Winning Margin

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be brutally honest -

I cannot see us winning the GF, regardless the outcome of this come.

Sure - I would want us to win. But I would prefer to lose now, than lose the GF.

That feeling in 2012 was a real low point.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To be brutally honest -

Sure - I would want us to win. But I would prefer to lose now, than lose the GF.

I can understand this, the 2012 loss was hard to take. However, I think it's worth the risk for the chance of a GF win.

Moreover, this year, my expectations are much lower than 2012. Any win in the finals is considered a bonus for me. If we win the GF, great. If we loose it, or the prelim, so be it.

I've already experienced my disappointment during the second half of the regular season.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KEEN.
Off to the MCG for the Grand Final , GO SWANS!!!
Then will watch the bulldogs match at a pub or sumthing any good pubs in melb?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
KEEN.
Off to the MCG for the Grand Final , GO SWANS!!!
Then will watch the bulldogs match at a pub or sumthing any good pubs in melb?
Young & jackson is the closest to the G that will have the game on. The whole city will be extremely busy with 100,000 AFL attendees spilling out onto the streets. "Football Day" is pretty much a national holiday in Melbourne, so you will be swamped wherever you go.

Crown is an ordinary place, but a safe option if you want to watch the game.

Go Swans.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can understand this, the 2012 loss was hard to take. However, I think it's worth the risk for the chance of a GF win.

Moreover, this year, my expectations are much lower than 2012. Any win in the finals is considered a bonus for me. If we win the GF, great. If we loose it, or the prelim, so be it.

I've already experienced my disappointment during the second half of the regular season.
Thats my feeling exactly.

When DCE kicked that FG to square up the game - my mates were all over the shop in mental anguish. I was there laughing just thinking to myself.. whatever. If this it to be our end, who cares.

As far as I am concerned, we have overachieved this year.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So Penrith players have been running their mouths in the media all week, they must really believe the hype about them lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Penrith players have been running their mouths in the media all week, they must really believe the hype about them lol
They are doing it now on Sterlo. It unfortunately is a massive wankfest for Penriff. You would think that they are the only side playing on Saturday.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Matty Johns has tipped against us.. we are specials...

That guy is wrong 95% of the time.. he is f#$king useless.

Cant stand him to be honest, thinks his sh1t dont stink and always tries to take the moral highground.. him of all people..

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs are specials as long as we turn up. Worried about Segyano mostly. Need to stop him or they will have too much space.

Im going to the GF as an ANZ member. Of course I want us to be there. Last year going to watch Manly Chooks was not good feeling.

Disagree we have overachieved. If we make GF maybe we have but realistically, with that early season 7 on the trot we were at least top 4 if not top 2 so we needed to reach this week and Im sure the club would be satisfied with the effort, given the origin interruption and injuries and FB problem.

Best way to nullify Soward is to ahve big blokes running at him. If hes going to hide on the left side D Id move Trex to that side and Jacko to our left and see how that goes. It may upset our rythm but having Trex and Lafai and reynolds- our most dangerous 3 running at him will test his D and tire him out. Jamal is dreaming trying to get into Graham. Does he really want to fire the big fella up any more than he always is on game day?

Do Dogs

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a look at the panthers forum to see how they be feeling. Man that's a small forum with little or no activity

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
To win this game. our intensity needs to go for 80 minutes.
im hoping Penrith dont have the mental strength to match it with us.
the boys know what it takes to win these games mentally and physically what needs to be done to win. Leave nothing in the tank. We will learn from our mistakes from last week
People are tipping them ONLY because of our second half. But Melbourne only put 4 points on us and Manly was our fault for not putting them away in the 1st half with squandered chances. We should have been up by 30.
But i believe this time we will be there for 80 minutes and not let Penrith breathe. i cant see them matching our big hits and ferocious defense. Moylan will be hit hard every time he runs the ball back. We will break him. Soward will be pestered by Reynolds all game even if Reynolds just plays to pester just like he did J.T in origin.
T Rex and Josh Jackson are going to run Jamal Idris ragged. His turn of speed is rubbish and Jackson will rip with this angled running.
Strap ur selves in boys i have a good feeling about this one. there luck will run out on Saturday.
LET THEM RUN THEIR MOUTHS THEY HAVENT BEEN IN THIS SITUATION FOR MANY YEARS.
FOR SOWARD ITS BEEN 4 YEARS AND KITE IS OVER THE HILL. SEGEYARO WILL GET BASHED OUT OF THE GAME

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BUMP!! Up the dooooooooogggggggggggggggggggies!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be brutally honest -

Strange logic!

Harden up, then go watch the 95 finals series remembering We were given next to NO chance in virtually ANY of those games....let alone against a SHIT hot Manly side in the GF which had only lost 2-3 matches all season.
We SHUT THEM out, they didn't cross the line, we won the whole enchilada.....much like Melb did to us in 2012.

GFs are about defence, and we look willing to fight over a crumb since the finals started.

Don't underestimate our ability to drag fancy pants attacking sides into a dirty street brawl.....and the weight of expectation that will be on the Chooks (going for back to back) and the Tohs (43 years).

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am now in Sydney at Mum"s place and have attended to all the important things today: face paint, car flags, car stickers. I have been to the club to ask about arrangements for next week's Grand final festivities but they don't know themselves until Sunday when details will be posted on the Club website. Guys, I don't know what it is but I have a very confident feeling about tomorrow night.Belmore is a hive of activity with flags, banners,streamers and balloons and the Bulldogs shop is flat out. Lot's of merchandise being sold and another truck arrived with a pallet of goodies while I was there.Ah I love this time of the year and unlike 2013 I am not doubting our boys.Let us all journey to ANZ with open hearts and positive attitudes to cheer on out team, the greatest in the League.From the mouths of babes; My two girls were working out chants on the way down to Sydney in the car and thought that who let the Dog's out would be good; Sung to the original tune of course "Who let the dog's out...... Des, Des Hasler "Got to love them.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Saw the boys yesterday. They are pumped.

Those who were there in the GF in 2012 know the feeling of losing a big one and want to right that wrong. Believe me, they are still hurting.

The boys are older and wiser. With a bit of luck the boys will be going to the big dance.

Can't wait to get out there and support them tomorrow night. Go you mighty bulldogs!!!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Would love to be at the Canterbury Leagues club tonight , just soaking up the atmosphere . The ghost of Bullfrog is among the boys , and the true believers

Status
Not open for further replies.