Australian society as a whole : Reflecting for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There are a lot of things Australia does right, but also a lot Australia does wrong.

1. Our welfare system is laughable (handouts for all with no effort required).
2. Our judicial system is laughable (slap on the hand, out on bail, and a blind eye turned).
3. Our refugee intake is actually creating more problems (crimes).
4. We've had our land sold from under us. NOBODY outside of Australia & who is not an Australian citizen, should be allowed to own land here. If they want to own land here they should have massive taxes and rates applied to subsidise the market.
5. Australia has had to change it's culture and customs to be politically correct and appease those from other nations. I do not agree with that.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate the government rorting for example joe hockey the greedy fat prick retires on a government pension and now is getting paid again as an ambassador..there's a billion industrial laws yet they seemed to have missed the double dipping ..

dont mean to be negative but just wanted to point it out. It's unustrayan... that's all

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are a lot of things Australia does right, but also a lot Australia does wrong.

1. Our welfare system is laughable (handouts for all with no effort required).
2. Our judicial system is laughable (slap on the hand, out on bail, and a blind eye turned).
3. Our refugee intake is actually creating more problems (crimes).
4. We've had our land sold from under us. NOBODY outside of Australia & who is not an Australian citizen, should be allowed to own land here. If they want to own land here they should have massive taxes and rates applied to subsidise the market.
5. Australia has had to change it's culture and customs to be politically correct and appease those from other nations. I do not agree with that.
I see your first point as a great attribute of Australia not a negative.. It represents how much we value our people..it shits me how people abuse it though , I think the rules just need a bit of tweeking

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I see your first point as a great attribute of Australia not a negative.. It represents how much we value our people..it shits me how people abuse it though , I think the rules just need a bit of tweeking
He's 1,000,000% right. It's a joke. I work on behalf of centrelink and can see how shit and broken it is. I have clients who have been on newstart allowance for over 20 years. Babysitting someone because they choose not to work is not a great attribute, it's an extreme negative.

These centrelink moochers know exactly what to do and what to say at the exact right time. Our welfare system is beyond a joke.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's 1,000,000% right. It's a joke. I work on behalf of centrelink and can see how shit and broken it is. I have clients who have been on newstart allowance for over 20 years. Babysitting someone because they choose not to work is not a great attribute, it's an extreme negative.

These centrelink moochers know exactly what to do and what to say at the exact right time. Our welfare system is beyond a joke.
ok can't argue with you there , the way it's administered is a bloody joke how can someone thats has been assesed as capable of working be unemployed for 20 years? But it's still a positive for the citizens

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All government departments are broken. I work with many of the major government departments. They lack funding to be efficient and each time a new government comes in the whole thing gets overhauled.

The main issue with all these things is money. We don't want to ruin our economy and put us in the same situation Greece had and America is not far off hitting. So then it comes down to how much money we have and where we spend it. It's easy to say "School and Uni should be free" but then the question is, who's going to pay for it?

The government already pays a majority of tuition fees for Australian School and TAFE students and a percentage of a student's Uni course. If we make it free then we need to take that money from somewhere else.

Same goes for Energy. Sure we have an abundance of coal, but the coal any coal we're using, we aren't selling. The system needs to be overhauled though. Currently the government gives the mining industry subsidies and tax breaks so they can spend that money digging up the coal then the government still needs to buy it off the mining industry. It needs to be all or nothing. Either the government owns and runs the mines (which is unlikely as they would need to buy out Gina) or it's entirely privatised. No subsidies, no tax breaks. Mining Industry digs it up then sells it to the Australian government. The only issue with that is that the mining industry could choose to raise the price or sell it to the highest bidder.

The counter to that is if the mining industry does raise the prices or starts with holding coal, then renewables become much more viable. You still need mining for renewables but it's a fraction of the cost it would be to keep buying coal.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The judicial system needs to harden the fuk up and the Death Penalty needs to be reinstated.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm personally against the death penalty. No chance of reform. Although I'm also against some of the stupid laws in the judicial system. Like prison sentences for repeated possession of marijuana. A drug that has never ever killed a single person.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The judicial system needs to harden the fuk up and the Death Penalty needs to be reinstated.
Exactly this .
We also need a strictly no welsh policy and we need to change our state name and eliminate and traces of the welsh from this land

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm personally against the death penalty. No chance of reform. Although I'm also against some of the stupid laws in the judicial system. Like prison sentences for repeated possession of marijuana. A drug that has never ever killed a single person.
Well, it hasn't killed many users - but a heap of people in places like Mexico have died due to drug wars - which only strengthens the case for legalisation!

Whilst we're at it - start allowing ecstasy users to safely test their drugs.

I'm also against the death penalty. I can see the reasons why others want it - but i just can'y bring myself to support it personally.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, it hasn't killed many users - but a heap of people in places like Mexico have died due to drug wars - which only strengthens the case for legalisation!

I'm also against the death penalty. I can see the reasons why others want it - but i just can'y bring myself to support it personally.
You have to look at the success rate . Since andrew chan received the death penalty he has not sold drugs again.
"GREAT SUCCESS"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Exactly my thoughts. I understand why people want it. If I caught a pedo in the act I'd probably strangle him on the spot, but the more you know about mental health and how the brain works, the more you realise that people can change and that it's not necessarily always their fault.

In America there have been literally hundreds of incidents where they have executed a person and found out later that the person was innocent. Can you imagine having to go up to a person's family and say "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that your husband was actually innocent..."

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to look at the success rate . Since andrew chan received the death penalty he has not sold drugs again.
"GREAT SUCCESS"
This is true. Whitney Houston also hasn't touched drugs in years. Good for her. She really got her act together since she died from an OD.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts. I understand why people want it. If I caught a pedo in the act I'd probably strangle him on the spot, but the more you know about mental health and how the brain works, the more you realise that people can change and that it's not necessarily always their fault.

In America there have been literally hundreds of incidents where they have executed a person and found out later that the person was innocent. Can you imagine having to go up to a person's family and say "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that your husband was actually innocent..."
If I rape a pedo with my size 15 foot would I get in trouble? If I do its a shit system lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Death is too easy sometimes. I'd rather they rot in jail in isolation and make them beg for the death penalty.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Death is too easy sometimes. I'd rather they rot in jail in isolation and make them beg for the death penalty.
Id much prefer cruel and unusual torture the the lowest of the low

Status
Not open for further replies.