Reni and Mase on Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Because the opinions of:
a) a guy who walked out on the club, continually dragged it's name in the dirt, and lasted 14 games in Super League ; and
b) a guy continually dragged it's name in the dirt, and used performance enhancing drugs.

really matter...

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because the opinions of:
a) a guy who walked out on the club, continually dragged it's name in the dirt, and lasted 14 games in Super League ; and
b) a guy continually dragged it's name in the dirt, and used performance enhancing drugs.

really matter...
Mr I your points are fact but what is also fact is that these 2 blokes were instrumental in the last truly dominant dogs team we have seen... they have both first hand insight into what has changed and a specifically better view on reality INSIDE than we ever will as fans...

For example whilst i dont love tolman, he does frustrate me, but i typically gave him credit for his 50+tackles... but i never thought of it the way mase explained it... he makes 50 because they run at him more as they dont a) fear him and b) probably think they can bend him...

Separately, our team back then is something i will retell tales to my grandkids about... patten... el masri... utai... tonga... sherwin... anasta/jt... price... omeley... mason... maitua... asotasi... ryan... sbw... grimaldi... even corey hughes... are you fucken kidding me??? That team would wipe most off the park by 50+ today...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dick heads win comps
Nice guys always finish last

They finished last with girls; school yard games, NRL, etc

Give me those two dickheads with klemmer and Jacko in our forward pack and then I'll have a wet one

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other part to that era was the coaching team and recruitment! If it wasn't for the salary cap and injuries we would have gone back to back a few times! One comp in between 2001 to 2010 doesn't justify what those teams should have achieved!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler telling Mason to go to France... Probably worried Mason might end up punching in the face at training or make tolman learn how to be a real forward!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman is the least of our problems.
Really the guy does 50 tackles a game.

The rest is the coach the coach the coach.
We possibly don't know what our team is capable of because our coach is a control freak who as far as we hear strangles initiative out of everyone.

Bring Foran, Woods, bring Cronk, Tedesco, bring who you like. Nothing changes until Des goes.
Give me 25 hard tackles that prevent the line getting bent over 50 ineffective Tolman tackles. Quality over quantity.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des can't see the forest from the trees and his comments on tolman prove that.

Stop staring down at your numbers and look at what's in front of you... everyone can see it but you, you moron!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Give me 25 hard tackles that prevent the line getting bent over 50 ineffective Tolman tackles. Quality over quantity.
Exactly

The problem is des rates tolman as the best prop in the game when that clearly isn't the case

It shows that des is the only one playing his style of the game and the other 15 coaches are playing something else

I said that we shopped tolman around and no one absolutely no one nibbled

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After briefly watchin that, we need to get back to what we were.. real quick.

Im sure we'll get back to what we were eventually and when we do, all the hasler lovers will be in denial how good it is be the dogs again. Can't wait for that day to see if they'll ever post again or go into hiding as per usual haha.

Dib has been sucked in that hard by des, its not funny.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Reni explained that as a new player coming in to the dogs they spoke about culture and the way of the dogs and how each era of teams are remembered.

But now it a manly coach dressed up as a bulldog.........
This is what's going on des has fucked and killed anything that had Bulldogs pride in the club and now it's showing through players.

Turvey and lamb saw this coming and dibshit shut them down .

Fuck you Des and Did!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Because the opinions of:

really matter...
Spot on. Mason is a real turd. Can you believe he was such a shit human being he claimed that Steve Folkes taught him nothing across the 4-5 years he coached him.

The guy has always had an enormous ego and never known how to use his brain before words come out of his mouth.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because the opinions of:

really matter...
Both those guys deserve "legendary" status having come up through our lower grades, buying into the culture and re-inforcing it.

They were part of our last "golden era", played for NSW, played for Australia... yes, they could have finished off their careers better but deep down inside they were Bulldogs through and through.

Willie took on the Roosters pack almost single handedly in that Grand Final, he was a huge reason we won that year.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh, let's not forget they took pay cuts to stay together, the single biggest reason they won the comp.

Reactions: GDR
Status
Not open for further replies.