Parramatta Eels turned down Will Hopoate’s request to be given Sundays off because of his faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's all that matters to our CEO. There was some positive publicity and a few journos said it was a good idea. Screw what the majority of fans think, that's why she kept saying appreciate your feedback to anyone who asked a question about it.
What kind of response did you expect from Raelene? please give us an example.....

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's all that matters to our CEO. There was some positive publicity and a few journos said it was a good idea. Screw what the majority of fans think, that's why she kept saying appreciate your feedback to anyone who asked a question about it.
What kind of response did you expect from Raelene? please give us an example.....
Hang on a sec so the no games on sunday clause was put to that rabble of a board at Parra and they said no? Yet we said it's all good poppa.

Our club is a toilet bowl.
Nice!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't care too much what Parramatta does or thinks TBH

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going to be my last post in this or any thread about the "Sunday issue". It is done, it is a silly decision imo but it's done. Some posters should just let it go, because judging by some of the replies in both threads they are headed on the way to a peptic ulcer LOL.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good on parra for having the COMMON SENSE to say no and there is nothing wrong with them saying no.
I would love to see a blog with the boss answer some honest questions if we lose 3 Sunday games in a row about their decision.
If i needed to hire a worker for mainly weekend work and he turned around and said ill do it but no Sunday's id tell the **** "you best be looking else where"
Is this just one bad publicity stunt or political gone absolutely fucking stupid ?
Things are going to get very interesting if we lose a few Sunday games

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going to be my last post in this or any thread about the "Sunday issue". It is done, it is a silly decision imo but it's done. Some posters should just let it go, because judging by some of the replies in both threads they are headed on the way to a peptic ulcer LOL.
I think you're right i may join you myself to save some sanity and stress .
I'll now drop it till at least the first sunday game lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it would be funny/sad if the guy who comes in scores 14 tries in 3 games and hoppa never sees first grade again this year

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
played terrible last year for Parramatta.

At least Des is getting the best from Hoppa.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on parra for having the COMMON SENSE to say no and there is nothing wrong with them saying no.
I would love to see a blog with the boss answer some honest questions if we lose 3 Sunday games in a row about their decision.
If i needed to hire a worker for mainly weekend work and he turned around and said ill do it but no Sunday's id tell the **** "you best be looking else where"
Is this just one bad publicity stunt or political gone absolutely fucking stupid ?
Things are going to get very interesting if we lose a few Sunday games
Good point! IMO the more games he plays at fullback the less game exposure there is for another player.
We will be exposed badly on Sundays.
I don't like it- Pauline Hanson

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Fuck you to our ceo ,I can't even mention her name that weasel .
She never puts the club first and last year instead of fighting for our boys she left them high and dry .
She can go get fucked I'm sick of her making the Bulldogs a laughting stock.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm eels make a decision finish outside the 8 both years and are suspected to have breached the salary cap significantly.

So for starters based on reputation you'd think the eels decision would be shakey. Let's look at the individual results. Hoppa played like a broken arse last year, and so far been one of the dogs best players. I think based on history and results the decision at least qualify as benefit of the doubt. Unless of course you are just looking for something to complain about. If so carry on......

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all those laughing at Parra, they beat us convincingly and out-administrated our management, so keep that in mind.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
As a atheist I do not support this decision at all. As it has been well said, this is a weekend sport and Sunday's are bread and butter for our sport. He should be made to make a decision now on the "what if of the GF". IF he doesn't want to play and train on Sunday's than no GF for your mate. Love how the article said, the league community had received it well. Not from my readings, most comments from the fans I have seen would reflect a 8 to 2 "ridiculous" stance.

Some have said, he is on budget money so it's okay. Let's play with the idea that his form continues and next contract he looks for an upgrade (naturally) and is then on decent coin, do we still allow him to dictate on this subject? Seems religion continues it's usual stance, make the people who made it up rich while hypocritically forgetting such things as teamwork, help out your mate, commitment, sacrifice, doing your best and community engagement......all things they say they are here for.

As a shiftworker I might just walk up to my boss and say, "hey I have a religion that requires me to not work at night, can you roster someone else to do my share and can I please still get my pay?"

Can't believe Parra have a stance that I am jealous of.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
To all those laughing at Parra, they beat us convincingly and out-administrated our management, so keep that in mind.
Parra's salary cap issue should have been dealt with by now and should not be competing until they shed players and get back under the cap. The longer the NRL take the more you can see a fine coming instead of the precedence of PTS deduction (Us, Storm, Warriors)....as we all know through having it done to us. This should have been done before season kick off, NRL have to losing fans in truck loads, the only reason I haven't walked is through love of the dogs but our club is weakening that love. Any wins Parra rack up are illegal.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is totally embarrassing that parra has made a better call than us with this hoppa issue

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like a lot of people I don't agree with it but it looks like the club will allow this. I respect everyone's religious beliefs but it shouldn't interfere with your employment. I work with a couple of guys that are seventh day Adventist and they don't work saturdays, so management give them sunday work at double time. I know you are not allowed to discriminate against religion but a lot of co works don't agree with it.

If Hoppa can assist us in winning a GF , man I'll convert to become a mormon!!!!! But then again they are into plural marriages , one wife is hard enough image having several wives , I would never get to watch the doggies play !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.