Channel 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One point that KE made that was glaringly absent was the 4 day turnaround, had that been the roosters or souffs or any other team it wouldve been mentioned in almost every breath.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@K E .. this has been one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read on here....add to that there's almost complete agreement among Kennel posters that there is strong bias against us at every option by across the entire gamut of media/commentators.

I think I laughed most when @rissolerob referred to Ghould as Puss Gould lmfao ... thank you !!! I'm not sure why, but I find it hilarious !!!

Great thread folks, wonderful contributions from all!

~c.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One point that KE made that was glaringly absent was the 4 day turnaround, had that been the roosters or souffs or any other team it wouldve been mentioned in almost every breath.
Yes, in between the fapping and fawning.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe it's the beers I was drinking during the game, but I tend to tune out the commentary in my head as I think I'm so focused on the play itself. Plus I never watch half time discussion - I give the wife 10 minutes of attention (but I think she sees right through my attempts at sincerity).

But I do think rabs nowadays is just sad. And since he doesn't fly much anymore he will be doing Sydney teams mostly, which means we are more likely to be hearing him.
lol i do the same at ht

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes he's always at the games in Anz, I got a photo with him and my son.

He didnt have a Scottish accent when we spoke to him. Top guy though
He is a character and revs up the kennel deluxe. Some dislike him but I think he is just making the footy entertaining. He is just a passionate fan.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are they always this bad or was tonight just a horrible display of extreme bias?
No KE, they are just unbelievably biased when it comes to certain teams in the NRL. We only have to see the montages of player highlights when their "chosen ones" are on view. Of late they just seem to want to push the barrow of anyone who is playing the Bulldogs or those misunderstood unfortunates like Cesar Milan, or Brother Smith the accountant turned football star, or the untouchable superstar JT who if we are to believe them should never be allowed to be tackled. Almost forget the silver haired Bronco or the Rat of Cronulla. Yes, bias and nepotism is alive and well at Channel Nein.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Channel 9 has been a pro Roosters channel for a very longtime..

Ex Channel 9 Boss Gyngell was on Roosters board

Gus Gould - best mates with Politis & former rooster coach
Brad Fittler - former Roosters captain
Finch - ex roosters player (got beaten in 04 GF)
Andrew Johns - Current halves coach at Roosters

Yep, all of them root for the Roosters.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha yeah Gordan Tallis predicted an upset and then laughed and said he predicted all the roosters fans would be upset as the dogs will destroy the roosters.
Yes. I believe all three of them were seen crying behind the northern stand after the game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Never watch channel 9 games now that Foxtel show them all but unfortunately I cannot stand Warren Smith with his "every third word louder" and Andrew Voss is fast becoming one of the most annoying callers with his endless & useless statistics and piss poor attempts at being funny.. Just call the game.

Anyone else notice when it is a shared nine/fox broadcast they use nines camera angles and all you get are endless shots of the coaches box, close up shots of whatever player Puss Gould is waffling about or injured players sitting on the bench or walking up the tunnel,not to mention those annoying aerial shots and ref cam views. When you go to the game you watch and enjoy the game without all the distractions.....JUST LET US WATCH THE GAME
There have been a lot of people complaining about those camera angles. If those clueless idiots at Nine only have those camera angles to rely on no wonder they are clueless. I think last week we were treated to vision of Skeletor on quite a few occasions

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Minichiello and Cross weren't actually restraining him. Fair try.

Yes funny how Ray was certain that it was a try, no concern about him taking an eternity to get it down. There was still momentum in the Jackson one too.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes me laugh how we're all allowed to bag the bulldogs but God forbid if someone outside the family does lol .

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes me laugh how we're all allowed to bag the bulldogs but God forbid if someone outside the family do lol .

