Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is being restricted by our 'game plan'.

Running on 5th tackle is not something he does. It's a clear instruction from Des. Mbye was doing it too.

His kicking game wasn't that bad.. again, under clear instructions from Des.

He isn't a flashy player. Never has been. Never will be. When he wins the game from his boot or makes a try saving tackle or scores the try that wins SOO and a 8 year drought and you're cheering then we will talk.

Give the guy a break. It's 5 rounds in and he hardly had a pre-season. He is not the reason we lost ysterday. Some great Dragons defence and our piss weak defence is why we lost.

Defence wins matches. We pride ourselves on that. Yesterday there was no effort in defence. Our middle defence was stuffed without Graham. The combo of Thompson and Stanley was awful.

You're all quick to jump off the team when we're losing and crticicise but I want to see you lot when we win the GF.
NFI, we aren't winning shit with our shit halves, been proven twice already.

Quit while you're way behind...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Put Pearce, Cronk, JT behind a weak forward pack and then see how they go ..

Your point is invalid.
LOLLLLLL ... wow you didnt just say that.
Pearce Cronk and JT are all playing behind a weaker froward pack then the one Hodkinson has been blessed with and look at the wonders they are doing. its fair to say all three players you have mentioned are now in career best form. now imagine any one of those guys playing behind trhe Bulldogs pack.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Running on 5th tackle is not something he does. It's a clear instruction from Des. Mbye was doing it too.

He isn't a flashy player. Never has been. Never will be. When he wins the game from his boot or makes a try saving tackle or scores the try that wins SOO and a 8 year drought and you're cheering then we will talk.

Give the guy a break. It's 5 rounds in and he hardly had a pre-season. He is not the reason we lost ysterday. Some great Dragons defence and our piss weak defence is why we lost.

Defence wins matches. We pride ourselves on that. Yesterday there was no effort in defence. Our middle defence was stuffed without Graham. The combo of Thompson and Stanley was awful.

You're all quick to jump off the team when we're losing and crticicise but I want to see you lot when we win the GF.
There is no way you can come to his defense after yesterday champ. Please just say it .... "Hokko played shit"

I'm not all into the bashing Trent thing but yesterday was the worst I have ever seen him play... ever

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The funny thing here from most of you is you have no clue what it takes to be a good half. A half back can have minimal touches throughout the game but still play a prominent role in winning with his organisation of the set plays and execution of set game plans for that game. Other half backs have a strong kicking game, others have a strong running game, others are great support players etc.

Hokko executes. That's the type of player he is. He doesn't show the razzle dazzle as Benji or DCE, doesn't have the pin point kicking game of Cronk, doesn't have the exceptional running game of Pearce. He is an organizer and a guy that executes on the field. Look at what a bit of organisation did for NSW - first time we won in a decade and something that other half backs couldn't do.

Yes he is rusty and yes he is low on confidence, but he will come good.
Executes ain't enough mate. Even at his best, he's still way behind most halfbacks. I like the guy, and over the years he's given our club great service. But I think he's done. We won't win the comp if he stays.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW what drugs are you on? Are they out of date? holy shit what did i just read hahaha are you hodkos mum?

Put pearce cronk etc behind a weak forward pack you say rewatch the game and pay attention our forwards were far from weak look at the amount of times they marched us into the dragons 20 for hodko to come up with garbage over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

North Shore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hodko is not effective as a playmaker because he is not a threat running the ball.

Defence load up on his runners knowing if he runs, he is no risk and gets tackled by the slowest player in the defensive line. He can't run to the line anymore because he does not have the pace or agility so he now is a catch passer. Morris and TREX have 2 or 3 players in them every time the receive the ball.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW what drugs are you on? Are they out of date? holy shit what did i just read hahaha are you hodkos mum? Put pearce cronk etc behind a weak forward pack you say rewatch the game and pay attention our forwards were far from weak look at the amount of times they marched us into the dragons 20 for hodko to come up with garbage over and over again.

LOL maybe this time he will get it. He has literally coppedit from the entire forum.

