure the club has a reason to think they can manage to not pay him out.
Farrkkk me are you serious. Dib had a choice....he didnt have to sign him in April.......

Status
Not open for further replies.