CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because it's not des
True, but i wouldn't be getting excited over him like some people. He hasn't exactly done anything of note and has followed around Stuart who has hardly been successful other than last season.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be stupid. Dean Pay has not been announced as head coach 3 hours after Ray Dib said in an interview on the official website that we have yet to speak to any candidates.
That's exactly how the dogs work lol

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad Arthur, Trent Robinson, Paul Green, Shane Flannagan and even Michael Macguire. Were they great assistant coaches? Serious question.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I'm not keen on Pay, dunno why everyone is so set on him but whatever.
Not saying he is good or bad as he is unknown in the coaching department, but has served a pretty healthy apprenticeship. Why are you not keen on him? I'm more interested in finding out who the new fitness staff are going to be.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't find the article anywhere? Is this true? PS wolfmother how long have you supported the dogs? Pay was a great bulldog. Seems to be doing well so far in coaching career
How long have you supported the dogs wolfy? I had assumed it was awhile,probably not the most gifted player but a team man for sure
Sorry for my ignorance but only accidently fell for the dogs in 2011 after watching a gutsy golden point win against parra in torrential rain haha ..
BTW I like the idea of having an ex player (particularly a forward) coaching our team. Makes me feel like they're doing it for love over money.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rushing into everything got us into this.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Brad Arthur, Trent Robinson, Paul Green, Shane Flannagan and even Michael Macguire. Were they great assistant coaches? Serious question.
Brad arthur was tooveys assistant i think.
Robbo im not sure but coached in england. Green was under Robbo in 2013 when tjey won the gf. Not sure about flanno but madge was under bellamy . Dean pay was under bellamy than switched to the raiders. I think pay coached u20s in melb and nsw u20s.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jumped ship during the superleague war with dynock,mccracken amd smith and parra still couldnt win a grandfinal [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
His only blemish, but he did win a grandfinal with the Dogs and has a good rapport with Dymock so positive outcome for mine.

The thing with Dean Pay outside of all the key "Bulldog culture" stuff he brings with him is that having been the NSW U20's coach for the last few years & including this year, he's developed relationships with some of the best emerging talent in the game.. think of that for a second people!!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Glad Pay got the job (if true)... what better options are out there atm?

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad arthur was tooveys assistant i think.
Robbo im not sure but coached in england. Green was under Robbo in 2013 when tjey won the gf. Not sure about flanno but madge was under bellamy . Dean pay was under bellamy than switched to the raiders. I think pay coached u20s in melb and nsw u20s.
All in pretty recent time too. Not sure about Madge. But I don't recall any jizz fest over them as assistant coaches in media outlets or league forums before they went on to be FG coaches. All turned out to be pretty successful. Hope Pay is of the same ilk.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not keen on Pay, dunno why everyone is so set on him but whatever.
It's a typical politicians choice. Go with what's popular not necessarily what's good for the club.

Dib should go

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I told you guys he doesn't want the top job and will only take it if forced to
I met him at Anna bay last year when he was on holiday
Top bloke
Was happy to spend bit of time chatting

He gave away a lot more than I expected him to

I not going to say what he told me publicly
But happy for those I trust who want to know to pm

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I met him at Anna bay last year when he was on holiday
Top bloke
Was happy to spend bit of time chatting

He gave away a lot more than I expected him to

I not going to say what he told me publicly
But happy for those I trust who want to know to pm
That's what we need genuine humans at the club, not there for their own agenda

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True, but i wouldn't be getting excited over him like some people. He hasn't exactly done anything of note and has followed around Stuart who has hardly been successful other than last season.
We are going forward atm he may or may not work but we need a shot in the arm and hopefully hes the right guy

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but only accidently fell for the dogs in 2011 after watching a gutsy golden point win against parra in torrential rain haha ..
BTW I like the idea of having an ex player (particularly a forward) coaching our team. Makes me feel like they're doing it for love over money.
With the right team around him(coaching) pay will do a good job blue collar footy player with a good work ethic witch is exactly what we need I reckon.better days ahead

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a typical politicians choice. Go with what's popular not necessarily what's good for the club.

Dib should go
Can definetely see where you're coming from. Dib puts in a popular choice, likely gets re-elected in Feb then has a few years before he has to worry again.

Having said that 2 year contract for Pay and see how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.