Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You obviously don't read much on the site. I only have a negative opinion on Reynolds and Kas. So far no one has anything to counter me with other than "he has passion" or "this person likes him so his good" or "he played SOO". I hate Reynolds so im not a Dogs supporter people claim? eat dick to that lot. Most people said stuff 10x worse than me about Williams, brown etc but that is okay?

I give plenty of credit to players and staff, but no body gives a fcuk because "im the bloke that hates Reynolds"....
I still loves ya marley

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Marley change ur prof pic or im gana start hating u too lol.
ur due for a new one champ!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You obviously don't read much on the site. I only have a negative opinion on Reynolds and Kas. So far no one has anything to counter me with other than "he has passion" or "this person likes him so his good" or "he played SOO". I hate Reynolds so im not a Dogs supporter people claim? eat dick to that lot. Most people said stuff 10x worse than me about Williams, brown etc but that is okay?

I give plenty of credit to players and staff, but no body gives a fcuk because "im the bloke that hates Reynolds"....
I don't think it's that you hate Reynolds. You are entitled to your opinion. I think it's just that in defending your opinion of him that you are extremely vocal about the same couple of points. Yes he has brain snaps, yes he runs sideways sometimes, yes he has niggle and the occasional attempt to milk a penalty. Nobody has argued that nor do many enjoy these parts of his game.

The coin has a flip side though which you seem to not acknowledge. His support play is usually great, he's developing his kicking. Grubbers are good now, his long kicks are finding more space and he can also kick field goals. He does not hog the ball like he did when he came into the NRL. With our wingers this year grubbers were a better option than bombs. We will see if our outside backs do well off his high balls next season. My one criticism of him is that he allows the forwards to run fairly wide on his edge and that limits the space the outside backs have to work in. Overall though he is a quality player in my opinion who our players love to have in the side. I'll add the cliches that he plays with passion and pride for the jersey. If he was not a Bulldog player i might be more critical of him having not seen the way he can keep the side believing when we are behind. Nobody has said he is perfect but he didn't play origin two years running because they had no players to pick from.

You don't have to like him, but others see him as a quality player so try not to rain on their parade so much if you don't like them flinging mud at you.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes in life if you have nothing nice to say about someone then it is best to keep your mouth shut.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Marley change ur prof pic or im gana start hating u too lol.
ur due for a new one champ!
i have changed it but someone changed it back?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are you out of school yet?
na im 21 and still in school...it's not all that bad as i get to hang with the cool kids once a week because i buy them alcohol...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think it's that you hate Reynolds. You are entitled to your opinion. I think it's just that in defending your opinion of him that you are extremely vocal about the same couple of points. Yes he has brain snaps, yes he runs sideways sometimes, yes he has niggle and the occasional attempt to milk a penalty. Nobody has argued that nor do many enjoy these parts of his game.

The coin has a flip side though which you seem to not acknowledge. His support play is usually great, he's developing his kicking. Grubbers are good now, his long kicks are finding more space and he can also kick field goals. He does not hog the ball like he did when he came into the NRL. With our wingers this year grubbers were a better option than bombs. We will see if our outside backs do well off his high balls next season. My one criticism of him is that he allows the forwards to run fairly wide on his edge and that limits the space the outside backs have to work in. Overall though he is a quality player in my opinion who our players love to have in the side. I'll add the cliches that he plays with passion and pride for the jersey. If he was not a Bulldog player i might be more critical of him having not seen the way he can keep the side believing when we are behind. Nobody has said he is perfect but he didn't play origin two years running because they had no players to pick from.

You don't have to like him, but others see him as a quality player so try not to rain on their parade so much if you don't like them flinging mud at you.
Niggle? Niggle is not the word. Ennis niggles, Josh is a worm and does not play in the spirit of the game. How peope can constantly defend him is ridiculous. seriously lets compare his skills as a half to other halves in the Nrl.
Ball playing - below average
Runnings game - Average
Long kicking game - Above average and improving
Short kicking game - Horrible, hands opp teams endless amounts of 7 tackle sets
Organisation - ZERO
Composure - ZERO
Defence - Bad
Support play - Good

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Niggle? Niggle is not the word. Ennis niggles, Josh is a worm and does not play in the spirit of the game. How peope can constantly defend him is ridiculous. seriously lets compare his skills as a half to other halves in the Nrl.
Runnings game - Average
Organisation - ZERO
Composure - ZERO
Defence - Bad
Support play - Good
Would disagree and say good at least.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His running game is good not many halves out there number 6's that have better ones. I love it when takes line on just needs more support

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
READING THE SHARKS Official Michael Ennis thread: Mick may be in for a bit of a rude shock with at least one fan willing to:

snowman
Total gronk

i'll still call him a ****, but next year i will want to finger bash him
should i have said i'd wanna fergo him instead?
Snowman really seems have a thing for hookers :p

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Runnings game - Average
Organisation - ZERO
Composure - ZERO
Defence - Bad
Support play - Good
Marley,
What you need to consider is that you are simply creating a subjective set of criteria. From your subjective (opinion based) set of criteria you are simply providing your opinion.
The problem is you discuss your opinions as fact, which they are not. There is such a tone over of absolute assuredness in your remarks which implies naivety or delusion.
I am not saying you are naive or delusional however you discuss your opinions as fact which such blinding relentlessness that it makes us consider you are not really discussing his playing ability. Instead it feels you judging him as a person. Your tone of vicious condemnation suggests an agenda other than his football ability.
It is frustrating to read this constantly.

Note: I am not saying you are wrong but please dont assume you are right

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is the best 5/8 in the comp and JT has nothing on him eg: origin hahaha Marley -come at me with ur best I dare u :p

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Marley,
What you need to consider is that you are simply creating a subjective set of criteria. From your subjective (opinion based) set of criteria you are simply providing your opinion.
The problem is you discuss your opinions as fact, which they are not. There is such a tone over of absolute assuredness in your remarks which implies naivety or delusion.
I am not saying you are naive or delusional however you discuss your opinions as fact which such blinding relentlessness that it makes us consider you are not really discussing his playing ability. Instead it feels you judging him as a person. Your tone of vicious condemnation suggests an agenda other than his football ability.
It is frustrating to read this constantly.

Note: I am not saying you are wrong but please dont assume you are right
This, along with the comments that Josh Reynolds will never be a good player.

Watching games we can all judge what we think is good and bad but it's subjective. I remember when Keating was playing (and I'm not saying he was any good) but Keating was getting bashed for only kicking the ball a couple of times and each kick being ineffective. I had to point out that Keating did 80% of the kicking in that game and that each kick found space, several sat up in goals.

When you develop a hatred for someone then you start to see what you want to see. It's not deliberate, it's a subjective psychological phenomenon that happens to us all.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If Reynolds stays focused and learns the art of controlled aggression, he could become an elite player, until that happens, he will remain an ok player with potential.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I heard off the grapevine that we are in the process of signing another forward. Not a big name signing and returning to NRL from overseas. Probably there just for back up.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I heard off the grapevine that we are in the process of signing another forward. Not a big name signing and returning to NRL from overseas. Probably there just for back up.
Tas Baitieri

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would like to see the dogs chase off contract titans hooker Matt Srama. He is young and is a great player who will be a top replacement for michael ennis. He has first-grade experience and can teach young guns moses Mbye and Michael Lichaa the tricks of the trade and prepare them for first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.