Dib speaks out on Looming Dogs decison on Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omy90

Waterboy
Reaction score
Buzz stated yesterday on nrl360 that he spoke to his Canterbury sources and he thinks that Des will be sacked by the end of this week

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I'm happy you have an opinion but it needs to be somewhere near true. Every person involved in rugby league will tell you Bennett trashed the joint looking for a quick premiership and paying old heads a fortune. It took them 2 years to get the last of them off their books. Bennett did the same thing at the Dragons. Bennett was already going to the donkeys long before Tinkler went belly up. He brought Boyd with him, Smith/Scott came from dragqueens with him. The 2 props were about the only ones that came on their own and all 5 of those blokes were on a fortune. Gagai came after being punted by the donkeys for bad behaviour and wanted to go to uncle benny. Don't have to take my word for it but how about Joey, Budsey and the Chief. They all say the same thing. Brownie got the Dragqueens within a whisker of the GF before he left and that was with a vastly inferior side to the one Bennett had the next year.
Firstly, I can't believe youre comparing Bennett to nathan brown. brown was a joke of a player, and even more a joke of a coach. He had pretty much the same quality roster at the dragons if not better then bennett, and didnt do shit. Bennett won 2 minor prems ina row and a title. Hes no doubt improved but still rubbish.
It's his job to steal as many players as possible when he leaves, that makes him a good coach not a bad one. The fact that so many players followed him to newcastle demonstrates his qualities.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Firstly, I can't believe youre comparing Bennett to nathan brown. brown was a joke of a player, and even more a joke of a coach. He had pretty much the same quality roster at the dragons if not better then bennett, and didnt do shit. Bennett won 2 minor prems ina row and a title. Hes no doubt improved but still rubbish.
It's his job to steal as many players as possible when he leaves, that makes him a good coach not a bad one. The fact that so many players followed him to newcastle demonstrates his qualities.
And, secondly......
And then how did Bennett go? How did that powerhouse Dragons side go in 2011-2013? Oh that's right the magic wore off didn't it and he ran off to Newcastle. Oh so TRex, Hokko, cleal, Egan are all signs that Des is a great coach and should stay should he? How about the fact that all of them got paid a motza to go there and it sent the Knights broke. How about that? Even so, the Knights won the comp....oh. Better still the Broncos have won the comp since he came back.....oh. No I'm sure your points are valid but I will have to think about it a bit more. Perhaps you can rely on the wins he had at the Broncos the first time with such an understrength side for all those years....yep that'll do it.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
And, secondly......
And then how did Bennett go? How did that powerhouse Dragons side go in 2011-2013? Oh that's right the magic wore off didn't it and he ran off to Newcastle. Oh so TRex, Hokko, cleal, Egan are all signs that Des is a great coach and should stay should he? How about the fact that all of them got paid a motza to go there and it sent the Knights broke. How about that? Even so, the Knights won the comp....oh. Better still the Broncos have won the comp since he came back.....oh. No I'm sure your points are valid but I will have to think about it a bit more. Perhaps you can rely on the wins he had at the Broncos the first time with such an understrength side for all those years....yep that'll do it.
He was at the dragons from 09-11. 2 minor prems and a prem. Transformed the club into a powerhouse immediately..deserves full credit. Left and they went back to being 2nd tier club. Went to the knights and did a pretty good job until unforeseen circumstances halted their momentum. Your blaming him for what happened to clubs after he left them..I don't get this. Its not his job to sure up a place after he leaves..you can only judge him on his time spent at a club.
And I didn't mention Des at all.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Buzz stated yesterday on nrl360 that he spoke to his Canterbury sources and he thinks that Des will be sacked by the end of this week
Aren't they doing a "review" of the season.
Is Buzz saying Des is sacked before the so called review has even started.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only his Friends call him BUZZZZZ! he has no friends on this Forum the piss head!!
This is why i love what the afl want to do with the media and clean out all the shit half of these " journos " make up .yet the nrl seems to think rubbish stories everyday is acceptable

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Aren't they doing a "review" of the season.
Is Buzz saying Des is sacked before the so called review has even started.
If the club was serious Hasler wouldn't even be a part of the season review and he would be gone before it.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty much how I see it too!! I guess we will all find out soon enough.
I agree as well exept castle did a hand shack deal with Pay so dib resigned des hence the castle resigned ????i also could be wrong lol

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is why i love what the afl want to do with the media and clean out all the shit half of these " journos " make up .yet the nrl seems to think rubbish stories everyday is acceptable
these pricks are permanent guests on prime time NRL shows, 360, Matty Johns show, NRL tonight, Professor, Sunday footy show, the list goes on, Kent, Rothfield, Ritchie, Hooper and then put together the 4 Journo's with the 10minute session and look at what you got? very annoying.
Not one of those Blokes have anytime for the Dogs unless its all negative press... fuckem!! have a good look at the lot of them, why would you have them on your show?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Give us some options sunshine!! stop generalizing FFS
Dean pay
Jim dymock
Walters brothers
Garth brennan
Georgallis..
Jason Demetriou

Just to name a few.. and now i wait for your response to each of those options. Yes they are all new coaches. But you dont need to be a super coach to win a premiership.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dean pay
Jim dymock
Walters brothers
Garth brennan
Georgallis..
Jason Demetriou

Just to name a few.. and now i wait for your response to each of those options. Yes they are all new coaches. But you dont need to be a super coach to win a premiership.
Who are the Walters brothers?

If you are going to start naming potential coaches at least make sure they exist!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des goes, do we dig deep and find a bit for lichaa?

I think we should. But who do we shed? If Eastwood had any fucking honour he'd call retirement, get a deal with the club and let lichaa go on.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor Dibs. He ought to have folded but went all in when he re-signed Des.

In all scenarios (even a scenario where Des gets no compensation) I see Dibs getting the flick at the next FC AGM.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor Dibs. He ought to have folded but went all in when he re-signed Des.

In all scenarios (even a scenario where Des gets no compensation) I see Dibs getting the flick at the next FC AGM.
I bloody hope so! Dib is destroying every department within the club! We need smart people to take over and clean up his mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.