Its like i can say all the shit about my family and curse them, but i will rip your face off if you say a bad word about them. lol

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Did anyone else see that guy in the crowd that was referred to as "BraveDog" (like Braveheart, but a dogs fan)? He even wore a kilt and had a speech ready as soon as he knew the camera was focused on him LOL. I love fans like that, they are a true blue as you get ;)
Looked like a freak show. Even the lebbos in background looked creeped out were unsure as to whether they should play along lol.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its like i can say all the shit about my family and curse them, but i will rip your face off if you say a bad word about them. lol
Lol,
It's like you and me,
I love nothing more than arguing with you,
But I'd be the first to back you up if anyone gave you a hard time,

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Press conference audio

Sent: Friday, 1 July 2016 5:04 PM
To: NRL Feedback
Subject: Press conference audio

Hi front desk,

I really appreciate accessing video post-match, especially hearing from the coaches in the press conference.
Why does it remain impossible to detect audible questions from the media ?
Surely this is valuable insight as it frames the answer/response by the coaches, yet viewers are rarely privy to hearing gallery audio.
$2 million dollar bunker, mic’d up referees, ref-cam etc…. Get a wriggle on with the press conference delivery to the fans, it can’t be that difficult !

~claire
(yes I’m a ticketed club member).

Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 3:25 PM
To: Claire
Subject: RE: Press conference audio Incident No#:A0V2VNC

Hi Claire,
Thanks for your email.
Given the number of journalists at theses post-match interviews and the different positions they stand in, it is difficult for Fox Sports to provide audio across the entire room.
It is also difficult due to the challenges of a competitive media environment.
In saying that we are always looking to make improvements and we will certainly take your comments on board.
Thanks again for writing to us and for your passionate support of the game.

Kind regards
Robert

Supporter Liaisom

~c.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Hi front desk,

I really appreciate accessing video post-match, especially hearing from the coaches in the press conference.
Surely this is valuable insight as it frames the answer/response by the coaches, yet viewers are rarely privy to hearing gallery audio.
$2 million dollar bunker, mic’d up referees, ref-cam etc…. Get a wriggle on with the press conference delivery to the fans, it can’t be that difficult !

~claire

Hi Claire,
Thanks for your email.
Given the number of journalists at theses post-match interviews and the different positions they stand in, it is difficult for Fox Sports to provide audio across the entire room.
In saying that we are always looking to make improvements and we will certainly take your comments on board.

Kind regards
Robert

Supporter Liaisom

~c.
Thank you for contacting them. Like you I also get a bit peeved at hearing just the answer to a question and not the question itself. I must admit though with some of the answers it can be quite a giggle to compose your own question to suit.

Is that a nice way of saying thank you for your feedback?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never watch channel 9 games now that Foxtel show them all but unfortunately I cannot stand Warren Smith with his "every third word louder" and Andrew Voss is fast becoming one of the most annoying callers with his endless & useless statistics and piss poor attempts at being funny.. Just call the game.

Anyone else notice when it is a shared nine/fox broadcast they use nines camera angles and all you get are endless shots of the coaches box, close up shots of whatever player Puss Gould is waffling about or injured players sitting on the bench or walking up the tunnel,not to mention those annoying aerial shots and ref cam views. When you go to the game you watch and enjoy the game without all the distractions.....JUST LET US WATCH THE GAME
It's even creeping into Fox. If they want to show coaches' faces and injured players, do it in a small window at the bottom of the screen. I pay to see the game, not the off-field stuff that can be screened at half time.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Channel 9 is a disgrace fox is awesome humerous. No bias the only one I get annoyed with is Voss. Gasnier bags us but it's all warranted. Eg how shit and clunky our attack is

I will say however Gould can be very pro Bulldogs when he wants to be
The thing that amuses me is the indecent amount of money some of these commentators are paid, and they don't always see what is happening, or understand all the rules.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hi front desk,

~claire

Hi Claire,
Thanks for your email.

Kind regards
Robert

Supporter Liaisom

~c.
I can't believe they responded so quickly. Great question btw

Status
Not open for further replies.