Hodkinson is woeful and what he did for NSW isn't happening again. Unless you mean NSW CUP.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Oh and Billris time to wake up mate. Hodkinson doesn't get tackled on the 5th looking lost because Des tells him to freeze. He is woeful. Bloody T Rex had a far better kicking game then Hodkinson. Did Des tell Williams to grubber on the 5th for a repeat set? No it's what's meant to happen and the fact a 115kg-120kg bloke has a better kicking game then a halfback says it all. Wake up kid. Time to face reality.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly don't think hodko is that but he was never a quick player and his knees have had it and now he is quite possibly the slowest halfback in the history of the game. I have seen him create a lot of half opportunties but for himself he can never convert them into points because of his lack of pace. Doesn't help that his kicking game, which was quite good for a lot of last season, has been woeful this year. I have a soft spot for the bloke, but we really need to find another great half to partner him and hope that he can stay injury free, or he has to go.

chafstaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Put Pearce, Cronk, JT behind a weak forward pack and then see how they go ..

Your point is invalid.
yes Pearce, Cronk, JT are behind good forward packs but they deliver when put in good position hodko doesn't.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did anyone just see that simple kick from JT for the try? How hard is it for us to do something like this for Rona ffs.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he's not. The only person that is restricting Trent Hodkinson, is a bloke by the name of Trent Hodkinson.

Running FULLSTOP is not something he does. I know it's heartbreaking and might send you spiralling into a state of unrecoverable depression, but just face it.. Hodko is done.

His knees are shot, he's lost a heap of size, and he has absolutely no confidencein his game nor his body anymore.

You can't have a bad kicking game, IF YOU DON'T KICK THE BALL!!! HIS KICKING GAME WAS NON EXISTENT!!!

We know he isn't a flashy player. What use is a good boot WHEN YOU CAN'T SCORE A TRY!!!! What use is being a gun at kicking field goals if your side is like 20 points behind. OH MAYBE THAT'S IT ... He should have kicked 32 field goals to win the game!!!

He only got into NSW Origin side because Pearce decided to engage with YellowDressGirl!

LOL I see you've given up the idea of a career as a test cricketer and instead taken up a career as a comedian. Good first gig... love your line about Hodko not being the reason we lost.

I see you acknowledge our "pissweak defence.
I see you acknowledge there was no effort in defence.

YET YOU REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HODKO DID 18 TACKLES TOTAL, 4 OF THEM WERE MISSED, and ALL 4 LEAD TO TRIES. When the side scores 4/5 tries due to the lacking defence of one player, what does that say to you?

Defence wins matches?? Guess what else wins matches?? SCORING POINTS!!!!

Not even half as aweful as this post of yours. I'm still trying to figure out why I bothered replying.

We will never win a Grand Final with Hodkinson in our halves.

Demi Lovato wrote this song for you about your love for Trent Hodkinson...

[video=youtube;kHue-HaXXzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHue-HaXXzg[/video]
Go Mr I!

Reaction score

have another look at the tries scored yesterday, trent had a bad 1 on 1 miss that led to the try that put them 18 - 0

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Trent isnt a bad player at all. Fact is he is a very good player. Just not since his surgery (and late last year when he was injured, that led to the need for surgery).

I dont think physically he is up to it yet this year. Because of his surgery he had no offseason and probably even now is on restricted weight training (so getting smaller). I think hes scared off being hit near the surgery as well, and its made him tentative.

He might benefit from some time in NSW Cup, or some time off for rehabilitation, if hes still ordinary when our troops return, and we can move MBye to the halves again.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Well he is more than capable of kicking with accuracy so that's not the issue so I think you're right . This is the only acceptable explanation apart from psychological reasons for holding back on 5th tackle.

and I think it has worked well with the tightly drilled team but fell apart with the absence of the missing players in defense.

someone mentioned this might be a strategy by DES to avoid the 20 metre restart.
this theory doesnt make sense to me. if he was so accurate at kicking, then we shouldnt have to concede a 7-tackle set e.g grubber in goal soft enough to stay in, bomb high just before the line, kick for a scrum when further than 30 metres out etc etc. all of these options would suffice.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent's body can no longer handle the physical demands of the NRL.

His only option to prolong his career is to move onto the ESL

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trent's body can no longer handle the physical demands of the NRL.

His only option to prolong his career is to move onto the ESL
Or union as they stand around aswell lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cowboys vs Rabbits tonight. Thurston is a complete half, knows when to run and to kick. He will make plays that ask questions of the defence and put big units like taumalolo into space. We can only dream of having a player as good as him as our half.

Status
Not open for further replies.