Reni and Mase on Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its a bit harsh for fans to hammer Reni and Mase...

These guys are saying it as it is and anyone whose won a Premiership with us and played at the highest level have street cred and deserve respect.

Mase is the first guy to tell you their egos eventually all got the better of them but he was the guy to utter the words dynasty. He wanted it.

When you win Premierships it's near impossible to maintain the same team. A vital cog unfortunately goes within 1-2 seasons.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
its a bit harsh for fans to hammer Reni and Mase...

These guys are saying it as it is and anyone whose won a Premiership with us and played at the highest level have street cred and deserve respect.

Mase is the first guy to tell you their egos eventually all got the better of them but he was the guy to utter the words dynasty. He wanted it.

When you win Premierships it's near impossible to maintain the same team. A vital cog unfortunately goes with 1-2 seasons.
Strike me pink. Out of these blokes own mouths they tell everyone they couldn't give a rats about the Dogs and went off in search of the big bucks and now their careers are over we are supposed to respect them. Like hell. The pair of them were off their faces most of their careers along with a few other turncoats that created nothing but havoc for us. Sure, they played some great footy for us and were part of a premiership winning side - no-one could or should take that away from them but as for getting respect, no chance in hell. They were mercenaries of the worst kind. Who could ever forget the "Folkes taught me nothing line". You all remember Folkesy don't you? One team player his entire career, son-in-law of Bullfrog, premiership winning coach. One of the toughest footballers to pull on the dogs jumper. And we should respect that other big lump for dumping on him? That'll do me. talk about selective memories.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One of these Guys I have never heard of in my life, Maitua the Junkie, and little Willie the Goose lol very riveting interview:worried:

but you definately will listen to what Des says ay......

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Strike me pink. Out of these blokes own mouths they tell everyone they couldn't give a rats about the Dogs and went off in search of the big bucks and now their careers are over we are supposed to respect them. Like hell. The pair of them were off their faces most of their careers along with a few other turncoats that created nothing but havoc for us. Sure, they played some great footy for us and were part of a premiership winning side - no-one could or should take that away from them but as for getting respect, no chance in hell. They were mercenaries of the worst kind. Who could ever forget the "Folkes taught me nothing line". You all remember Folkesy don't you? One team player his entire career, son-in-law of Bullfrog, premiership winning coach. One of the toughest footballers to pull on the dogs jumper. And we should respect that other big lump for dumping on him? That'll do me. talk about selective memories.
Folkes was a fucking shit coach, he should have won more than 1 premiership with all the talent and a massive sombrero for a Salary cap........

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Folkes was a fucking shit coach, he should have won more than 1 premiership with all the talent and a massive sombrero for a Salary cap........
I was just about to respond exactly the same thing and then I saw your post.
I'm pretty sure that if you're a good coach, the player(s) wouldn't say something like what Willie said at the time.
Willie probably saw like most of us that we had a great team but was pissed off as he knew that they should have won more premierships than the sole one in 2004. Folkes probably had restrictions like our Supercoach we have now. I like Willie cause he says what he thinks and won't get muzzled by anyone.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How could with idiots like these two trying to run the asylum at every turn. Amazing he did as well as he did. It's all good and well to have a star studded roster but if they are selfish pratts like these two it is almost impossible to do anything with them. Throw in Runaway Bill Williams and it is even worse.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It makes you wonder what might have been with a real coach backing us in 2012.

Hasler has taken so much of that credit and it's very hard to argue against, but the lack of a plan b in terms of our attack, ie never putting in attacking kicks behind the line, crippled us.

We refused to develop our attack going into the back end of that season. Opposition teams knew exactly what was coming but couldn't stop it. Des gambled on Barba magic prevailing on GF day and we failed.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They took pay cuts Oatley Dog, that's what won us a Premiership otherwise we'd have waited another decade for a win.

As far as I'm concerned, they took a pay-cut to eventually win a comp, that's a moral sacrifice for the greater cause, if thereafter they chase the money, good luck to them, they deserve it.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They took pay cuts Oatley Dog, that's what won us a Premiership otherwise we'd have waited another decade for a win.

As far as I'm concerned, they took a pay-cut to eventually win a comp, that's a moral sacrifice for the greater cause, if thereafter they chase the money, good luck to them, they deserve it.
I guess you and I see it differently. Yes they along with the rest of the team made a pact to win the comp and they succeeded but that doesn't in any way excuse their appalling behaviour subsequent to that. In particular, Mason's behaviour drove fans, sponsors and potential players away from the club that would've helped create the dynasty that he and a couple of others now consider we could've had. It was their behaviour that actively tore down in the couple of years after winning the comp.

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
for fucks sake just sack this prick how bad does it need to get
can't wait to see how ray talks his way out of this

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
One of these Guys I have never heard of in my life, Maitua the Junkie, and little Willie the Goose lol very riveting interview:worried:
Junkie??
He took a substance for weight loss and got band for 2 years.
How old are you? these two where legends back in the days.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club needs to act fast if they want to resuscitate the club.
Mortimer and lamb should join forces and take over the place
Been saying that already, once that happens Canterbury will still be owned by des hasler the goldilocks

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Des killed the game for Mason as well.
So in that whole video it's funny how these two players have actually stated that des is a fuckwit and yet our club can't even fucking realise that and sack him. Like they said I respect hasler as a coach but deadset his not a true bulldog who knows the culture about dogs of war, hard hits, play with passion and aggression.

Anyways 2018 will be interesting to see when des will go

Status
Not open for further replies.